Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 10:03 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The issue is the suggestion becomes a mandate, the FDA is going after this. The one article I read cited the FDA chief saying regulations of salt contained in pre packaged food in 10 years.

Whether salt is good, bad or neutral is irrelevant, it's the principle that matters and government regulation of something as basic as salt is ridiculous.
But overindulgence in that basic thing kills thousands each year. Invest in spice distributors
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 10:07 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by independentsucka View Post
I don't understand what there is to be jealous of her other than money. and I'm not sure who told you that. it certainly wasn't me. she disturbs me as well.
See below, from just page 1 of a search:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
IMO and experience, I applaud Sarah Palin for her "GUTS" in standing up, ignoring the ignorant and being honest and forthright in her support of our Constitution. She fully understands the difference between Federal, State and individual rights guaranteed by our Constitution.

I've been around long enough and had to deal with women in positions of power from organizations to corporations/business to political and I know there are very few women capable of shedding the "genetically-inherited" female thinking/actions in order to function in positions of power. Sarah is one of them. Margaret Thatcher is another, as is Queen Elizabeth II. Hillary Clinton is NOT!

Yes, she scares the bejeezes out of most politicians and has most of the female population (especially the Women's Lib segment) scared to death. In women it is usually jealously!
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Couric and all the women anchors must have been pea green with jealousy. It sure showed. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Women get jealous easily
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Do you actually listen to yourself?

Yes, I know the OP was made in a jealous rage, that Bristol was making $30,000 an hour, while the OP envies her talent to be able to pull that kind of money, while the putt along at their go nowhere job. Why would they care, if not jealous. What if she was doing it for free, would this even be a topic?

I believe she had the right to an abortion. It is her body.
Was she locked in a room and forced to have the kid? You make me laugh!
What makes you think she was prevented? A hunch? Crystal Ball? Smoke & Mirrors? Or just the end justifies the means?

Then there it is, the real agenda.. Hatred for Sarah Palin, when the subject is Bristol making $30,000. Bingo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Unlike you, which you seem to be a medicated lib, I can see jealously from just trolling. It is one of those, "who cares" posts. The only reason it got under their skin, that the daughter of none other than, Sarah Palin is pulling $30,000 an hour, while they squander in their go nowhere, government job. Where someone has always been their boss and someone else has always set their destiny for them... Ya, jealousy.

Unlike you, which you seem to be a medicated lib, I can see hate from just trolling. You seem to hate me for pointing out and exposing the obvious to the OP's post. Why all the hate towards me, because I don't support your jealous rage?
This has been an onging theme for the past two years!

Old 09-14-2010, 10:09 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
and once the feds control health care, a whole lot more changes will be made to what we eat, what we can purchase, how we engage in recreation, and how we live our lives. you know, banning anything beyond 1% milk or 1% beer and 10% scotch, would make us all healthier too.

Whatever happened to the concept of freedom of choice? I thought the libs were all about free choice, its my body.
It's your body, but only when you want an abortion do you have a choice.

You may be correct. 1% across the board sounds healthy. Not tasty, but certainly healthy. Smaller portions in restaurants? Some are small enough already for what they cost! Any smaller, and business will surely fall off, or menu prices have to come down, which means the business has lower revenues, maybe can't pay its bills and salaires, has to let people go or eventually close its doors. More unemployed, more on welfare, more in the voting base. Cool. There IS a method to her madness.

Laura Bush taught people to read. Let them read the labels and choose products that have a lower salt content. Educate, not mandate, Ms. Lady Michelle.

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
But overindulgence in that basic thing kills thousands each year. Invest in spice distributors
What I need to invest in is some politicians that aren't going to punish me for the bad choices other people make.

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
See below, from just page 1 of a search:

This has been an onging theme for the past two years!
Don't forget, we're afraid of her, too.

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
This is just another way of telling us Obama's health care plan won't cover hypertension. First we wanted to know, what's in the health care plan, now we are learning what is not in the health care plan.

Old 09-14-2010, 10:10 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
anything is bad for you if overdone. Salt is our only natural source of iodine. It is a needed part of your diet. It is PART of our bodies for crying out loud!
Exactly! And it is "table salt" commonly used that is the problem. It is chemically stripped of all of its minerals other than chloride and sodium. Sea salt is unrefined. We use Redmond's all natural sea salt. It has 50+ trace minerals including iodine.

I read somewhere that the tests done to evaluate high blood pressure with salt intake should have been also tested using natural sea salt.

And I can't take her seriously after her "fake" White House garden. That was so lame of her. LOL!

Old 09-14-2010, 10:10 AM

507 posts, read 678,506 times
I actually don't my having the nutrition content available for diners so they can make healthier choices when eating out. I read somewhere that certain meals at the Cheesecake Factory contain around 2,000 calories. That's ridiculous, and most diners would never expect the calorie count for any meal to be that high. I know that NYC already does this, and I have chosen foods based on calorie count on several occasions there.

This is all about choice. When I'm eating out, I would like to be able to choose something that has lower sodium and calories, but if I want to eat curly fries loaded with salt from time to time, let me do that too. I don't think it's a bad idea to ask restaurants to consider making healthier choices available. I don't think they should be forced to do that though.

Old 09-14-2010, 10:11 AM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I think it is truly sad how some people attempt to distort the truth and attempt to make something done with good intentions look like an evil ploy to control the world. She is not trying to ban anything, she is just urging restaurants to serve more health menu choices. There is nothing wrong with that.

From the article in the OP:

What is so bad about this? Nevermind...some of you will cut off your nose to spite your face. If the Laura Bush said it, it wouldn't have been a problem.
We already have politicians making these sort of ideas into law, Michelle just wants to do her part to help implement more of these types of laws. It's in the nature of these people to force their will on others, on even the most benign things.

Michelle may lack the actual power to make it a mandate or law, but she is using what power she does have to promote it, and she does have influence over the president of the United States. Or do you think she is advocating it, but does not want to see it actually become implemented?

Old 09-14-2010, 10:12 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
How does Michelle know how much salt is even added to these meals she wants changed? She doesn't, she just wants to put her nose in where it doesn't belong.
Trans Fat and Menu Labeling Legislation
Federal Health Reform and Nutrition Labeling of Standard Menu Items at Chain Restaurants

Trans Fat and Menu Labeling Legislation

Are you that isolated?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies