Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which group has more control over the Republican Party?
Boehner, McConnell, Cantor, Kyl 6 23.08%
Palin, Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity 16 61.54%
Not sure 4 15.38%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 10:57 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,699,815 times

Advertisements

It seems like the Republican Party is not being driven by its actual leaders. It's being driven mostly by media personalities. Is this a good thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 11:31 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,598,786 times
Clearly the pundits have more control ... their "talking points" are prolific on the blogs and forums!

Old 09-15-2010, 11:43 AM

301 posts, read 404,183 times
I have Republican friends who actually have a good grasp on the issues we're facing today, and I have Republican friends who are record players of Beck and Palin. The majority of the party is record players, even some of the elected officials.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:51 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,581,762 times
Default Which group has more control over the Republican Party?

As a now former Republican, it saddens me to see the GOP sink further (and willingly) into the tank of ignorance, anger, and intolerance.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:52 AM

203 posts, read 279,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
As a now former Republican, it saddens me to see the GOP sink further (and willingly) into the tank of ignorance, anger, and intolerance.
That sounds like the Democratic party to me and all the liberals I know: ignorant, angry, and intolerant as well as racist.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:57 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,349,863 times
The right wing media, ultra-right wing "celeb-licans" and their army of tea drinkers have taken over the GOP. What once was a scary thought has become reality.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:08 PM

948 posts, read 1,387,326 times
It kind of depends your choice media influence. If a person relies on a verity of media s/he gets a better perspective of the issues. If you only listen to Limbaugh, Beck, Or Hanity only, you only get the right perspective. Same on the left if you only listen to Ed Schultz, Stephanie Miller or Randi Rhodes you only get their extreme liberal views. I try to stay away from all the extreme commentators like people that I mentioned but will listen if they have a specific topic I'm interested in. All are so demented into their side that they are not an accurate voice to issues. However if a person is open to debate they will listen to multiple media outlets and decided for them selves. A lot of people on both sides if the isle do not do that but the undecided and independent do.
I listen to FOX CNN(HLN) sometimes MSNBC (but it's not offered in my basic cable package). KOA radio in Denver offers a mix of moderate liberal, Conservative and Libertarian views that I find very informative.
Their is bias on both sides and to fall into a well of only one perspective is limiting yourself

Old 09-15-2010, 02:15 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,471,141 times
I do.

I have the most control just as every other voter has.

It's high time people realized the power they have over our elected officials and stop letting them dictate to us!

We elected them, they don't run the show to pander to their special interests - they pander to MY interests! And YOURS!

Old 09-15-2010, 07:22 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,551,516 times
The modern Republican Party is a Party of Extreme Hate against Progressive Ideals.

Without progressive we would not have a 40 hour workweek or child care benefits.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:37 PM

948 posts, read 1,387,326 times
CB the liberal agenda is premoting poeple to stay on welfair Case in point.
The UFW made a half hearted offer to put people to work at normal illegal immigrant jobs to “see what it was like”.
First off the plan is setup to fail. They offer the work but know that the people they are targeting it to make more money on unemployment and would lose more then they would gain.
Second They didn't direct the offer to people in the shelters who are homeless because they new many of them would take the work, and prove people with out any income will do illegal alien jobs. they don't want to replace the illegal’s or get illegal’s legal that would force better working conditions and insurance.
By liberals condoning illegal workers they are affectively keeping welfair recipeants from gaining employment and keeping them on welfare.

Force the unions to use legal labor, offer the jobs at a welfare based employment agencies and at homeless shelters tell the people on the Government dime they have to take the work or no free ride. Supplement the reminder of the pay to equal the normal welfare check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies