Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 06:20 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post

You can speak for you and your life only.
Other vets, me included, agree with the OPs sentiments.
And again, it's no big deal that any of us are vets. It's all about choices.

well, thi vet does not agree with the OP's statements. if he did not like the choices being made by his superior officer appointed over him, then he should have never said the oath.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:28 AM

587 posts, read 1,466,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcoyoteloco View Post
Well, this is great. My post, which was intended for non-Americans, has been moved to this, yet another cesspool of Americans screaming at each other because we've forgotten how to work together.

I'll leave you to it.
Seriously, what did you expect from posting on here.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:38 AM

2,319 posts, read 4,803,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Guitar View Post
These abolitionists, rights advocates, and what have you at least had a great sense of sovereignty or pride. My fear is that much of the political correctness and liberal bombardment are ideas aimed to dismantle national pride and sovereignty. Thus, leaving the entire population at the mercy of some elitist globalists. Although the United States is not the only nation undergoing such attack, this country is the one undergoing the hardest attack on national pride. There is a reason why once upon a time, people from every nation wanted to come here. They (Globalists) have a done a great job at changing the paradigm.
Ed, don't you think that the anti-abolitionists, the anti-rights advocates, and anti-what have yous argued the very same point? The opponents to these people didn't think they had "a great sense of sovereignty or pride". That's my point. One side looks at the other and says, "You're trying to destroy this country." This is a very old fight.

I am, presently, unsure where I stand on globalization. It doesn't seem to matter, however, because globalization has been a reality for decades.

You say that the US is the country undergoing the hardest attack on national pride. I wish you would qualify that. What are you referring to?

I think it would be false to say that people from all over the world don't want to come to the U.S. Although, I do see a similar standard in Europe and Japan, and I see developing countries like China and India improving the overall standard of living. Therefore, perhaps, fewer people need to or want to immigrate. I don't see this as a negative.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:18 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodymiami View Post
i dont even know why you quoted my sentences, your answer doesn't even make sense, not once did i mention the USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodymiami
actions from France and Britain from the late 1800's to 1900's have caused most of the world conflict we see today, for example what France did to Germany after ww1, helped cause ww2 and Hitlers rise to power

^^ Germany had troops in afghan since the start of the war, they just recently pulled out..
You're blaming France & Britain for the world conflict we see today, are you not?
I'm saying that' has nothing to do with our involvement in problems of our making.
The US chooses to act on its own.
Our actions cannot be blamed on the actions of other countries a long time ago.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:23 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkdrinker View Post
i'm from europe and i don't know when us offended us? I would never apologize for none of those things if i was an american because there is no reason to.
amen!

Old 09-13-2010, 09:16 AM

720 posts, read 691,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I as an American do not feel the need to apologize for what this country has done. President Bush did the right thing standing up to islamic extremists. The wars in Iraq and Afganistan were something I thought needed to be done. (although more troops should have been sent right from the start) The dictators of those nations were a threat to us, and after 9-11 we could not tolerate that. I do not care what Europeans thought of how we decided to react to the attack on our land. THey have the right to oppose us, and we have the right to ignore thier protests. As an American I am however thankful to those nations that did assist us like Britain, Poland, and Austraila. I strongly believe that we owe no one in the muslim world any apology for what was done to thier nations as a result of the war. A great many over there supported the attacks on 9-11. Afganistan hosted the terrorists, Iraq also supported them in a lesser way. US troops in Iraq found propeganda supporting the 9-11 attacks, they found terrorist training centers and some chemical weapons. If they suffered because of the defeat they were delt so be it. I feel no more sorry for them then I do the Japanese who lived with the consequences of defeat in 1945. This suffering they (arabs) experienced will help to deter them from attacking the United States again. I am not sorry, in fact I am proud of our military for what they accomplished. Liberals may be sorry for America, obama may be sorry for America but I NEVER will be. God bless the USA.
I could not have said it better. Great post!

Old 09-13-2010, 09:26 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
I am curious why Congress hasn't bothered to declare war, despite all the unWars since 1945?

Aren't you curious?

Perhaps it is the same reason why they enact bills that they don't read nor comprehend.
Intentional charade.

Charady facade.

Question is - whose intent?

Must be the "wise ones".

Old 09-13-2010, 09:37 AM

202 posts, read 568,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal is a mess View Post
Seriously, what did you expect from posting on here.
If you had been paying attention, you would have clearly seen that I didn't post here. It was moved here from the World forum.

But I'm not surprised that you got it wrong, since this board is all about talking, not listening.

Something else most of you got wrong is that I was trying to speak for all Americans and/or veterans. I never said that. I speak only for myself.

That's all I have to say. Feel free to continue throwing feces at one another.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:33 AM

293 posts, read 720,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermint View Post
Ed, don't you think that the anti-abolitionists, the anti-rights advocates, and anti-what have yous argued the very same point? The opponents to these people didn't think they had "a great sense of sovereignty or pride". That's my point. One side looks at the other and says, "You're trying to destroy this country." This is a very old fight..
No, I don't think they did, at least in the same context we are struggling with this issue of soreignty right now.

Quote:
You say that the US is the country undergoing the hardest attack on national pride. I wish you would qualify that. What are you referring to? ..
The things that the American people are asked to withstand for the sake of global harmony, are things that other nations would not compromise at all. Language, Multicuturalism, Ilegal Immigration etc. In the country I was born, you either speak the language or get out...that's basically the government's attitude toward foreigners. That is just one example. Let alone if you're illegal.

Quote:
I think it would be false to say that people from all over the world don't want to come to the U.S..
To live.....just take a look at the emigration trends in Latin America and the U.S. for example. Until recently, they prefered the U.S. as the main destiny, but as of recent years that trend has changed.

Quote:
Although, I do see a similar standard in Europe and Japan, and I see developing countries like China and India improving the overall standard of living. Therefore, perhaps, fewer people need to or want to immigrate. I don't see this as a negative.

I have to respecfully disagree. The wealth created in India, China, and other "developing economies" are concentrated in a few hands. For the most part, the average citizen continues to suffer massive poverty.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:36 AM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times
I don't think Iraq was the right decision in hindsight, but the truth is, the Iraqi people are better off today than under Saddam Hussein. No I am not saying the war was right or that we should fight "humanitarian" wars but Iraq is better off today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies