Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 11:46 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
This Nation is founded on the beliefs in the Judeo-Christian religion, but the deniers wish it wasn't, so they lie to themselves and try to convince everyone else that God was never a part of the Founders belief in freedoms in the Consitution. Notice how you can not even find ALL of Washington's farewell speech in school books, or when referenced by the current polical left?

Better yet look at the fact that 29 of the 56 men who sat at the Constitutional Convention held seminarial degrees. I am sure that progressives don't want to believe that and they will work very hard to convince all of us that these men never preached a sermon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
What in the quote you post convinced you that the God Jeffereson was speaking of was the Christian God? Clearly Jefferson there evidences his belief in a god, thereby proving himself a Deist, but I see nothing in that statement that identifies which god.
Maybe the capitalization of the word God would tend to do that. Did you capitalize the word when you weren't talking about the God of Christianity? I guess you just did that from force of habit but the real progressives never allow something like that to enter into their writings.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
More conspiracy theories...
Is there a possibility that the desire to prove Christianity not the thing by you progressives are the ones with the conspiracy this time? I think that is very possible. You are the conspirationist this time.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:53 PM

952 posts, read 942,121 times
Christian bashers are so (pseudo) sophisticated and intellectual. What a transparently sophomoric lot....

Drama Queens

Modern Christians and their organizations, for all their flaws and hypocrisy, are benefactors of incalculable consequence to this Nation....and the World.

Those so acutely offended by Christians are saddled with the fact that:

Religion in the World isn't going anywhere soon---regardless their hyperbolic condemnation.

must be a tough Cross to bear....

Old 09-09-2010, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I think I already proved it.
If I provide at least as many quotes from Jefferson that show you to be spinning would you accept the fact that Jefferson was a Christian. Not to people like you because you don't want progressivism to be proven wrong so back to the list you would go, and I am not going to get into that game with you.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:57 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,501,132 times
Lets just go through the Constitution, article by article, and you can tell me which parts are based on Christianity, Ok?

Article 1 describes the Legislative branch. Section 1 gives a general overview, section 2 describes a House of Representatives whose number is based on population, while section 3 describes a Senate whose members come 2 from each state. They also give the age requirements and duties of those branches of government.

Which part of the bible did God talk about having a Senate and a House of Representatives?

Can you find ANY PART of article 1 that is based on Christianity?

Old 09-09-2010, 11:58 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
What difference does it make and why is it so important for people to believe our nation was founded on "christian principals"? It won't change the fact that we are not a "chritian nation". It won't make people Christians. It won't give Christians more power. It won't do a darn thing.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:01 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,933,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Maybe the capitalization of the word God would tend to do that. Did you capitalize the word when you weren't talking about the God of Christianity? I guess you just did that from force of habit but the real progressives never allow something like that to enter into their writings.
Capitalization of the word god in certain usages is simply proper grammar, and would be done whether I was referring to the Christian God, the Muslim God, or the Jewish God. Ascribing to a person a supposed belief in a particular god (notice I DIDN'T capitalize there?) becasue of their good grammar is a bit of a stretch, don't you think?

Note that I'm not arguing whether Jefferson was a Christian. I'm just saying that you can't demonstrate such by pointing at the particular statement you provided.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:05 AM

I see no one could find a SINGLE part of Art. 1 that is based on Christianity.

Are we ready to move on to Article 2 of the Constitution yet?

Article 2 describes the functions and duties of the executive branch.

What concepts in Art. 2 comes from Christianity?

Old 09-10-2010, 12:12 AM

Ok, I see no one can find a single part of Art. 2 of the Constitution that was based on Christianity.

How about Article 3: The Judiciary. Which part of the bible is responsible for the writ of habeas corpus?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies