Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 11:08 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times

Advertisements

In my experience, the circumstance is driven by a fundamental asymmetry in how the right and left feel about each other.

The left feels that the right is stupid.

The right feels that the left is evil.

Since these are not complementary attributes, it uniquely flavors the rhetoric from each.

Liberals tend to be smug and condescending in their debate.

Conservatives tend to be hateful and intolerant in theirs

Old 09-15-2010, 11:09 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
Oh, please, put back your "let's make a mockery out of the OP" card, anyone who has lived in America for the last quarter of a century (which I have) knows that "Hate Americans Who are Not Like Me" has been alive and well on radio and TV through outlets like Rush Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, Fox News, etc., although I give the prize to Limbaugh. I remember when he was picking on Hillary Clinton during Bill Clinton's first term for no other reason than the fact that she was a president's wife who actually tried to do something, rather than sit in the background and "stand by her man." He was picking on her maiden name of "Rodham" and spelling it out, and talking about it over and over again. What a child he is. Too bad that his parents didn't teach him better manners than that. He's the grand-daddy of hate so don't pretend that "Hate America" hasn't been alive and well. Look at the ratings of Faux News and that should be proof enough.
Liberals are the hate anyone not like me poster children. You people look down your nose at anyone that thinks different than you people. You people call black conservatives race traitors and Uncle Toms. You guys send out your union thugs to harass people, beat them up and bite fingers off. Who owns the hate?

Old 09-15-2010, 02:51 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Liberals are the hate anyone not like me poster children. You people look down your nose at anyone that thinks different than you people. You people call black conservatives race traitors and Uncle Toms. You guys send out your union thugs to harass people, beat them up and bite fingers off. Who owns the hate?
Really, I'm neither. But which group wants to go overseas and kill people? If that isn't the ultimate expression of hate, I can't say what is.

Old 09-15-2010, 03:11 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
And liberals accept white Christian heterosexual males as long as they understand they are responsible for all racism, sexism, homophobia, poverty, crime, wars, genocide and hate in general. Oh, and they have to be sorry they are white Christian heterosexual males and apologize for their race, religion, gender and sexual orientation at all times! If they do all that and adhere to all things PC to include the ever changing leftist PC speech code, they'll be "one of the good ones".
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Be sure to let us know when accepting liberals no longer consider black conservatives "Uncle Toms".

As soon as Black American Conservatives stop endorsing people who have no respect, consideration, or regard for the history and culture of Black Americans in the name of the almighty dollar they will stop being criticized by many Black Americans.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:34 AM

3 posts, read 3,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
In my experience, the circumstance is driven by a fundamental asymmetry in how the right and left feel about each other.

The left feels that the right is stupid.

The right feels that the left is evil.

Since these are not complementary attributes, it uniquely flavors the rhetoric from each.

Liberals tend to be smug and condescending in their debate.

Conservatives tend to be hateful and intolerant in theirs
You have a few things wrong.
The left thinks the right is stupid and evil.
The right thinks the left misguided.
Hate and intolerance?
Judging by the level of anger and total aversion to finding common ground
or compromise, again you attribute left behavior to the right.
Conservatives are sometimes frustrated or angry in their responces but never approach the level of their accusers.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:37 AM

170 posts, read 533,262 times
The OP's post doesnt even make any sense.

Im still trying to figure out what the hell your talking about..

Old 11-24-2010, 10:39 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,728,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiaroscuro View Post
Where are the conservative voices speaking out against hate? Telling us to be thankful for American freedom, and welcoming of others who want to share those freedoms?

Does the hatred have a common element, perhaps fear, or a natural distrust of others?

How can bile be such a popular elixir for so many Americans?

You have to define "hate". If I like vanilla ice cream, it does not mean that I hate all other flavors.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:42 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Where are the conservative voices speaking out against hate? Telling us to be thankful for American freedom, and welcoming of others who want to share those freedoms?

Does the hatred have a common element, perhaps fear, or a natural distrust of others?

Read up on right wing authoritariansism and you'll find the answers to your query.

Right-wing authoritarianism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-24-2010, 10:44 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,616,340 times
Quote:

What exactly do we "hate"?

And have you actually WATCHED msnbc at all in the last decade?

Old 11-24-2010, 11:03 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
What exactly do we "hate"?
Gosh, I dunno...

hatred or "patriotism"?

Quote:
And have you actually WATCHED msnbc at all in the last decade?
I watch both MSNBC and Fox almost daily. I used to like O'Reilly, but then he got the idea to make his show all about him instead of about issues. MSNBC is much better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies