Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 07:28 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,034 times

Advertisements

FT.com / US / Politics & Foreign policy - Republican leader hints at tax concession

The White House has argued for only extending cuts for households with an income of less than $250,000 .

Less than 250 is not rich ? Bush tax cuts were for regular people ?
The extra 500 per child deduction was his also , and now it will be gone ?

Wow its seems like I was lied to .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 08:01 AM

52,706 posts, read 34,531,096 times
no doubt you're in complete and total shock, having learned this?

Old 09-13-2010, 08:30 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,091,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
FT.com / US / Politics & Foreign policy - Republican leader hints at tax concession

The White House has argued for only extending cuts for households with an income of less than $250,000 .

When the avg. income in the U.S. is $50,233.00 anything over $100,000 is doing more than pretty well. Those making more than $250,000 are less than 2% of ALL households in the U.S.

The administration's proposal will also extend the child deduction tax credit as well.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:43 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,013 times
Yes they lied

[LEFT]How the Expiring Bush Tax Cuts Affect You

Read more: How the Expiring Bush Tax Cuts Affect You - Personal Finance - Taxes - SmartMoney.com How the Expiring Bush Tax Cuts Affect You - Personal Finance - Taxes - SmartMoney.com
[/LEFT]

Old 09-13-2010, 08:47 AM

30,059 posts, read 18,655,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post

Of course they lied. What would you expect of Obama?

The tax rates for EVERYONE will increase in 2011.
Capital gains taxes will increase for EVERYONE.
The marriage penalty will be restored.
Itemized deductions will be limited.
Corporate and small buisness taxes increase.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:40 AM

39,865 posts, read 26,489,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Most people aren't smart enought to understand that the poor got far bigger breaks under the "Bush Tax Cuts" than the rich did. Those in the lowest bracket would see a 50% increase in their taxes (from 10 to 15%). The marriage penalty will be reinstated, it goes on. If these cuts are renewed, they should be renewed for everyone, including the portion of the country that will continue to pay the vast majority of all taxes.

On the other hand, if the expiration of the Bush tax cuts gets some of the 47% of the population that doesn't pay income tax to do so, there may be a silver lining.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:05 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times
Bascailly tax are passed on in the economy no matter what the rate is. It bascailly takes out private wealth and transfers it to governamnt control. We see how good they are at handling moeny;producing jobs and distributing it during this time when they have huge amounts of it. Bascailly their flaw is thnikig that a poorer privte sector will prodcue as much as a growing ;rich one. Never has happened and never will.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:34 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,034 times
I write off my IRA , will that be gone also ?

Old 09-13-2010, 11:37 AM

646 posts, read 393,733 times
politicians don't lie. only "big oil" lies. all politicians are honest hardworking folks.

"I won't raise the taxes on the middle class." BO
"I did not have sexual relations with that woman." BJ, I mean, BC
"Read my lips. No new taxes." GB
"I am not a crook." RN

Old 09-13-2010, 11:47 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,302,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Of course they lied. What would you expect of Obama?

The tax rates for EVERYONE will increase in 2011.
They wont for the normal welfare democrat.

Capital gains taxes will increase for EVERYONE.
Most dems dont even know what that is.

The marriage penalty will be restored.
Then the demonuts will whine later about it.

Itemized deductions will be limited.
Most dem voters do not even know what this is, they think it is where they put in there rental furniture items.

Corporate and small buisness taxes increase.
More job losses and lay offs coming folks, thanks to Obama and the dems!

YES, THE PARTY OF HELL NO IS LYING TO US.

Many businesses grew after the Bush tax cuts went into effect. It helped create tons of jobs and we had 54 consecutive months of job growth.
My business went from being a small business to having up to 27 employees at one time before I sold the business.

The dems are liars. Only their base will fall for such lies.

All the things you posted above will screw over the America people once again if the dems allow this to happen.

Anyone who believes this line of BS should not be allowed to even drive a car.

It is like Nancy saying, lets pass it and then we will see what is it in. Right demwit Nancy, like we can trust you.

Get ready to get screwed people, the working American will be screwed over once again by the real party of Hell No, the demnocrats.

Vote out

TAX AND SPEND CORRUPT LYING DEMS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies