Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 12:21 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times

Advertisements

Steele pledges to help O'Donnell

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Steele pledges to help O’Donnell « - Blogs from CNN.com

Seems the RNC has got the picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 12:53 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
The cash is pouring in;

Christine O'Donnell for U.S. Senate — Fighting For The First State

Old 09-15-2010, 03:40 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
CASH POURS IN FOR O'DONNELL; $500,000 IN ONE DAY

And still going

Old 09-15-2010, 03:47 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
How the hell did Sarah Palin slither into the tea party? Many of the things she supported/supports were once criticized by the tea party activists who have choice criticism for both main parties.

She towed many the current Republican stances, like continuing a war on terror as has been, quits her role as governor for personal interests, which she swore a oath to and now is a leader of the tea party?

I voted for people like Ron Paul and many ideals of the tea party because of Republicans like her and Bush and now she and Republicans who once criticized Libertarians are associating themselves with it?

Old 09-15-2010, 05:30 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
How the hell did Sarah Palin slither into the tea party? Many of the things she supported/supports were once criticized by the tea party activists who have choice criticism for both main parties.

She towed many the current Republican stances, like continuing a war on terror as has been, quits her role as governor for personal interests, which she swore a oath to and now is a leader of the tea party?

I voted for people like Ron Paul and many ideals of the tea party because of Republicans like her and Bush and now she and Republicans who once criticized Libertarians are associating themselves with it?
Sarah has never been the leader of the Tea Party. No one is the leader, it's just a group of good, average citizens who love their country and hate to see it being destroyed.
If you really love your country and what is used to stand for before Obama, you would be standing with the TP and working to save this country from the WH corruption..
You're either for us, or against us... Still time for you to learn and joing the fight..

Old 09-15-2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Sarah has never been the leader of the Tea Party. No one is the leader, it's just a group of good, average citizens who love their country and hate to see it being destroyed.
If you really love your country and what is used to stand for before Obama, you would be standing with the TP and working to save this country from the WH corruption..
You're either for us, or against us... Still time for you to learn and joing the fight..

Oh no no no......

"either for us or against" How wonderful. And certain prominent politicians hardly being good average citizens like Palin only now align themselves with the tea party movement after they loose elections, when practices of many Republicans recently are just as wrong as the Democrats. Yet like what you are saying above, now that Democrats are in power the tea party is being used by Republican loyalists to bash Democrats only.

While there are issues I agree with that tea party is bringing out in debate, it ain't just them Democrats that are the problem. If you all are going to make the tea party some political tool to bash only Democrats while painting yourselves as goody two shoes of liberty and America then I just have to part ways from the seemingly hijacked tea party movement.

See it isn't just you or them, it is you and them.

Last edited by lionking; 09-15-2010 at 06:03 PM..

Old 09-15-2010, 06:10 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,028,546 times
Sarah Palin and the Tea party? what are you talking about? the TeaParty is a grassroot American movement in wich all are welcome including Sarah Palin it is not her gig it is ours, and the checkbooks are wide open by the way

Old 09-15-2010, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Sarah Palin and the Tea party? what are you talking about? the TeaParty is a grassroot American movement in wich all are welcome including Sarah Palin it is not her gig it is ours, and the checkbooks are wide open by the way

Maybe, but guess what? A lot of people see her as being the leader or at least spokesperson for it now. A lot of people see the tea party as the Republican party now, including me more and more. The tea party movement that started while Bush was still in office, the movement unhappy about what Republicans were doing the last 8 years besides Democrats. Republicans scoffed and laughed at the likes of people like Ron Paul, and now that they lost the elections want to use the tea party as a tool to bash Democrats.

look at the post above. "Save the country from the Democrats". If that is what is becoming the common mindset of tea party people, than obviously it has become a partisan movement that forgets that Republicans are all for spending endlessly and bailing out certain entities with redistribution of wealth only in their case the ultra super duper rich beyond rich. Not to mention continuing a war on "terror" by using propaganda to create a boogieman enemy that if we don't spend spend spend on war and spend American lives those "boogiemen" will take over America and the world. Oh wait, they use the excuse that the military is in the constitution and supporting war is the patriot thing to do

Plenty of reasons to criticize Democrats, but try criticizing why American companies sell out fellow Americans to profit by cheap labor instead of profiting by genuine ways like competition and bettering their product or service. Try criticizing why a billion dollar industry headed by a CEO making millions a year gets richer by increasing premiums on everyday Americans making the everyday Americans budget even harder in hard times, talking about health care. That isn't being the land of opportunity, it is being the land that alllows the "opportunist". And try criticizing who supports them doing that, which is not only Democrats but many Republicans as well.

No instead a lot will stick to being duped by their side telling how the other side is evil and out to destroy America and smile to the usual buzzwords like "family values" and "I promise" and "humble policy" and "change" spouted by politicians.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:00 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,028,546 times
sorry but I am a tea party member and attend events in 2 states Co and NM san I can assure you Sarah is not our spokesperson and it is not the republican party either,obviously you did'nt see last nites primary results.the rest of your post is a whole nother thread . gov and business are too greedy the party of affiliation dont matter. hence the birth of the Tea Party. repubs dems and indy's all are welcome

Old 09-15-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
sorry but I am a tea party member and attend events in 2 states Co and NM san I can assure you Sarah is not our spokesperson and it is not the republican party either,obviously you did'nt see last nites primary results.the rest of your post is a whole nother thread . gov and business are too greedy the party of affiliation dont matter. hence the birth of the Tea Party. repubs dems and indy's all are welcome

Then set people like Donn straight and fire who is handling the public media and relations for the tea party because I can tell you more people are seeing tea party members as disgruntled Republicans more interested in attacking Democrats and getting Republicans back in power than attacking problems in America as a whole. I see it on other forums not always based on politics and a good portion think that is what the tea party is about. The RNC might not support certain people the tea party does, but some candidates supported by the tea party don't seem so different in the end.

Sarah Palin nd McCain are part of the Republican party associated with Bush, she will taint the tea party, plus she isn't even able to talk smoothly or intelligently. If you allow her and people in the tea party that will only grunt about what "Obama is doing", you are going to have the tea party seen as a tool for partisan Republicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies