Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Since Obama became President, has the GOP become more conservative?
Yes, more conservative 24 85.71%
No, not more conservative 4 14.29%
Not sure 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 12:01 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The prevailing view among Americans is that the Republican Party has become more conservative since Barack Obama took office, but not necessarily because of the Tea Party movement's influence. Among the 54% who say so, about a third -- representing 19% of all Americans -- think the Tea Party movement is the primary reason for this; the rest believe other factors are at work.
Majority Thinks GOP Has Moved Right Since Obama Took Office

If the GOP has moved further to the right, is that a good thing for the future of the party?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 12:03 AM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times
And a majority of Americans think the economy (and other things) has gone down the toilet since he took office.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:18 AM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times
No its not become more conservative. Just SEEMS more conservative since its so different from Obama, who is so far to the left, along with many members of his Cabinet and Congress, especially Pelosi and Reid.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:20 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
No its not become more conservative. Just SEEMS more conservative since its so different from Obama, who is so far to the left, along with many members of his Cabinet and Congress, especially Pelosi and Reid.
Then why are so many moderate/conservative Republicans being voted out of office in Republican primaries and replaced with even more conservative candidates?

Old 09-17-2010, 12:27 AM

265 posts, read 330,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Come on, let's get real. Incumbent Republicans who were more pragmatic than ideological are being given the boot in these GOP primaries, which have essentially turned into purity tests. When you have some conservatives calling Karl Rove of all people a RINO because he highlights some character issues with O'Donnell, you know there's been a dramatic shift to the far right in the party.

And if Obama is "far to the left," then George Bush was far to the left. I don't think anyone is willing to say that.

Old 09-17-2010, 01:27 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
I love it, I hope super far-right christian extremists get elected and end up controlling Congress. Then maybe people might realize that investing all the power in the hands of a central government, even if it is democratically elected, is stupid.

Grats on supporting the 14th amendment, idiots.

Old 09-17-2010, 04:31 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
The right have gone incredibly far right, almost into a fascist state. This is not a good idea and now we're seeing what is going to happen, in party fighting and whack jobs running for office. Eventually the party will implode leading to years, if not decades of democrat control.

Old 09-17-2010, 04:34 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,504,185 times
So roughly half the people think the Party has gotten more conservative, and about half think it's gotten less conservative. (One has to assume, since it wasn't an option.)

This is news why?

Old 09-17-2010, 04:37 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times
I really cannot vote in this poll, so I will just say what I am seeing. The GOP, I.E. establishment republicans are the same as they always were. The tea party candidates that are running as Republicans are much more far right.

Old 09-17-2010, 04:38 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon704 View Post
Come on, let's get real. Incumbent Republicans who were more pragmatic than ideological are being given the boot in these GOP primaries, which have essentially turned into purity tests. When you have some conservatives calling Karl Rove of all people a RINO because he highlights some character issues with O'Donnell, you know there's been a dramatic shift to the far right in the party.

And if Obama is "far to the left," then George Bush was far to the left. I don't think anyone is willing to say that.
I'll say it. Bush spent like a liberal and grew government, Obama is even worse.
And Obamas ideology stinks like road kill on 100 degree day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies