Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2010, 12:13 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,595,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
And just where is your proof that the coal plant caused the condition? A friend of mine has a son with the Aspergers and he doesn't live anywhere near ANY type of power plant or other pollution. Sometimes it is just the luck of the draw and NOT someone elses fault. Sorry to hear about your son, but I see that is where you are getting your overwhelming emotions about energy from. Making decisions on pure emotion is not a very wise idea.
Did she eat fish while she was pregnant?

What You Need to Know About Mercury in Fish and Shellfish
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 12:14 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
". We already know how to build an electric car.
and there is NOTHING "green" about the electric car

Old 09-14-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and there is NOTHING "green" about the electric car
Then tell me what YOUR ideas are for a Green Economy?

Old 09-14-2010, 12:18 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Quote:
And how long do you want to "transition". We already know how to build an electric car.
As long as it takes to get a viable renewable. Another thing to take notice about is the lack of seriousness in the electric car. That thing is not serious about anything. It is all about appealing to the wealthy fad lovers. That all that is, a fad right now that car makers are trying to make a ton of profit on. Why do I say this? It's very, very simple. First off, if they wanted people to really drive these things, they wouldn't cost so much. Secondly, you can tell that they want to gouge you with the recharging of it. Why do I say that? Another easy one,,,, why isn't there a solar panel on the roof that charges the battery while the thing is parked??? Because they want you to HAVE to PAY to recharge it. See, this green thing right now is ALL about making profit off of the emotionally charged greenies who have money, then trying to force the people who can't afford it to adopt it whether it bankrupts them or not, that's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Follow the money, here in America the green movement ALL leads back to Barack Obama and his cronies.

Old 09-14-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
, why isn't there a solar panel on the roof that charges the battery while the thing is parked???...
Excellent idea!

Old 09-14-2010, 12:24 PM

23,866 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
I'm a Mom.
Please stop - you're going to give me nightmares...

Old 09-14-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Did she eat fish while she was pregnant?

What You Need to Know About Mercury in Fish and Shellfish
Don't know. She might have. Again, I'm sorry about your situation and I don't want to sound callous in my remarks, but I was only trying to point out that emotions can clog the common senses. I'm not saying that the coal plant was NOT the culprit, just that there are a ton of other reasons and I'm sure some are completely natural and the luck of the draw. Again, I apologize if I came across as callous, it was not my intentions.

I was really interested in your green economy debate, although we don't see eye-to-eye about how or when we get there, the more important thing is that we need to get there eventually. I'm pretty sure that most, if not all people on this forum would agree to that too. There will always be differences in ideology on how we get somewhere, but there are commonalities on where we need to get to.

Old 09-14-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Excellent idea!
Thanks, it is little things like that that make me think they are not very serious about this and are pulling our purse strings yet again. I do want this issue to be taken seriously so we ALL can benefit from it and not just who can afford to.

Old 09-14-2010, 12:30 PM

Default Will China dominate the green economy?

Will China dominate the green economy? And if they do, should we worry?
China's recent investment in renewable energy technology prompts concerns that China will take over American control of 'the green economy'.
By Matthew E. Kahn, Guest blogger / September 13, 2010
Will China dominate the green economy? And if they do, should we worry? - CSMonitor.com

Old 09-14-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Thanks, it is little things like that that make me think they are not very serious about this and are pulling our purse strings yet again. I do want this issue to be taken seriously so we ALL can benefit from it and not just who can afford to.
ok, I see that YOU are serious and we really need innovative ideas like yours.
Keep bringing them on! And find research articles and videos and post them here please!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies