Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 01:12 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,259,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Yes! Hasn't this same thread been run ad naseum! too funny.
Some can't come up with a worthy topic to debate and resort to trolling/bashing.
Feel sorry for them and the usual suspects that come on here encouraging them along. . .

Ain't fun to feel sorry for those who start these threads and then get excited asking me not to start the opposite kind for Beck?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 01:12 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Christian hating progressives don't understand what you asked. Anyone who talks encouragingly about Christians is an enemy to them.
Is that a No?

Did Glennie tell you that "progressives" hate Christians?

How do you (that is, how do he and David Barton) explain away the millions of progressive, lefty Christians? From the Abolitionists to Glenn's good friend Jim Wallis.... come to find out they hate Christians?

Old 09-11-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
A lot of them have been misinformed.

They have never heard an alternative perspective.

I agree some are just too far gone to be saved but that is not necessarily true of all of them.
Surely they aren't ever on this forum if they have never seen any alternative perspectives. I see you guys all the time and still think Beck is right and wonder how many of you work for Media Matters to push their job for them.

Old 09-11-2010, 01:14 PM

475 posts, read 571,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
you're not serious with this, are you?
Idol worship violates one of the ten commandments. Therefore, Catholics, who worship idols, are not Christians.

Old 09-11-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aran View Post
Idol worship violates one of the ten commandments. Therefore, Catholics, who worship idols, are not Christians.
Catholics venerate saints, they don't "worship idols."

Catholics were the first organized Christians, in business, so to speak, hundreds of years before Martin Luther was born.

Get a history book.

Old 09-11-2010, 01:20 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,528,987 times
Quote:

Catholics were the first organized Christians, in business, so to speak, hundreds of years before Martin Luther was born.

Get a history book.
always angry!

Old 09-11-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
always angry!
It does make me angry, that grown adults can be so...... "incurious"..............

Old 09-11-2010, 01:24 PM

475 posts, read 571,061 times
Quote:
They worship idols. They may be idols representing saints... but they're idols. And they worship them.

When you have prayers to "things" you're worshipping idols.

Old 09-11-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Links and extensive comment provided in your own thread with the misleading/misled title, "Another Founder for God" or whatever.
No words there about Beck or whatever you say he said. I don't think Beck was alive when Jefferson was around. You are just another progressive, like the rest of these people here, who just won't ever accept Christianity or anybody who does. I don't think you people will kill Christianity any more than the Bolsheviks who were also afraid of Christianity did.

Old 09-11-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aran View Post
They worship idols. They may be idols representing saints... but they're idols. And they worship them.

When you have prayers to "things" you're worshipping idols.
I feel like Charlie Brown. "I can't stand it...."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies