Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 02:17 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
Women of America need to know, especially young women, that Planned Parenthood is not their friend. Instead, this organization institutionally covers up the sexual abuse of victims and enable abusers across the country. Women deserve better.
link?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 02:21 AM

1,999 posts, read 4,996,009 times
Default internal links

Posted earlier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
link?

Old 02-04-2011, 02:56 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Default Dishonesty is not the best policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
That was debunked.
The video was highly edited.

PP called the FBI on these morons.
There's an entire thread on this topic with that video as the OP.

Why do you choose to continue with debunked material as though it were real?
It's a dishonest approach to posting.
As some believe, if you say a lie enough times, some people (not the smart ones) will believe it's true.

Your little sting guys may find themselves in hot water for purporting to be human traffickers.

Link to google page if you don't like what I'm about to post.
planned parenthood fbi January 2011 - Google Search

AP Exclusive: Planned Parenthood seeks FBI probe (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/24/AR2011012404462.html - broken link)
NEW YORK -- Planned Parenthood, a perennial protest target because of its role in providing abortions, has notified the FBI that at least 12 of its health centers were visited recently by a man purporting to be a sex trafficker but who may instead be part of an attempted ruse to entrap clinic employees.

In each case, according to Planned Parenthood, the man sought to speak privately with a clinic employee and then requested information about health services for sex workers, including some who he said were minors and in the U.S. illegally.

Planned Parenthood seeks FBI investigation of possible pro-life sting operation | LifeSiteNews.com
January 25, 2011 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Planned Parenthood is seeking an FBI investigation of a man who is alleged to have visited several their facilities, claiming that the man is connected with the pro-life group Live Action.

The man reportedly told clinic staff that he was seeking treatment for a sexually transmitted disease, and then revealed himself as a sex trafficker once he had obtained a private conversation with a staff member, according to the Associated Press. He then sought information about health services for prostitutes who were in his employ, some of whom he identified as minors and illegals.

Again, have anything credible to add?

Old 02-04-2011, 04:57 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
samyn,
I only read you when someone quotes you.

That said, I just contributed $50 to PP with the name samyn on the green.

So far, misguided posters have cost me $250 this year and it's only Feb 4.
I'm going to have to lower my donations to $25 per ill-informed thread.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:47 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
How incredibly predictable!

They won't even watch it.

Who told them to have the fourteen and under prostitutes lie about their age so they don't have to report the abuse?
That individual was fired. If you can be bothered to read my links you will see she told them to lie because she knew the other staff at the clinic would have a problem with the age of the girls, and the trafficking, and would report it to authorities. In the sting operations at 12 different clinics involving a multitude of PP staff, only one individual was incriminated. One rotten apple. How does the video in the OP prove anything apart from the fact that they had one appalling employee who has subsequesntly been fired?

Planned Parenthood Fires N.J. Clinic Manager Seen in Sting Video - ABC News

Lila Rose's*Video*Contradicts Her Claim That*Planned Parenthood*Is Corrupt | Media Matters for America

Old 02-04-2011, 08:52 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,616,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I consider abortions (which are legal, by the way) to be a women's health service. I am a woman. I have used PP in the past (for BC and pap smears) and so have many of my friends. They provide services that are requested period.

And please, that 'abortion is muuuurderrrr' stuff doesn't work on me so don't bother.
If I were to consider rape to be a men's health issue, would it be justified? Carry your logic out. If it impacts another life it's an issue. It's not just the woman's body.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:00 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,982,181 times
There's been two videos and in both of them, the PP worker didn't immediately tell the person they wouldn't help them or that they were engaging in illegal activities.

On the contrary, they aided and abetted criminal activity.

One of the workers was fired and the other was actually commended!

Regardless of the fact that PP notified the FBI. those workers STILL did something quite alarming and wrong. They obviously had no problem with the illegal activity which is abhorrent in and of itself for an organization that is supposed to care about women.

I am all for woman's rights.....but those videos STILL make me furious!

Old 02-04-2011, 09:01 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,281,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I consider abortions (which are legal, by the way) to be a women's health service. I am a woman. I have used PP in the past (for BC and pap smears) and so have many of my friends. They provide services that are requested period.
Abortions are completely a woman's choice. They also have to live with that decision. There are many folks who would not consider a woman who had an abortion to be an appropriate mate. I am one such person. The women who've had an abortion may think that's a-ok, but they may learn to rethink that position when they're into their 30's and looking for a husband.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:04 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
In a year where fiscal austerity is favored among Americans and promises to vote in legislators who at least promise likewise, we'll just have to see.

Suit Threatens Planned Parenthood Funds « Liveshots
Since the founder was a racist who hated and wanted to kill black kids, I have no problem with anything bad happening to this operation.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:29 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
I'm trying to say we'll be like many civilized countries that don't require an organization that pushes for abortion with federal funding and instead focus on contraception and education.
Are you aware that PP won't even give a person a pregnancy test until they've---the couple, preferable---sits through videos on the use of contraceptions and education about sexually transmitted diseases? They don't "push abortions." They offer a whole range of women's health services including dealing with infertility, breast cancer screening, PAP tests, menopause education, etc. and birth control for men and testicular cancer education.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 02-04-2011 at 10:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies