Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 11:40 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times

Advertisements

Id that why liberals are so pordcuive and successful and wealthy. I guess ifd you think Obam's spending is intelliagent ;you can con yourself on anything really.Thye most intelligent in this country are the most wealthy unless you thoink that liberals are just lazy mostly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 11:45 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,305 times
Is Obamas IQ still a big secret?

Old 09-13-2010, 11:48 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Throughout the entire article they use the term Hypothesis, meaning theory, not fact.

Be sure to also read the first comment on the article.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:54 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Liberals voted for 0bama, and they are all scratching their little wooden heads now, and wondering what the hell happened.
Non Liberals still support a joke like Palin. Never mind the fact that the McCain camp thought that her having a reproductive system would sweep him into the White House. Real smart. I actually supported Kucinich during the primaries, a progressive and a brilliant guy. I was hoping that Obama would have at least picked Kucinich for VP because I would have loved to watch Kucinich in a debate with Carobou Barbie. The vast superiority of his intellect would have made Palin evaporate. Yep, definitely an example of I.Q. disparity.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:58 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,616,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
" Liberalism may therefore be evolutionarily novel, and the Hypothesis would predict that more intelligent individuals are more likely than less intelligent individuals to espouse liberalism as a value.

Analyses of large representative samples, from both the United States and the United Kingdom, confirm this prediction. In both countries, more intelligent children are more likely to grow up to be liberals than less intelligent children. For example, among the American sample, those who identify themselves as “very liberal†in early adulthood have a mean childhood IQ of 106.4, whereas those who identify themselves as “very conservative†in early adulthood have a mean childhood IQ of 94.8."

Read the entire article here,
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/201003/why-liberals-are-more-intelligent-conservatives
So what your'e saying, is that liberalism really IS a mental condition?

Old 09-13-2010, 12:00 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”

- Winston Churchill
Of course... Churchill never actually said that.

ETA: There is no record of Churchill ever speaking these words, and it is highly unlikely that he would have because Churchill himself did precisely the opposite. He entered politics as a Conservative and was a Conservative at age 25. He switched to the Liberal Party at age 29 and was still a Liberal at age 40. (He returned to the Conservatives at age 49.) Also, his beloved wife, Clementine, was a life-long Liberal, and Churchill would hardly have delivered such an indirect insult to her.

It should also be remembered that "Liberal" and "Conservative" are the proper names of British political parties and do not translate precisely to the left and right wings of the American political spectrum. That is too long a subject for this space, but it can fairly be said that Churchill's political viewpoint and guiding principles did not change radically, despite his twice switching his allegiance. In Churchill's own view, changes in the party, not in himself, compelled his party switches.

Last edited by HistorianDude; 09-13-2010 at 12:11 PM.. Reason: Clarification

Old 09-13-2010, 12:01 PM

720 posts, read 691,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
So what your'e saying, is that liberalism really IS a mental condition?

Old 09-13-2010, 01:32 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,668,283 times
I am both liberal and conservative, but I am neither a Liberal nor a Conservative.

I find human nature fascinating and have my own studies and hypothesis.

What I've found is that overwhelmingly with self-described Liberals and Conservatives is that Conservatives tend to think and react logically on most things whereas Liberals tend to think and react emotionally on most things.

The inability to think logically creates an inordinate amount of hypocrisy. Liberals tend to be more vocal, more passionate, because they are reacting on emotion and don't have logic to back them up. Evidence is everywhere...for example, debates with self-described Liberals quickly deteriorate into personal attacks to deflect attention from fact. Also, anyone straying from Liberal groupthink is quickly ridiculed and ostracized to make examples of them.

This liberal emotion causes these individuals to have a great deal of personal investment in their beliefs. Their ego structure depends on being right. To admit an error of judgment would destroy their image of themselves. A logical mind is more inclined to consider opposing fact and evidence and to admit errors because s/he doesn't have this personal investment.

Some Liberals and Conservatives are more alike than they know. Much of a Liberal's belief is faith-based although they either don't or can't comprehend it. A Liberal will believe what s/he wants to believe based on emotion and hearsay rather than logic and fact - this is faith. It is the same as a Conservative with faith in a superior being. Neither can support their versions of faith with logic and fact.

Old 09-13-2010, 01:43 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,138,285 times
IQs of children, throw it away, all but worthless. Measuring intelligence is difficult because their are so many facets of it.

Instead, I'll say: All the Liberals I know well learned about the world (and specific issues) first and then chose the party that served those things better. All the Conservatives I know seemed to come out of the womb Republican, and from then on all they want to do is learn what justifies their team's positions.

Maybe this is why Conservative talk radio and FOX News are so popular. Meanwhile NPR and MSNBC are low-rated because Liberals are pulling from a myriad of sources including books.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:08 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
IQs of children, throw it away, all but worthless. Measuring intelligence is difficult because their are so many facets of it.

Instead, I'll say: All the Liberals I know well learned about the world (and specific issues) first and then chose the party that served those things better. All the Conservatives I know seemed to come out of the womb Republican, and from then on all they want to do is learn what justifies their team's positions.

Maybe this is why Conservative talk radio and FOX News are so popular. Meanwhile NPR and MSNBC are low-rated because Liberals are pulling from a myriad of sources including books.
Yep, that's why we have the Tea Party. We ars just a bunch of mindless zombies with no thoughts of our own.

What a crock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies