Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 02:24 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,503,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Principles are not a word that springs to mind, with a lot of the vile racism articulated by certain folks on these forums...
When was race brought into this?

Old 09-10-2010, 02:24 AM

362 posts, read 774,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I think it is a great expression of freedom of speech. I like the stance that it takes. I don't see it as intolerant or rude. It shows that we are sick of radical Islam and just what Islam stands for.

They burn our flags. When 9/11 happened, I saw Muslims dancing in the streets of Dearborn (biggest Muslims population in the USA) and how they step on our flag.

Even now, they were protesting the Quran burning by burning our flag. LOL. I like the reaction. Muslims are like Conservatives. Fun to provoke and laugh at after. They can sit there insulting all the other religions all day and burn the USA flag and ban other religious text but heaven forbid we burn a Quran or draw Muhammed.

ZOMG! ZOMG!

lol, THAT GREAT EXPRESSION MIGHT AS WELL PLACE A GIGANTIC X on Mr. Jones' back, becuase he will get targeted by some fanatic who will find him and assassinate his dumb behind

Old 09-10-2010, 02:28 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,503,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Your truth is some ones elses irrationality.
The religious don't claim rational thought as the basis for their beliefs. They claim divine revelation.

Old 09-10-2010, 02:44 AM

6,038 posts, read 5,950,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
The religious don't claim rational thought as the basis for their beliefs. They claim divine revelation.
Agree fully with that..that's a first.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:54 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Wouldn't burning the Quran be a part of free speech? Like flag burning and bible burning?

Why is it that when radical muslims burn bibles AND churches, their moderate brethren and worldwide opinion don't come down on them the same way?

Christians in Gaza Fear for Their Lives as Muslims Burn Bibles and Destroy Crosses - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Quote:
Father Manuel Musallem, head of Gaza's Latin church, told the AP that Muslims have ransacked, burned and looted a school and convent that are part of the Gaza Strip's small Romany Catholic community. He told the AP that crosses were broken, damage was done to a statue of Jesus, and at the Rosary Sister School and nearby convent, prayer books were burned.
Why are we always looking for ways to appease the radical muslims? they hate us, they will always hate us and it won't make a lick of difference whether we burn their holy book or not.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:02 AM

1,461 posts, read 1,528,815 times
They will vent and show their ignorance and join hands and sing and dance with Nazis.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:06 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Wouldn't burning the Quran be a part of free speech? Like flag burning and bible burning?

Why is it that when radical muslims burn bibles AND churches, their moderate brethren and worldwide opinion don't come down on them the same way?

Christians in Gaza Fear for Their Lives as Muslims Burn Bibles and Destroy Crosses - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Why are we always looking for ways to appease the radical muslims? they hate us, they will always hate us and it won't make a lick of difference whether we burn their holy book or not.
Well - Islam means submission and many liberals have already submitted.

Kind of sad, they never put up a fight.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:08 AM

1,461 posts, read 1,528,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I think it is a great expression of freedom of speech. I like the stance that it takes. I don't see it as intolerant or rude. It shows that we are sick of radical Islam and just what Islam stands for.

They burn our flags. When 9/11 happened, I saw Muslims dancing in the streets of Dearborn (biggest Muslims population in the USA) and how they step on our flag.

Even now, they were protesting the Quran burning by burning our flag. LOL. I like the reaction. Muslims are like Conservatives. Fun to provoke and laugh at after. They can sit there insulting all the other religions all day and burn the USA flag and ban other religious text but heaven forbid we burn a Quran or draw Muhammed.

ZOMG! ZOMG!
Because our nation and its ideals require us to hold to a higher standard.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:09 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
They will vent and show their ignorance and join hands and sing and dance with Nazis.
Muslims?
They already did that in WWII.
Well probably NOT dancing as that is sinful in their eyes and they would probably kill you for doing it.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:10 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
Because our nation and its ideals require us to hold to a higher standard.
That standard being....not offending others even if we don't believe like they do???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies