Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 10:53 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
If you have a heart attack, you will need follow up doctor visits and tests for the rest of your life. The catastrophic part is just one small piece of heart attack care.
Obviously you do not believe in catostrophic coverage. Fine, don't enroll in any. However, do not attempt to have it legislated away from those of us who use it wisely and responsibly.

Fact is that I am able to stash the saving in premiums away to more than cover both my HSA account but also additional funds for LTC insurance and savings for future medical care.

If you want to participate in the nanny state you can do that through the HMO's greatly responsible for the mess our health insurance system is in now. Go, be part of the problem rather than the solution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2010, 10:59 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Obviously you do not believe in catostrophic coverage. Fine, don't enroll in any. However, do not attempt to have it legislated away from those of us who use it wisely and responsibly.

Fact is that I am able to stash the saving in premiums away to more than cover both my HSA account but also additional funds for LTC insurance and savings for future medical care.

If you want to participate in the nanny state you can do that through the HMO's greatly responsible for the mess our health insurance system is in now. Go, be part of the problem rather than the solution.
Logic fail. When did I ever say I didn't believe in catastrophic? The poster asked "what more do I need"? I answered the question, and said catastrophic is a small part of it. Anyone who thinks otherwise does not know much about health care practices.

You may end up shooting yourself in the foot with your self-insurance plan.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:26 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:

I think you need some better documentation that "I think".
LOL, I need documentation to have the opinion that newborns should not be denied insurance?

What possible argument could you give for allowing an insurance company to deny them?

Old 09-20-2010, 01:35 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
2 more nonprofit insurance companies
The big player in Northeast PA is non profit and they are just as ridiculous. Instead of the big profits they use the ratepayers payments like monopoly money giving out grants and other things. The board of directors can even take advantage of a membership for one of the most exclusive golf clubs in the area paid for by the non profit insurance company.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
LOL, I need documentation to have the opinion that newborns should not be denied insurance?

What possible argument could you give for allowing an insurance company to deny them?
It seems I misunderstood that you were giving your opinion. I thought you meant that right now newborns couldn't be denied. Sorry.

I am with you on this one.

Old 09-20-2010, 12:13 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
If you have a heart attack, you will need follow up doctor visits and tests for the rest of your life. The catastrophic part is just one small piece of heart attack care.
Quote:
Logic fail. When did I ever say I didn't believe in catastrophic? The poster asked "what more do I need"? I answered the question, and said catastrophic is a small part of it. Anyone who thinks otherwise does not know much about health care practices.

You may end up shooting yourself in the foot with your self-insurance plan.
you obviously FAIL at reading comprehension. my health care plan would include catastrophic care, with a reasonable deductible, lab tests, and prescription drug coverage. i would pay for doctors visits myself. i have to deal with long term care because of my diabetes and kidney disease now, so i already know what i would need in health insurance coverage. so again, with health insurance taking care of catastrophic coverage, prescription drug coverage, and lab testing, and me taking care of the doctors, again i ask what more do i need?

Old 09-20-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you obviously FAIL at reading comprehension. my health care plan would include catastrophic care, with a reasonable deductible, lab tests, and prescription drug coverage. i would pay for doctors visits myself. i have to deal with long term care because of my diabetes and kidney disease now, so i already know what i would need in health insurance coverage. so again, with health insurance taking care of catastrophic coverage, prescription drug coverage, and lab testing, and me taking care of the doctors, again i ask what more do i need?
I do not fail at reading comprehension (which slam BTW is against the TOS). When you have a heart attack, you do need immediate care in the hospital. This may or may not include by-pass surgery. However, for the rest of your life, you will need follow up outpatient visits, and depending on how your policy is written, they may not even apply to your deductible. If you think you know everything that is going to happen to you, health wise, for the rest of your life, please lend me your crystal ball.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:05 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
As a presidential candidate Huckabee game doesn't travel outside the South. I'd love it of the Republicans decided to nominate him.
Good way to put it....and that's why there's little chance of his nomination.

I'm a conservative (not to be confused with Republican) and thus you and I don't agree very often. But I give credit where it's due and I got a kick out of the way you phrased that.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:09 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
I do not fail at reading comprehension (which slam BTW is against the TOS). When you have a heart attack, you do need immediate care in the hospital. This may or may not include by-pass surgery. However, for the rest of your life, you will need follow up outpatient visits, and depending on how your policy is written, they may not even apply to your deductible. If you think you know everything that is going to happen to you, health wise, for the rest of your life, please lend me your crystal ball.
the outpatient visits are lab tests, which would be covered under the lab test clause of the health insurance contract. so again what else do i need? i have the benefit of a mother who was a registered nurse for more than 50 years. i know what would be needed in dealing with medical conditions. and not only was my mother an RN, my aunt was also an RN, and my mothers best friend is an FNP, and the three doctors i see on a regular basis are more than willing to give me the benefit of their knowledge, as is my cardiologist, who i dont have to see for another year yet(he told me not to come back for two years as my heart and lungs are in fact quite healthy thank you and he doesnt need to see me but every other year). so i ask again, what else do i need other than catastrophic care, lab tests, and prescription drug coverage?

Old 09-20-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the outpatient visits are lab tests, which would be covered under the lab test clause of the health insurance contract. so again what else do i need? i have the benefit of a mother who was a registered nurse for more than 50 years. i know what would be needed in dealing with medical conditions. and not only was my mother an RN, my aunt was also an RN, and my mothers best friend is an FNP, and the three doctors i see on a regular basis are more than willing to give me the benefit of their knowledge, as is my cardiologist, who i dont have to see for another year yet(he told me not to come back for two years as my heart and lungs are in fact quite healthy thank you and he doesnt need to see me but every other year). so i ask again, what else do i need other than catastrophic care, lab tests, and prescription drug coverage?
You need doctor visit coverage. You need general hospitalization coverage. You do however, seem to think you know what all your needs will be until you reach Medicare age, by virtue of your association with these RNs, so far be it from me to tell you you may be shooting yourself in the foot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies