Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 09:15 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,856,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
The silence from the OP is deafening yet speaks volumes.
Rule #1 for both trolls and arsonists. Light a match, run, and don't ever own up to it.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:18 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,675,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiaroscuro View Post
Where are the conservative voices speaking out against hate? Telling us to be thankful for American freedom, and welcoming of others who want to share those freedoms?

Does the hatred have a common element, perhaps fear, or a natural distrust of others?

How can bile be such a popular elixir for so many Americans?
So what is your topic on what they are not speaking out about? If its immagration then people want the laws enforced as they are written. We do not want them ignored for the benefit of those breakling the law. That is part of dempcoacy ;enforcing the laws passed by our representative elected by the majority.If democrats want it changed then they control what is voted on; let them bring up the reform with amnesty;not just ignore the law on illegals.Knowing a law is being broken and refusing to enforce it is called Offical suppression.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:14 PM

1,009 posts, read 2,208,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Rule #1 for both trolls and arsonists. Light a match, run, and don't ever own up to it.
Jesus, I was at work. Yeah I know, a lib with a job, impossible

Old 09-14-2010, 11:23 PM

1,009 posts, read 2,208,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
Its another sad, failing attempt (where it had worked so many times before) to cast the right as bigots. Its basically guilty until proven innocent. It manifests itself when whites have to prove themselves not racist (and how do you do that, anyway?). See: some of my best friends are white.

The difference is that conservatives are not falling for it anymore, and it has the Left insane with frustration and rage.
No, it was a mockery of conservative straw-man threads without a specific argument or claim, and a test of your detection skills. Some of you passed.

If you realize why the original post is a straw-man (because it paints all conservatives as the same person, assumes that they all have the same emotion, asks questions directed into the air without any reference to a specific individual or organization), you can apply the same discernment to every opinion on the forum.
Quote:
Where are the conservative voices speaking out against hate? Telling us to be thankful for American freedom, and welcoming of others who want to share those freedoms?

Does the hatred have a common element, perhaps fear, or a natural distrust of others?

We've just proven it's well within your ability to recognize that "Why are Muslims such a hateful people?" or "Why are liberals scared of Fox news?" are complete straw-men. There are hundreds of threads that use the same device to create a controversy, and now you know how they work.

Now go forth, and put away your straw men. I expect great things from you.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:30 PM

785 posts, read 618,437 times
Quote:
No, it was a mockery of conservative straw-man threads without a specific argument or claim, and a test of your detection skills. Some of you passed.

If you realize why the original post is a straw-man (because it paints all conservatives as the same person, assumes that they all have the same emotion, asks questions directed into the air without any reference to a specific individual or organization), you can apply the same discernment to every opinion on the forum.

We've just proven it's well within your ability to recognize that "Why are Muslims such a hateful people?" or "Why are liberals scared of Fox news?" are complete straw-men. There are hundreds of threads that use the same device to create a controversy, and now you know how they work.

She likes me...she really really likes me!

Old 09-15-2010, 02:47 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,285,354 times
Quote:

Hate has been used throughout history as a unifier. American Conservatives basically is inclusive to everybody that looks like them, thinks like them, acts like them and worships like them. You don't meet all the criteria they really won't make any effort to make you inclusive in their vision for America.

Old 09-15-2010, 05:35 AM

785 posts, read 618,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Hate has been used throughout history as a unifier. American Conservatives basically is inclusive to everybody that looks like them, thinks like them, acts like them and worships like them. You don't meet all the criteria they really won't make any effort to make you inclusive in their vision for America.
Every single thing the OP said went over your head! From what I gather from you on these forums, that's not a surprise. Go back and re-read the OP's follow up post to comments on the thread.

Old 09-15-2010, 05:40 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,521,086 times
Quote:
No, it was a mockery of conservative straw-man threads without a specific argument or claim, and a test of your detection skills.

This post is a PERFECT example of hate and intolerance. To whom Fellow forum members, conservatives, and pretty much everyone who doesn't see the world the way he does.
Very ironic,

Old 09-15-2010, 05:43 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,015,110 times
Quote:
Jesus, I was at work. Yeah I know, a lib with a job, impossible
No doubt a GOVERNMENT JOB.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:10 AM

37,768 posts, read 40,902,683 times
Quote:

How is asking you to not break our laws, hate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.