Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 08:56 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
I would have to say your greed is evidently amazing ! You can't take your possesions with you to your grave. When you die you will have nothing, just like everyone else. Since you brought a diety into the conversation,
I doubt that they would approve of your greed but would expect you to be more compassionate for those with less than yourself.

Greed? I do not want ANYTHING from anyone else. It is you liberals who are the "gimme" class. You beg and demand everything that you have not earned, as you suffer from jealous envy. I love the line of "you can't take it with you"- since one cannot "take it with you", then the implication is that everyone should give thier hard earned money TO YOU! What the hell? I really do not think that my life or direction of my estate is your buisness, or the buisness of any liberal. I will direct my estate to my kids and the church- liberals can go to hell.

Liberals, such as you, are envious of other people and are greedy beyond belief. You are not satisfied with what you can create or generate by your own efforts and demand what other people have earned. That is the definition of greed and envy.

I give alot to charity. As you are a liberal, I know that you do not, as liberals are as tight as a drum.

Why is that liberals, who are atheists, always bring up God? They do not believe in God anyway, yet seem to have the pompous presumption that they are quite sure of God's intent and plan.

Liberalism is the religion of insanity, greed, and arrogance. Just take a look at the liberal posts on CD every day for evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 09:02 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,045,746 times
Default Our country can't afford eight more years of Republican leadership!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Why do you think the those with money are "hoarding the money and keeping unemployment" high? They are doing it largely because they government has destabilized the market. Between the huge debt, with no end in sight, and the new, fill-in-the-blank health care and financial regulations, threats of new CO2 and global warming regulations, which will cause energy costs to "necessarily skyrocket", businesses are scared to death to invest, expand, take risks or hire new employees, because they do not know what the future will look like.

The government caused most of this wrecked economy, and you want to let them be the ones to get us out of it? Where do you think the government will get all those billions of dollars to "create jobs" for everyone?

Please think these ideas thru to their final conclusion before you fall for the idea that politicians and bureaucrats are miracle workers and gifted with more skills and knowledge then the American people.
Yep... the government that allowed corrupt banks and insurance companies to destabilize the entire economy and who then jumped on board to give them free money with no strings attached so that they could continue to enjoy huge profits and to continue giving their CEO's and their employees outrageous, unearned bonuses a year later... the ones who opened the doors with tax cuts for companies who exported American jobs to other countries...

That government,... the government who campaigns on "less restrictions on businesses" has bankrupted our country and are still fighting to protect their corrupt, greedy, big business cronies.... they are the ones who destabilized our market.

Please think these ideas through to their final conclusion before you fall for the idea that the current administration should have been miracle workers.... and that they are somehow responsible for our current economy.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:03 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,191,954 times
Regarding the tax cuts.............I was opposed to them from day 1.
I thought they sent the wrong message being we were at war and going in debt.

However, I believe Bush's tax cuts should be an up or down vote to recind them.

Keep the package or send the package back.

I don't believe in " tinkering " with it by keeping some tax cuts and rejecting others.

Have integrity !

If the Bush's tax cuts were so bad recind the entire package ( all of it) and revert back.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:09 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Regarding the tax cuts.............I was opposed to them from day 1.
I thought they sent the wrong message being we were at war and going in debt.

However, I believe Bush's tax cuts should be an up or down vote to recind them.

Keep the package or send the package back.

I don't believe in " tinkering " with it by keeping some tax cuts and rejecting others.

Have integrity !

If the Bush's tax cuts were so bad recind the entire package ( all of it) and revert back.
The sad truth is that fighting a war is actually beneficial to the economy, so enacting tax cuts during a war would spur even more growth.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Yep... the government that allowed corrupt banks and insurance companies to destabilize the entire economy and who then jumped on board to give them free money with no strings attached so that they could continue to enjoy huge profits and to continue giving their CEO's and their employees outrageous, unearned bonuses a year later... the ones who opened the doors with tax cuts for companies who exported American jobs to other countries...

That government,... the government who campaigns on "less restrictions on businesses" has bankrupted our country and are still fighting to protect their corrupt, greedy, big business cronies....
they are the ones who destabilized our market.

Please think these ideas through to their final conclusion before you fall for the idea that the current administration should have been miracle workers.... and that they are somehow responsible for our current economy.

Right

The unwinding of the American financial situation is caused directly by the entitlements issued by the federal government and the mentality of the citizens who demanded those entitlements.

Medicare, Social Security, and Medicaid make up 43% of the federal budget and has bled finances away from injection into buisness and infrastructure- all to dependents in the "gimme class" who have done nothing in return. It has been a very poor investment.

To add injury to insult, the Feds mandated from the Carter administration on, that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac issue loans to unqualified "home buyers" and stop the fiscally responsible policy of "red lining". This, of course, set the stage for the subprime mortgage crisis which destabilized the whole financial sector.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:13 AM

Default Bush started the war to "help" our economy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post

The sad truth is that fighting a war is actually beneficial to the economy, so enacting tax cuts during a war would spur even more growth.
OMG -- "fighting a war is actually beneficial to the economy"...???

That is an perfect example of Republican logic - Bush and Cheney both said that.

Now, the facts are before us.

Has the war helped our economy?

Of course -- you want to blame the current economy on Obama.... and, Jimmy Carter, too.

and, according to you, let's not forget to blame all of the "gimmee people" that have lost their jobs since 9/11 and who have been forced to go on welfare and due to the economic meltdown that happened after the bank created "Housing Bubble" burst....

Last edited by World Citizen; 09-11-2010 at 09:46 AM..

Old 09-11-2010, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
OMG -- "fighting a war is actually beneficial to the economy"...???

That is an perfect example of Republican logic - Bush and Cheney both said that.

Now, the facts are before us.

Has the war helped our economy?

Of course -- you want to blame the current economy on Obama.... and, Jimmy Carter, too.

and, according to you, let's not forget to blame all of the "gimmee people" that have lost their jobs since 9/11 and who have been forced to go on welfare and due to the economic meltdown that happened after the bank created "Housing Bubble" burst....

"Bank created housing bubble burst"?

I guess you are not aware that the housing bubble was artificially created by the federal government in the Carter administration through the mandates to provide home loans to unqualified buyers through Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. The subprime mortgage crisis was MANDATED by the federal government and created the accumulation of home loans that were very high risk and drove up the price of housing. A disaster provided by another insane liberal federal entitlement.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1993613/posts

http://www.examiner.com/headlines-in...started-it-all

Entitlements, fueled by liberal politicians "rewarding" greedy constituents with more and more "treats" has been the undoing of the economy. Stop the entitlements and fiscal sanity will be restored. Of course, this will never occurr, as the libs reward the "peasants" with "bread and circuses" to remain in power, regardless of the consequences.

Old 09-11-2010, 11:27 AM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,363,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
The Bush tax cuts should expire and than the money from the expired tax cuts should be used for an robust job tax credit to raise employment.
Unfortunately there is no money available there. Higher taxes are already factored in to next year's $1T+ budget deficit projection. (Anyone interested can view the current budget summary at CBO.COM)

If cuts are made permanant for those under $250K, without offsets it is projected to add $2.3T to the current 10-year deficit estimate...

Old 09-11-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C View Post
Unfortunately there is no money available there. Higher taxes are already factored in to next year's $1T+ budget deficit projection. (Anyone interested can view the current budget summary at CBO.COM)

If cuts are made permanant for those under $250K, without offsets it is projected to add $2.3T to the current 10-year deficit estimate...
Correct. That is what these liberals, obsessed with spending more money we do not have, do not seem to understand.

We need to massively cut spending (social programs and the military) or face our assured financial destruction. The liberal is driving a car with no brakes at high speed toward the edge of a cliff. Rather than seeing the danger, he is just enjoying the wind in his hair. Liberalism promotes the concept of "living today" and discourages careful planning for the future, thus the enthusiasm for wild spending which will certainly result in chaos.

Old 09-11-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

"Bank created housing bubble burst"?

I guess you are not aware that the housing bubble was artificially created by the federal government in the Carter administration through the mandates to provide home loans to unqualified buyers through Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. The subprime mortgage crisis was MANDATED by the federal government and created the accumulation of home loans that were very high risk and drove up the price of housing. A disaster provided by another insane liberal federal entitlement.

The Subprime Mortgage Mess and the Carter-Era Community Reinvestment Act of 1977

Mortgage Mess Critics Shouldn't Forget Jimmy Carter. His Community Reinvestment Act started it all. - Tampa Bay headlines | Examiner.com

Entitlements, fueled by liberal politicians "rewarding" greedy constituents with more and more "treats" has been the undoing of the economy. Stop the entitlements and fiscal sanity will be restored. Of course, this will never occurr, as the libs reward the "peasants" with "bread and circuses" to remain in power, regardless of the consequences.
This recent crisis involving real estate is not unlike the kind of stock trading that caused the Great Depression.

I worked in a Mortgage company during the period we are talking about.
They specialized in subprime mortgages but they weren't picky. Anyone they could get in there and get them to refinance was prime -- subprime or not.

I quit because what was going on was obviously completely out of control. I didn't like what I saw and I didn't want to be a part of it - not for any amount of money.

The banks were all on board for the free ride -- knowing they would be protected from failing.

We had government that turned a blind eye to what was going on for 8 years.

You can argue until you're blue in the face about who is to blame but the banks are responsible.
They were doing things to push loans through that were illegal because "everyone else was doing it"... and because there was a loophole.

These things have all come out in the news from others who were inside the industry but apparently you don't want to accept the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies