Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 04:02 PM

38,041 posts, read 22,214,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I support the Republican Party in good conscience. They are more friendly to my relative's small business which he employs about 4 people. Oh and, all his products are made in the USA even if it reduces his profit margins. So in my view, he's providing income to his 4 employees. That's more than the Democrats will ever do. I bet the reason why incomes raised for the poor under Democrat leadership is probably due to fatter welfare checks cause the minimum wage increases destroy small businesses and raises inflation.

Why do I have a feeling sickofnyc suffers from the Robin Hood complex?
When the reason why money comes into the hands of the poor, is because government took it from the rich and gave it to the poor, then i would not say that was something to crow about, because it was coerced thru the point of a gun, and it is therefore unsustainable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 04:02 PM

948 posts, read 1,387,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
If you don't support the Democratic party then so be it, but you cannot possibly, in good conscience support the Republican party either.
One of the problems is people supporting a single party. The key to a good well balanced Economic and foreign policy is the Nash Equilibrium.
Where by no one party has so much control that it's has a loan influence. Stated simply, Republicans and Democrats are in Nash Equilibrium if the Republicans are making the best decision they can, taking into account Democrat decisions, and Democrats are making the best decision they can, taking into account Republican decisions. Nash Equilibrium does not necessarily mean the best cumulative payoff for all the players involved however it dose provide that each party maneuver to fit their agenda with the agenda of the other party. They would improve the payoffs if they could agree on strategies
People need to look at issues and not the party line

Old 09-11-2010, 04:07 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,814,602 times
Quote:
My post and this thread did not pinpoint any particular representative, but you cannot by any means deny that the Republican party is obviously in the pockets of big business. When Boehner and Barton so blatantly side with BP in the disaster, how can anyone support them? Boehner wants to raise the retirement age while keeping the unpaid for tax breaks for the rich. There are corrupt politicians on both sides of the aisle, but the Republican's shameful votes, fillibusters and partisanship show their true colors and far outweigh that of the Democrats. You can go back to hitting your head now.

So the Republicans are in the pockets of big business huh? Guess you should go back and look at some of the biggest contributors to Obama's campaign then!

Seeing as most of the rich own big businesses and are the ones responsible for EMPLOYING people they should receive tax breaks. Why do you think there's so many companies leaving the country? Guess you still don't understand that being taxed to death doesn't sit well with most companies!All you Dems. see is dollar signs and want to take as much as possible and "REDISTRIBUTE" ahemmmm...WELFARE to the lazy losers out there!

Again..please show me where a poor person has created/produced jobs?

Yes I will continue hitting my head trying to figure out the Liberal brain!

Old 09-11-2010, 04:12 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,438,915 times
Did anybody see this today-

US poverty on track to post record gain in 2009 - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100911/ap_on_bi_ge/us_poverty_in_america - broken link)

Before anyone says it.......I know, it's Bushs' fault.

Old 09-11-2010, 04:42 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,158,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
So the Republicans are in the pockets of big business huh? Guess you should go back and look at some of the biggest contributors to Obama's campaign then!

Seeing as most of the rich own big businesses and are the ones responsible for EMPLOYING people they should receive tax breaks. Why do you think there's so many companies leaving the country? Guess you still don't understand that being taxed to death doesn't sit well with most companies!All you Dems. see is dollar signs and want to take as much as possible and "REDISTRIBUTE" ahemmmm...WELFARE to the lazy losers out there!

Again..please show me where a poor person has created/produced jobs?

Yes I will continue hitting my head trying to figure out the Liberal brain!

First of all, the party of no is holding small businesses hostage right now.

There is not such thing as trickle down economics. Voodoo still does not work. The middle class has been destroyed by big business as we no longer have a competetive manufacuring sector.

The Undeclared War on America's Middle Class
Under the guise of free market capitalism, conservative policies have made 80-hour work weeks the norm. Working harder for less money means middle class families are getting screwed.

The Undeclared War on America's Middle Class | Economy | AlterNet

Anyone that bases his arguments on labels and idiotic diagrams is not worthy of an intelligent debate.

Old 09-11-2010, 04:46 PM

646 posts, read 394,597 times
you should be reported for continuous links to terrorist organizations. good lord. under republicans, the biggest gains went to those who made the most money. oh heavens!

Quote:

There is not such thing as trickle down economics. Voodoo still does not work. The middle class has been destroyed by big business as we no longer have a competetive manufacuring sector.

Under the guise of free market capitalism, conservative policies have made 80-hour work weeks the norm. Working harder for less money means middle class families are getting screwed.

Anyone that bases his arguments on labels and idiotic diagrams is not worthy of an intelligent debate.

Old 09-11-2010, 06:09 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,894,749 times
Quote:

not true actually. democrats love to raise taxes, they claim to lower taxes on wages, but they raise them on everything else, cigarettes, excise taxes, etc. then they claim to be for the little people and push through a minimum wage increase, and that sounds good, until you look further at what happens when the minimum wage goes up.

most union contracts are tied to the minimum wage so when it goes up, so do union wages. what happens then is prices go up to cover the greater expenses, or jobs get cut to reduce expenses. and which jobs go first? thats right the minimum wage jobs. same with taxes, when they go up, prices also go up.

as for the minimum wage itself, it was NEVER designed to be a livable wage for a family of four. it was supposed to be a starting wage where people would gain experience, and then move to higher paying jobs.

one more thing, it isnt conservative policies that drove jobs overseas, it was liberal democrat and liberal republican policies that are driving jobs overseas. raise taxes, you increase the cost of doing business, raise wages and the same thing happens, increase regulations and again the cost of business goes up. these are the policies that are driving manufacturing businesses overseas. china has a better business environment as does india and other second and third world countries. if we make the business environment better in this country, manufacturing will come back, it has already started in small ways.

Old 09-12-2010, 02:03 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,438,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewmik View Post
One of the problems is people supporting a single party.

People need to look at issues and not the party line
I agree....although where a party stands on a particular issue, seems to depend on whether or not they're in control at that time......then the other party just opposes them....until they get in control, then they still claim to have the same stance yet they do many things the same way the other party was doing them when they were in control. Politicians still push what their party claims to stand for and the core from each party eats that stuff up every time.....it's a big block of voters they each want to maintain. Look at what kind of democrat JFK was and then look at democrats today, JFK might as we have been a repubican but, people act as though the two parties have always stood for the same things.

Old 09-12-2010, 06:37 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,828,557 times
Nothing new here. Republicans = for the richest of the rich. Democrats = for the middle class and average american.

Old 09-12-2010, 07:04 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,814,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Nothing new here. Republicans = for the richest of the rich. Democrats = for the middle class and average american.

You're joking right!!

They want to destroy the middle class working American! The health care bill alone should've opened your eyes to that!!Along with Obama's "It's good to spread the wealth around" mentality. I guess he should've spread his money then to his ILLEGAL AUNT who's been living here on Govt. money for the last 6-7 years!

The Dems are for the LOWER CLASS ! Give to those who don't want to go out and work for it themselves!! As long as it's not their money getting "Redistributed".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies