Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 12:06 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times

Advertisements

tribalist thinking. when will we realize we're all the same?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2010, 12:29 PM

952 posts, read 942,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post

uh, all the same as what?

a fencepost?

a toaster?

a Lady GaGa?

an Adolph Hitler?

If we were all the same, we would all share your blanket assertion...

Old 09-10-2010, 12:32 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaluce View Post
uh, all the same as what?

a fencepost?

a toaster?

a Lady GaGa?

an Adolph Hitler?

If we were all the same, we would all share your blanket assertion...
LOL....

We are ALL uniquely the same....

Old 09-10-2010, 12:58 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post

We're all human beings.

None of us are the same.

I can't remember the last time I beheaded anyone for being a homosexual or for not believing in the same imaginary man in the sky, as I do.

I can't remember the last time I murdered someone for drawing a parody charicurture of some one or something that I find "too holy and important" to have a sense of humor about.

I respect religious people who are capable of showing respect for other people who don't believe the same as they do. By last head count, that's a small percentage of religious people.

Islam, which is the Quran, dictates zero respect for all non-muslims. And by last head count, their numbers of respectful towards infidels is even more miniscule.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:47 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,826 times
More small precedents (special privileges) Muslims have been attempting (and some times succeeding in) to establish.

Muslim Workers Demand Time for Prayer at Meatpacking Plants | Labor Notes

Disney restaurant hostess sues for permission to wear hijab - Los Angeles Times

....paid for Prayer Time......

.......refuses to remove her hijab (head scarf) despite the fact it violates company dress codes and now she's sueing them!

This is how they begin....they infest...entrench and bully. No understanding. No intentions of "fitting in". No respect for the company's rules. No respect for her fellow employees.

Just singularly-focused self-absorbtion in Islam. Bully Islam into the culture. Force-feed it down America's throats. Special benefits and special immunities for Islam.

This can not be accepted in America.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:26 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
More small precedents (special privileges) Muslims have been attempting (and some times succeeding in) to establish.
What makes you call these "special privileges?"

It seems to me they are perfectly covered under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies