Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 01:43 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Aren't you the one who started a poll and thread defending a gay Saudi diplomat wanting assylum in the USA because his life was at risk? Did you call him an Islamophobe? Think not. Your hypocrisy is transparent.
....but, but, but that's different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 01:45 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
School Trip to (http://www.peaceandtolerance.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=129:s chool-trip-to-moderate-mosque-inside-video-captures-kids-bowing-to-allah&catid=7ur-statements&Itemid=39 - broken link)

For the past three years we’ve been sounding the alarm about the radical leadership and Saudi funding of the Boston mega-mosque and the organization that runs it, the Muslim American Society, which has been labeled by Federal prosecutors as “the overt arm of the Muslim Brotherhood in America.”

The Islamic Society of Boston was founded by Abdulrahman Alamoudi, who is currently serving 23 years in jail on terror charges. For years, its board of trustees included Yusuf al Qaradawi, the spiritual leader of the Muslim Brotherhood who was banned by Bill Clinton from the United States in 1999. Qaradawi now chairs the Muslim American Society’s university, which offers classes inside the mosque. Over half the mosque’s $15.5 million price tag was funded by wealthy Saudis and since it opened, several of its leaders, donors and members have been implicated in Islamic extremism.
Details, shmetails. Keep them out of this argument. Any more of this and I'll call you an Islamophobe.

Old 09-17-2010, 01:50 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Moog,

Might want to check out some state stats. These are actually current:

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

The link provides numerous stats.

BTW, anecdote does not equal data.

Last edited by Yac; 10-18-2010 at 07:34 AM..

Old 09-17-2010, 01:57 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Aren't you the one who started a poll and thread defending a gay Saudi diplomat wanting assylum in the USA because his life was at risk? Did you call him an Islamophobe? Think not. Your hypocrisy is transparent.
That doesn't even make sense. Such convoluted thinking. It's incredible, really.

Old 09-17-2010, 02:55 AM

70 posts, read 40,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Moog,

Might want to check out some state stats. These are actually current:

The link provides numerous stats.

BTW, anecdote does not equal data.
I did provide links with data along with a reference to a Boston Globe poll that showed that people who left the state were much happier, but you choose to ignore them. Additionally, you forget to take into account the cost of living with your gdp/capita per data. Gdp/capita with no reference point is meaningless. You are not recognizing purchasing power, but just focusing on income. For instance, Newton, MA is a great place to live. However, median home prices are around $700,000.

You can shrug off my anecdotes all you want, but I was born and raised in MA and lived in quite a few different places. There is a lot of good in MA, but there is a lot of good in other places. It would take a lot to get me to go back there.

You can believe that you poll is correct; that MA is among one of the best places to live. However, it does not explain why people are leaving the state and why it ranks near the bottom at attracting new people to move there. Why would such a wonderful place experience a Mass exodus and have a hard time attracting new citizens?

Quote:
Massachusetts is losing many of its native sons and daughters to other states and is having a harder time attracting transplants than the vast majority of the country. A litany of woes, from taxes to high cost of housing, is driving many residents out of Massachusetts, and the state is struggling to woo others to come here, report says

Massachusetts is the country's ninth worst in attracting residents from other states, the study shows.It ranked 48th in terms of losing residents to other states.
At a loss - The Boston Globe

Last edited by Yac; 10-18-2010 at 07:33 AM..

Old 09-17-2010, 04:05 AM

10,020 posts, read 15,662,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moog666 View Post
lol....thanks for the laugh. I grew up in MA and it far from being financially right.

Socially left? Helmet laws, little to no gambling, no booze on Sundays for awhile, no booze in grocery stores, illegal marijuana, no wind farms since they destroyed Teddy's view, god awful drivers who have no respect for pedestrains and bikers, and some of the biggest a-holes in the country. I guess that is considered socially left nowadays; restrictions and loss of freedoms.

Gays can get married, school officials can talk about fisting, and you go on field trips where you prayed.

I was never brought into a temple of worship for a field trip. We walked on the freedom trail in Boston, visited NYC once, and visited Old Sturbridge Village one too many times.

But...financially right..hahaha. MA is always in debt and its not called Taxachusetts for nothing. When I left, my quality of life increased. I have little to no stress, more economic freedom, and more personal freedoms. I am not the only one who has left that sate and doesn't plan to return. There is a reason MA recently lost population. And a Boston Globe poll found that those who left the state are happy with their choice.
I grew up in Wellesley and went to that school. I find it hard to believe that the parents were told their children were going to be involved in a service. I wold like to know what the teacher knew.

Old 09-17-2010, 05:26 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Wellesley superintendent apologizes for letting students on field trip pray at Islamic mosque - Wellesley, Massachusetts - The Wellesley Townsman

It was a field trip the parents gave permission for. While it's not something I would have done given the current climate in the US, before Youtube this wouldn't have been an issue. So I have to ask myself what the real problem here is.

I guess the real problem is the concept of separation of church and state. Don't the liberals scream about this every time a notation of Christmas appears on public property.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Despite the love of Islam by the liberals, they should probably apply the same rules to everyone so that they do not appear so obvious in thier hatred of Christianity.

Old 09-17-2010, 05:41 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
The beef? If that was a field trip to a church the ACLU would probably be suing the school principal.
Well, who needs the ACLU? The parents should get together, hire a lawyer and sue the school district and the teacher who dreamed up the trip should lose their job. Then, the kids should sue their parents for being jackasses. These are the same people who think red or green icing on cupcakes at Christmas time is wrong.

The brainiac adults (chaperones and teachers, including the mother on the video) who didn't make a peep when it was happening is an example of the PC American public who sits silently because they are afraid of offending someone even when they know it isn't right. And don't think those muslims aren't counting on that.

Last edited by LauraC; 09-17-2010 at 05:52 AM..

Old 09-17-2010, 05:59 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
Quote:
Well,see....that is different.

He is GAY so that makes him special.

Old 09-17-2010, 06:54 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
So, because we never would've known about it 20yrs ago, let's all stick head in sand and ignore. WOW!
Plus, you obviously did NOT watch it, as you posted that less than 5min after I started the thread and the video is over 10min long.

As a Conservative, I have to agree with Ceece here.
Field Trips require a signed parental approval.
My daughters school is pretty specific of the itinerary, on the parent OK form for her field trips.

If it is OK with the parents, who am I to tell them how to raise their kids, or what they want them exposed to????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies