Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 11:39 AM

81 posts, read 177,356 times

Advertisements

Oz in SC - Honestly in my opinion you are wrong and nothing that you say or do is going to change my feelings so we can just agree to disagree. I for one go to bed at night knowing in my heart that Jesus loves me for who I am
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2010, 11:45 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
All I can say to the Pastor in Florida is "Don't back down, pal!! BURN BABY BURNNNN!" Throw some pork on the Koran first. :-P
I'll go ahead and start the bashing TLV, SUPER POST!

Old 09-10-2010, 11:49 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam4884 View Post
Oz in SC - Honestly in my opinion you are wrong and nothing that you say or do is going to change my feelings so we can just agree to disagree. I for one go to bed at night knowing in my heart that Jesus loves me for who I am
I am not trying to change your mind,you asked and I told you how I felt.

One of my failings(supposedly) as a Christian would be I am not really that concerned about saving other people...that is their business.

I am also not one to pray for other people's salvation..

I am probably going to Hell now....

I do not envy the position anyone who is tempted all the time is in.

All off topic and we shall be severely chastised soon.

Old 09-10-2010, 11:51 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,212,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I thought he should smoke some ribs over the burning Korans...
Make those pork ribs...

Old 09-10-2010, 11:54 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Make those pork ribs...
Is there any other kind???

LOL.this is the SOUTH....

Old 09-10-2010, 11:59 AM

3,266 posts, read 5,631,650 times
Quote:
Actually - I think Christian's who preach hate and violence are the ones that are going to hell.
Not that I am judging but there is a risk of that.

Quote:
The ones who practice and preach love and tolerance for one another regardless of race, skin color, sexual orientation, beliefs, etc. are the ones who go to heaven.
This is contrary to the Bible's teachings. The Bible is clear that unless a person repent (stop sinning and go the other way) they will NOT see the kingdom of heaven. Also it says that salvation is not based on works ( "practice and preach love and tolerance")lest the sacrifice of the cross be for naught ... "all mens righteousness is filthy rags before God" (in otherwords no man's "goodness" shall get him to Heaven).

Race and skin color are different from "sexual orientation" and sexual orientation can be considered a sin of lust (if acted on) like adultry. We know that Jesus told the adultress that the Parisees wanted to stone to death to simply "go and sin no more".

Just sayin' !

Old 09-10-2010, 12:02 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,748,694 times
If Muslims in this country were truly concerned with how Americans view Islam, the relocation of the mosque from Ground Zero would not even be an issue.

This is about control...and they've got it.

Historically, Muslims build mosques on conquered land.

Not only are we conceding parts of Arizona to Mexico's drug lords, we're conceding the burial ground of thousands of Americans to Islam.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:13 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,062,387 times
Quote:
Seriously? It is NOT a big deal.
Seriously, it is.

The story as been brewing in the middle east for months. Perhaps you don't think that it doesn't matter that we keep popular support in muslim nations that are our critical allies, but folks who can see beyond their backyard do.

Quote:
Who gives a ****!
For millions of Muslims who we are allied with, quite a bit.

Quote:
If this was a burn Bible or Vedas day, no one would care to this extreme.
When putting together analogies it helps if you try to work with equivalents. If an Islamic country were waging a war against radical Christian terrorist I think that quite a few Christians would be more than a bit upset.

Context, its a good word. Look it up.

Quote:
The Muslims DANCED in our streets when 9/11 happened.
Palestinians danced in the street, some where Muslims, some where Christians, some didn't believe in any religion but all have seen the affects of American made munitions used by Israel's number one ally. So what would you have done, given the same historical perspective?

Old 09-10-2010, 12:17 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
If Muslims in this country were truly concerned with how Americans view Islam, the relocation of the mosque from Ground Zero would not even be an issue.
You hit the nail on the head with this one, buddy. Just right where it hurts the most.

They don't give a ****. And neither should we.

I am sick of this. I am sick of all the pandering to Muslims and their constant whining.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:31 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,830,626 times
Quote:
***Does not apply to all Muslims before I am accused of being full of "hatred". I know some are peaceful. ***

All I can say to the Pastor in Florida is "Don't back down, pal!! BURN BABY BURNNNN!" Throw some pork on the Koran first. :-P
Inside Al Qaeda - Newsweek

This is why.

I didn't know if your post was a joke or not. Doesn't apply to all muslims,. but burning the most holy book in your religion for every muslim in the world is what I want to happen.

To them, it's akin to watching someone rape your wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies