Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 11:14 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,326,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
That's just a bunch of garbage. People who believe a woman has a right to choose what happens to her body are not, by default, "Pro-Abortion" -- in fact, many aren't in favor of abortion at all. Pro-Choice and Pro-Abortion are not synonyms.

But the opposite of Pro-Choice is not Pro-Life, as the implication is that Pro-Choice advocates are somehow Anti-Life, which is utterly absurd. None of us are Anti-Life any more than we're Pro-Abortion.

I'd have more respect for your side if you'd quit trying to characterize all of us as murderers who are "pro/for killing babies." When you demonize your opponents from the start, there can never be a reasonable discussion.
Excellent post. Thanks for interjecting some rational thought into this discussion.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:16 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,521,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
By the very term pro choice means you are in favor of using abortion. If you are in favor of abortion you are by definition pro abortion. So rather than hid behind the comfortable term pro choice us what it means pro abortion
Pro choice= in favor of using abortion as a means of birth control, of terminating a life. Couldn't be any more straight forward than that.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:20 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,488,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Exactly. Pro choice sounds so much better than pro-abortion. Hiding behind euphamisms.
I would respect them more if they admitted it.
And "Pro life" sounds so much better than anti-abortion! I would respect them more if they admitted it.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
And "Pro life" sounds so much better than anti-abortion! I would respect them more if they admitted it.
Yes! I am proud to say that I am TOTALLY Anti-abortion! There!
I admit it fully! lol.

Can you say the same????

Old 09-12-2010, 11:27 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,423,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

Here, let me fix this for you.

And "Pro life" sounds so much better than Anti-Choice/Pro-Forced Female Servitude! I would respect them more if they admitted it.

Well, at least that's how their argument sounds from the other side.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Here, let me fix this for you.

And "Pro life" sounds so much better than Anti-Choice/Forced Female Servitude!.
Wow. Forced female servitude now that's a new one on me from the left! lol!
Who is forcing women to have sex???? Last time I checked it was a choice. Do these women your speaking of not know that sexual intercourse may result in pregnancy or do they not use birth control??
Oh, that's right they use abortion as brith control. Very irresponsible, as well as archaic!

Old 09-12-2010, 11:34 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,488,465 times
Quote:
Yes! I am proud to say that I am TOTALLY Anti-abortion! There!
I admit it fully! lol.

Can you say the same????
No, though I'd stack up my 'pro-life' credentials against yours any day. I've been a public health nurse. I've seen a lot. (Just when I think I've seen it all, I see something else.) I know that sadly, sometimes abortion is the best option. I go for safe, legal and rare.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:42 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,536,888 times
Quote:
That's just a bunch of garbage. People who believe a woman has a right to choose what happens to her body are not, by default, "Pro-Abortion" -- in fact, many aren't in favor of abortion at all. Pro-Choice and Pro-Abortion are not synonyms.

But the opposite of Pro-Choice is not Pro-Life, as the implication is that Pro-Choice advocates are somehow Anti-Life, which is utterly absurd. None of us are Anti-Life any more than we're Pro-Abortion.

I'd have more respect for your side if you'd quit trying to characterize all of us as murderers who are "pro/for killing babies." When you demonize your opponents from the start, there can never be a reasonable discussion.
Well said. These preceding statements just reinforce the fact that most anti-choice supporters fail to understand exactly what "Pro-choice" means. Pro-choice means the woman makes the decision, whether the decision is keeping the baby, putting the baby up for adoption, or abortion. Many pro-choice supporters would not have an abortion themselves, but understand the need to keep it safe and legal for others.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:44 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,423,886 times
Quote:

Wow. Forced female servitude now that's a new one on me from the left! lol!
Who is forcing women to have sex???? Last time I checked it was a choice. Do these women your speaking of not know that sexual intercourse may result in pregnancy or do they not use birth control??
Oh, that's right they use abortion as brith control. Very irresponsible, as well as archaic!
Even birth control used properly can fail.

And not every female who ends up pregnant had a choice about "having sex". Some were forcibly raped by strangers and some were raped by a family member. Some are even too young to know and understand the use of birth control or even how pregnancy occurs.

But sure, keep characterizing females as irresponsible sluts. It makes your argument so much better.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Well said. These preceding statements just reinforce the fact that most anti-choice supporters fail to understand exactly what "Pro-choice" means.legal for others.
Yeah right! That's the problem. "We" don't understand what Pro Choice means! lol! If it makes you feel better.

The real problem is that alot of the preceding posters fail to understand that pro choice= pro using abortion to terminate life. Being OK with murdering the unborn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.