Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2010, 08:44 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,947,956 times

Advertisements

This discussion is getting sooo redundant. If you want to be an obese, diabetic, high-blood pressure, high-cholesterol, heart disease having idiot just to prove that you will eat what you want, so be it. NO ONE IS STOPPING YOU...NO ONE! Stop working yourselves up over a non-issue. You are free to kill yourself if you want to. You are free to waste tax dollars and coat the pockets of doctors. You are free eat all the Cheetos, Fritos and fried macaroni and cheese (menu item at the Cheesecake Factory) that you want. It's your body, your money and yes your choice...go ahead and pollute it all you want...blow up until you explode. Eat salt until you are brain damaged. Eat french fries until you have a heart attack...Eat sugar until you have a seizure...excuse the first lady for caring and do what makes your heart content, or not. Get over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 09:54 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,945,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
This discussion is getting sooo redundant. If you want to be an obese, diabetic, high-blood pressure, high-cholesterol, heart disease having idiot just to prove that you will eat what you want, so be it. NO ONE IS STOPPING YOU...NO ONE! Stop working yourselves up over a non-issue. You are free to kill yourself if you want to. You are free to waste tax dollars and coat the pockets of doctors. You are free eat all the Cheetos, Fritos and fried macaroni and cheese (menu item at the Cheesecake Factory) that you want. It's your body, your money and yes your choice...go ahead and pollute it all you want...blow up until you explode. Eat salt until you are brain damaged. Eat french fries until you have a heart attack...Eat sugar until you have a seizure...excuse the first lady for caring and do what makes your heart content, or not. Get over it.
So there isn't purposed legislation on sugar content, salt, etc....

What about the "trans fat" movement, you know the bans on it?

You go on about how nobody is here to tell anyone anything and it is such a complete lie it is insulting.

Of course you are telling people what to do. You have your demands, and you will legislate till you get them enforced.

In the mean time, you will run around talking about how "compassionate" you are and "caring" about peoples health, but the fact is all you are is a busy body butting into everyone's business.

Look, I like some of these "fatty foods", I enjoy the taste of a greasy meal every once in a while. I run over 5-8 miles a day and am in good shape.

Do you as well? Maybe I should start a campaign to mandate forced exercise on people? If you can't run 5-8 miles a day, you get a tax increase. Oh, its all because I care though!

Seriously, you aren't fooling anyone. We know what you are doing even if you lack the foresight to see it. We know where this will end up and many of us are smacking our heads at how idiotic people can be in their lust to demand everyone conform to their individual demands.

You're transparent, we see right through you.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:11 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,300,507 times
She is a scam artist fool.

If she was so worried about our intake of salt then why did she collect a 51k paycheck every year for sitting on a board of a food company that sold salty, greasy foods to fast food joints?

The flip flopping fool is trying to scam us into thinking she cares.

They need to find something for her to do, if this is all she can handle what will she do when she has to go back to Chicago in a 1 1/2?

She failed as an attorney, she failed as a hospital admin by refusing to treat patients who did not have HC and now she is failing as the 1st lady.

Pretty bad they have to have her go on a salt war to find the racist something to do.

Maybe she will go on vaca again and will forget she even talked about salt.

Does anyone know if she is still collecting 51k for sitting on the board of that fast food company supplier?

You know, the one that salts down all the food.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:16 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,527,643 times
She has gained a substantial amount of weight since the campaign. She is quite a large woman. In this photo she looks quite bloated and heavy. Me thinks she ingests her fair share of salt.
I would hope she would try and practice what she preaches because if she gets much bigger, well. . .

Old 09-15-2010, 11:47 AM

301 posts, read 403,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
I understand the Morton company plans to increase its contributions to the Republican party.
Every fast food chain in the nation also plans to donate.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:53 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,197,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
She has gained a substantial amount of weight since the campaign. She is quite a large woman. In this photo she looks quite bloated and heavy. Me thinks she ingests her fair share of salt.
I would hope she would try and practice what she preaches because if she gets much bigger, well. . .
She is over 6 feet tall , just guessing I would say she is just under 200lbs . Give me a break , get off my food.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:54 AM

Shelle has obviously been indulging in fast food lately herself. I know her platform is waging war on obesity but does this include a personal war or has she given up?

Old 09-15-2010, 12:46 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,365,792 times
Tee hee hee!

Dang, I can't find my Sir Mix a Lot CD.....

Old 09-15-2010, 12:50 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,131,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Why does everyone keep going on and on and on about Michelle supposedly wanting to regulate salt?

Did ANYONE read her speech?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Beuler?

Anyone?

I've posted a link to it two times in this thread already, so there's really no excuse.

Here is EVERY SINGLE REFERENCE TO SALT in the ENTIRE speech:
"After all, we as humans, we are programmed to crave sugary, fatty, salty foods. And as people who work to meet those needs, I know it’s tempting to respond by creating products that are sweeter, richer and saltier than ever before."

. . .

"That’s why I want to challenge every restaurant to offer healthy menu options and then provide them up front so that parents don’t have to hunt around and read the small print to find an appropriately sized portion that doesn’t contain levels -- high levels of fat, salt and sugar."

. . .

"As part of “Let’s Move,” we’re setting a goal of doubling the number of schools that participate in the Healthier US Schools Challenge by next year. And we’re working with schools and food suppliers to offer more fruits and vegetables and to cut down on that fat, sugar and salt."
That's IT.

She mentioned salt only 4 times, and every time in conjunction with fat and sugar. How on earth did salt become the focus of this supposed "nanny state restriction"????

Could it be we have a bunch of lazy people who can't be arsed to read a link for yourselves, but rely on bloggers to read and misinterpret it for you? And then you turn into the Energizer Bunny of Lie Spreading and keep going and going and going and going with the absurd misrepresentation!

It's really quite stunning. Talk about sheep!
Basic nutrition, which is what Michelle is speaking to. She is lecturing restaurants to make "healthy food", as if they are making junk food. she is assuming restaurants are serving fatty, sodium and sugary foods without offering any options, and she assumes we the people are too stupid to buy a book on nutrition and make our own decisions.

Every restaurant I have been to has a huge menu with maybe main dishes, which come with many side dish options, from salads, fresh or steamed vegetables, soup, rice, potatoes, etc... They have low sodium versions, options for whole wheat pasta, etc...

Here is a local Chinese food restaurant which people would view as high sodium, but they offer a complete menu selection for low sodium and low sugar.

China Wok - Menu Items - Campusfood.com

But just like these busy-bodies "asked" restaurants and bar to have non-smoking sections, they eventually passed a law and took away the choices for people to smoke, or not smoke.

Just like her husband, Michelle is focusing on mundane topics and doing nothing to address the economy, jobs and our failing schools.

Last edited by Wapasha; 09-15-2010 at 01:02 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 09-15-2010, 12:55 PM

Maybe we should give Shelle a break. I mean every first lady has to have a platform and maybe she was fumbling around and having a hard time coming up with one becoming of her. Maybe she stumbled upon this one and now she is having a hard time with it. A hard time controllilng her own weight. Must be a bit embarrassing. No more late night trips to the Mickey D's Window. lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies