Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should USA invade Iran..?
YES,enough evidence exists so that we take preemptive military action 7 11.67%
YES,CONDITIONALLY,if more evidence on the malice of that regime surface 3 5.00%
NO,measures first,military action should be the last option 23 38.33%
NOT AT ALL,only non military measures,under all circumstances... 27 45.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 11:30 AM

16 posts, read 12,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I don't even think this option is on the table.
After the debacle already created by the chicken hawks I don't think we even have a table.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 11:32 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Lobbing a few well-placed missiles is one thing but an an all-out invasion/occupation ain't a good idea.
Even lobbing a few missiles is not a good idea. That is why Bush/Cheney didn't do it and that is why Obama will not do it.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:34 AM

604 posts, read 750,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wenge2ful View Post
It is important to know the feelings of the Americans on this crucial issue.

We should be rational & not sentimental,not "waiting "a new 9/11 to motivate us against islamofascism...

So,you can vote your preference...

If more continues, then YES, but we've got some options

Invade as liberators freeing the people, become a moral nation again, instead of this crap we've been letting happen, we're like Rome atm, letting anything happen because we can do whatever we want, becoming content etc.

Invade as "conquerors" free the people, take over the country/annex it, and move onto Iraq, Saudi, the rest of the Middle East, we're completely broke, need money, so take their's--be like Sparta, war is our way of life, conquer the world, then we don't need money--woo?

Just saying, no matter what we do, our country needs direction, instead of what we've got right now...

Old 09-15-2010, 11:36 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
It is important to know the feelings of the Americans on this crucial issue.

We should be rational & not sentimental,not "waiting "a new 9/11 to motivate us against islamofascism...

So,you can vote your preference...

Hell no. Well, unless we want to be there for the next 10 years, and pay to rebuild the country.

Last edited by carterstamp; 09-15-2010 at 11:50 AM..

Old 09-15-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Well,we have the money because...we are the moneymakers...

We just spend 700bn,as if it was peanuts...

It is true that the "public sentiment " is introvert right now,people cannot focus on foreigh enemies...
However,this is a weakness of the American public...

Patriotic politicians should strengthen those weaknesses,not nurture them...

I believe that if Iran comes close to producing enriched uranium,at least an air strike against those nuke installations is nessecary.

A repeat of Libya 1985 air raid.

In the long term,the islamofascist regime is only a cancer getting stronger...

At some point,surgery is unavoidable...

Let Israel fight their own wars for a change. I think if Iran had nukes the whole area would see peace at last. No one would launch a first strike if there were acceptability. If Iraq had nukes Bush would never lied America into war in the first place. Now look at what we have. OBL is hiding in Pakistan and protected by a nation with Nukes. Way to go chicken hawks.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:44 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
I vote no but hey I think the west would turn a blind eye if Isreal went in and did a few airstrikes aganist their nuclear enrichment plants.

I belive the saudi's even said they would let Isreal use their air space for such a strike against Iran

Old 09-15-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
I think it is our duty to overthrow savage barbaric regimes,whether democratically elected or not...

If we don't do it,who will..? The..UN..?

Why aren't we in the Sudan or more killing fields that have been created by those that get to do what they want for profit. If people want to hate look at who is killing whom and where it the real crime. We are in Afghanistan for their precious resources. Nothing to do with anything else.

Can you say Gems?

Old 09-15-2010, 11:49 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Thumbs down Should USA invade Iran & overthrow the ayatollah regime..?

Absolutely not.

The question itself is absurd. Have we learned nothing from the foolish quagmires in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Old 09-15-2010, 11:52 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
I vote no but hey I think the west would turn a blind eye if Isreal went in and did a few airstrikes aganist their nuclear enrichment plants.

I belive the saudi's even said they would let Isreal use their air space for such a strike against Iran
Yep .... and then Iran would close the straits of Hormuz and start lobbing missiles at the Saudi oil fields. In addition, they would start providing arms and logistical support to Al Quaeda and the Taliban as well as taking steps to destabilize Iraq. As a result, the price of oil and gas would go sky high, we would have to send more combat troops to the region and there would be more American deaths.

Ever wonder why nothing has happened to date? Because our leaders are smarter than we give them credit for.

Old 09-15-2010, 12:12 PM

296 posts, read 228,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Yep .... and then Iran would close the straits of Hormuz and start lobbing missiles at the Saudi oil fields. In addition, they would start providing arms and logistical support to Al Quaeda and the Taliban as well as taking steps to destabilize Iraq. As a result, the price of oil and gas would go sky high, we would have to send more combat troops to the region and there would be more American deaths.

Ever wonder why nothing has happened to date? Because our leaders are smarter than we give them credit for.

That's a doomsday theory ...

In reality,if we flex our muscles,the enemy will fear us more...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies