Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 02:38 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Have you ever watched anything on Fox News before 5 pm any day? Of course not, other than some clips from places like Media Matters or HuffPo.
Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm not) but isn't Fox and Friends on in the morning, way before 5 am?

News Hounds: Fox and Friends Lie and Spin About Unemployment Under Republicans Vs. Obama
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2010, 02:40 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
I read the article. The court battle was based on ONE case. It sounds like they are covering their donkeys

I'm not condoning lying, but this is one incident
There are thousands of articles on the story.

Fox won the case by saying that they do not have to tell the truth that they are entertainment.

Period.

Old 09-12-2010, 02:41 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
And you guys say FOX is biased but you get your news from Daily Kos!

I watch Fox almost every day.

What channel is Daily Kos on? I've never watched them (or been to their website, if that's what it is).

And I say the bias on Fox is so blatant that you'd have to have suffered from a lobotomy to not notice.

Old 09-12-2010, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
I read the article. The court battle was based on ONE case. It sounds like they are covering their donkeys

I'm not condoning lying, but this is one incident
All it takes is one instance, and then they can do it all they want.

Fox News Boycott » lies

News Hounds: We watch FOX so you don't have to.

Fox's news programs echo its "opinion" shows: Smears, doctored videos, GOP talking points | Media Matters for America

TvNewsLIES.org - No Distractions, No Deceptions, No Diversions, No Delusions!

Just google "Fox news lies" and you'll get a plethora of information.

Old 09-12-2010, 02:45 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You seem to be a loyal follower of the White House website and the main resident of the White House. If the top liberal is afraid of Fox then the rest of you have to be that way and he sure is afraid of them.
TOP LIBERAL>

That's just funny in and of itself. "Hi, I'm Tom, I'm in construction. And you?" "Um, I'm Top Liberal."

"How do you know you're top?"

"LA LA LA CAn't HEAR YOU I"m TOP TOP TOP. "

Runs away screaming, "TOP TOP TOPPITTY TOP TOP!!!"

Old 09-12-2010, 02:46 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
I watch Fox almost every day.

What channel is Daily Kos on? I've never watched them (or been to their website, if that's what it is).

And I say the bias on Fox is so blatant that you'd have to have suffered from a lobotomy to not notice.
It's a far-left internet blog. I mean they don't try and pretend to be balanced! They admit they are a liberal/progressive site!

Old 09-12-2010, 02:56 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,549,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverOne View Post
Cable News Ratings - TV Ratings, Nielsen Ratings, Television Show Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.com

If you just look at the news rating per day then the other news stations are way behind in viewers.......
I watch Fox "news" on occasion for the comic relief. After a long day, I can sit down and laugh my ass off.

Personal shout-out to Glenn Beck... Thanks for the funnies.

Old 09-12-2010, 03:00 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
TOP LIBERAL>

That's just funny in and of itself. "Hi, I'm Tom, I'm in construction. And you?" "Um, I'm Top Liberal."

"How do you know you're top?"

"LA LA LA CAn't HEAR YOU I"m TOP TOP TOP. "

Runs away screaming, "TOP TOP TOPPITTY TOP TOP!!!"
That sounds like a line straight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

You're John Cleese in disguise, aren't you?

Old 09-12-2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
It's a far-left internet blog. I mean they don't try and pretend to be balanced! They admit they are a liberal/progressive site!
Anyone who listens to one news source, or another, because they don't like the "balance" on other programs is severely limiting themselves, and aren't working with an informed decision.

Personally, I take a "trust but verify" approach with most of the news I get, which is why I generally don't believe a lot of what I hear on Fox News. They take sound clips.

For instance,

They showed the other day that President Obama said that taxes would go up next year.

While he did say this, the whole thing of what he said was

YouTube - The intentionally misleading "news' from Fox News doesn't really get more obvious than this...

Watch it, learn it, know it.

Old 09-12-2010, 03:05 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
I watch Fox "news" on occasion for the comic relief. After a long day, I can sit down and laugh my ass off.ies.
Yeah, I watch MSNBC, read Daily Kos, Huffington Post et al for the same reason. Comic relief!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies