Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should USA invade Iran..?
YES,enough evidence exists so that we take preemptive military action 7 11.67%
YES,CONDITIONALLY,if more evidence on the malice of that regime surface 3 5.00%
NO,measures first,military action should be the last option 23 38.33%
NOT AT ALL,only non military measures,under all circumstances... 27 45.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 03:27 PM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times

Advertisements

The USA should invade only if the Iranian government can invade the USA, and topple the regime there.
Fair is fair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 03:44 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,922,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wenge2ful View Post
There is no international law against savage,barbaric,oppresive regimes,so...anything goes...

If we have the will,as the Superpower of Good to liberate oppressed people,we should do so ,regardless of the reaction of antiamerican majorities in UN...

As for "keyboard warriors ",I would support shifting resources from quantity of arms to better armour & better salaries for the soldiers ...
So, who gets to decide what is a savage, barbaric and oppressive regime? If China decides that we are one of them is it okay for her to attack us?

Not interested in what you support. I want to know when you are going to join the military. I hear the big words, lets see the action now.

Old 09-15-2010, 03:45 PM

296 posts, read 228,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
How can you call Iraq a total success when there is still a high degree of civil unrest, politically motivated and sectarian violence and terrorist attacks, as well as, a government paralyze by internal strife?

The only thing we did was remove a dictator that didn’t pose a military threat to the region.

Iraq is now the region's 2nd democracy,after Israel...

( Iranian "parliament " doesn't count as a democratic institution )...

It is difficult to teach democracy to savages who only knew how to opress & kill each other ...
After all,the muslin culture is against democracy,in favour of dictators empowered by Allah ( "ayatollahs")...

Old 09-15-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Iraq is now the region's 2nd democracy,after Israel...

( Iranian "parliament " doesn't count as a democratic institution )...

It is difficult to teach democracy to savages who only knew how to opress & kill each other ...
After all,the muslin culture is against democracy,in favour of dictators empowered by Allah ( "ayatollahs")...
Does that mean that, after Iran, you want us to invade Saudi Arabia, Syria, Jordan, etc, etc.?

When are you joining the army?

Old 09-15-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Superpower of Good, can't stop laughing, you comedian, you. Where do you get these one-liners? You're hilarious! You should take this act on the road! I'd pay to see your show. Really, I would. Thanks for breaking up the day!

Anyway you cut it,
Korea,Vietnam,Somalia, Bosnia,Kosova, Iraq,Afghanistan,
USA is indeed the Superpower of Good.

As for a show, someone who barks & cries on camera ( Beck ) gets so many spectators.

I don't bark & I don't cry,so my show would be a serious one...

Old 09-15-2010, 03:57 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Anyway you cut it,

As for a show, someone who barks & cries on camera ( Beck ) gets so many spectators.

It's not your barking or crying that I find so amusing. Really. I've enjoyed your posts so much today.

Old 09-15-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Anyway you cut it,

And how many of those have been clear cut successes:

Korea .... only half the country was "saved"

Vietnam ... have done much better since we left

Somalia .... warlords and pirates won that one

Bosnia/Kosovo ... stalemate with no real decision

Iraq .... still very shaky. Could go either way.

Afghanistan .... propping up a corrupt government that bought an election.

We might be the "superpower of good" but we don't seem to be very good at it.

Anyway, when are you joining the military?

Old 09-15-2010, 04:15 PM

Imagine what would have happened to those countries had the USA not intervened ...

It is low class populism to ask silly proofs of patriotism ...

Like asking a pro ss marriage hetero when he will become a homo...

Old 09-15-2010, 04:43 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,636,388 times
There are certainly countries that did not benefit from US intervention. For example, I don't think anyone considers post-Arbenz Guatemala to have been much of a success after we kicked him out.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:47 PM

512 posts, read 1,183,918 times
I'm not American but inviding Iran automatically involves my country, so the answer is NO! Leave them alone and all other countries in that area. You guys may spend money on wars but we need money for development in Poland, our highways are being built so slowly while we finally would like to be considered Western Europe, not Eastern... And we spent A LOT of money on your wars in Iraq and Afghanistan...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies