Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 03:01 PM

1,496 posts, read 3,384,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
No, I think you don't understand. I can only answer for myself. I don't know how other's think, and I don't wish to try and control them. I have worked in various different cultures, and in one the term for a pre-born baby was the colloquial word for "small". You can try and set rules and boundaries for speech or thought, but you cannot force others to live according to them.

No dodge at all, you just don't like my answer. Bringing your own emotional baggage into the discussion, and then saying you are trying to be open, honest, and understand our point of view is disingenuous.
You mean you have not gotten the answer you wanted. Sorry, asked and answered.

Pregnancy Options

Pregnancy options discussed by PP, abortion, adoption, parenthood. How is that encouraging abortion?

So we have gathered. And I don't agree with you.

Where have I ever tried to control how anyone thinks or writes? SHow me in my own words. Talk about disingenuous.

All I ask for is logical responses. I am not trying to tell anyone how to interpret their own pregnancy. I am pointing out the inconsistency in its descriptions and all I see is emotional defensiveness.

I haven't seen anything but emotional responses and ignoring the logical answers.

I understand what you folks are trying to say but it makes no logical sense. No one has answered the question in the logical context.

Why don't YOU point out my emotional baggage. I ask for logic not emotion.

You have not answered any questions here at all. I don't care how you feel, I want to know how you think, and all you do is belittle my writing and my questions and never adddress the real issues. Fine. Got you figured out here.

See my post #60.

Last edited by brien51; 02-04-2011 at 03:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 03:54 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
I'm guessing the unborn human inside the woman has a stake in that decision.
no an "unborn human" that can't survive with out it's host does not have a say.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:00 PM

brein, the word fetus was not used very much pre roe v wade because most pregnancies you heard about were wanted. we use the term today because we have evolved enough to be more medically educated and aware than we were allowed to be in the days pre roe v wade.

you want to think we use the term fetus so women "might feel less guilty" about abortion fine, I can agree with that in theory. however women are not stupid and we know a fetus is an undeveloped baby if left to term.

anti choice people want to push the term baby, so that women seeking an abortion will feel shame and guilt for her choice. nothing more

planned parenthood is a great place that is dedicated to woman's health

Old 02-04-2011, 04:12 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
brein, the word fetus was not used very much pre roe v wade because most pregnancies you heard about were wanted. we use the term today because we have evolved enough to be more medically educated and aware than we were allowed to be in the days pre roe v wade.

you want to think we use the term fetus so women "might feel less guilty" about abortion fine, I can agree with that in theory. however women are not stupid and we know a fetus is an undeveloped baby if left to term.

anti choice people want to push the term baby, so that women seeking an abortion will feel shame and guilt for her choice. nothing more

planned parenthood is a great place that is dedicated to woman's health
Well I disagree. Some women are stupid and some are stupid and degenerate like the Planned Parenthood employee who aided and abetted child sex. I doubt she is the only employee to look the other way. Planned Parenthood is not dedicated to women's health. Planned Parenthood is dedicated to a specific agenda and cares not if children are being molested and exploited. Federal funding needs to be pulled immediately.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:17 PM

every organization can have bad apples that does not mean the entire organization is doing wrong.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:57 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
Quote:
How profound.

Does this 'thing' then have a choice? Does it deserve a chance?

Old 02-04-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
How profound.

Does this 'thing' then have a choice? Does it deserve a chance?
a pregnancy and the choice to take it to term belongs to the woman who carries it, not you or me. what I wish or what you might wish has no bearing on her life. it is none of "our" business

Old 02-04-2011, 07:13 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brien51 View Post
Where have I ever tried to control how anyone thinks or writes? SHow me in my own words. Talk about disingenuous.

All I ask for is logical responses. I am not trying to tell anyone how to interpret their own pregnancy. I am pointing out the inconsistency in its descriptions and all I see is emotional defensiveness.

I haven't seen anything but emotional responses and ignoring the logical answers.

I understand what you folks are trying to say but it makes no logical sense. No one has answered the question in the logical context.
You are being obtuse. Does it matter what term I use as I cannot speak for others? Fine, I would use the term baby, regardless of the path the pregnancy took. Women are not stupid, they know what abortion is.

Quote:
Why don't YOU point out my emotional baggage.
Quote:
The only problem is you have to live with them, as I have, and from experience, it never leaves your conscience. Throughout your entire life you will always wonder when you look at another baby, toddler, tween, teen and young adult and that nagging question from deep within your conscience will surface. "I wonder what if...." I assure you from experience, this will happen.
Quote:
You have not answered any questions here at all. I don't care how you feel, I want to know how you think, and all you do is belittle my writing and my questions and never adddress the real issues. Fine. Got you figured out here.
I apologize if you feel I am belittling you, that is not my intention.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:25 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,573,791 times
Quote:
wow!!!!! are we talking about illegals

Old 02-04-2011, 07:29 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,573,791 times
Quote:
a pregnancy and the choice to take it to term belongs to the woman who carries it, not you or me. what I wish or what you might wish has no bearing on her life. it is none of "our" business
well if we are paying for it it is our business, you can do what ever you want with your body,but do not make me pay for it!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies