Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 06:54 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times

Advertisements

So, what. If they went away tomorrow how many more people would be out of work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2010, 07:10 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,197,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Already, more jobs have been created under Obama than during the entire 8 years of Bush.
Oh cool . I was looking for some proof of that and have found none . I am sure you have a link to some facts !?
Please post it .

Old 09-18-2010, 09:00 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Thanks for making my point. Just 18% of part time and 58% of full time have health and retirement benefits?

Why is that? Because like thousands of other McJobs it costs them to purchase it and it's too expensive.

When you make $9 per hour $500 per Month seems like allot.
Home Depot Hourly Pay | Glassdoor.com

You are either ignorant, lack of knowledge, or just like to spew garbage.

I know many part time workers at HD. They are retired from other jobs and just want a few days aweek.

They already have medical and turned down HDs offer.

What is your main point? Are you against all part time work?

Or just against business in general?

Old 09-18-2010, 09:18 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
Oh cool . I was looking for some proof of that and have found none . I am sure you have a link to some facts !?
Please post it .

Government does not create private sector jobs. Never has and never will.
The only jobs Government can create are government jobs. To pay for the extra overhead, they have the need to generate more revenue.
Look we and our tax dollars were forced to spend 2 million per government job created in LA Government, in their pork bailout.
Can I have a say here? My vote, is the only say I have.

Old 09-18-2010, 09:51 AM

3,135 posts, read 3,779,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Take the census out of the equation and re-calculate. Show me your link then.

A job created for a duration of one year at taxpayer expense and then that job disappears once the "stimulus" is gone is not a "job created". One may as well give two men a shovel and tell one to dig a hole while the other puts the removed dirt right back in it.

Couldn't Rep Ya, but you are 100% correct

Old 09-18-2010, 12:13 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
So, what. If they went away tomorrow how many more people would be out of work?
Approximately 322,000....

Old 09-18-2010, 12:18 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
How could they? He has filled his administration with "tenured" academics who have never met a payroll in their life.

YouTube - Home Depot CEO: Out Of Touch Obama Administration All Tenured w/ Lifelong Insurance

YouTube - Home Depot CEO: Obama Portrays Businesses As "Monsters & Villians"

People who create JOBS are not villians or monsters, which is what obama has portrayed them to be.

YouTube - Home Depot CEO: The King Needs To Cloak Himself & Go Out Among The Peasants

How could the clueless, incompetent boob THINK that all his anti-business rhetoric, all his demonizing of CEO's and economic sectors would NOT make a horrible impression in the very people he needs to get this economy moving.
He is an economic imbecile

Old 09-18-2010, 12:18 PM

19,013 posts, read 14,188,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Already, more jobs have been created under Obama than during the entire 8 years of Bush.
...In the public sector.

Old 09-18-2010, 03:04 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Sorry, but since obama took office, we have LOST 2.5 million jobs.

How could you get this simple FACT wrong?

Because he isn't wrong... The stimulus has created over 3.3 million jobs.. Sorry many of us like real facts, not the Bull$ hit to support a dimwitted view via Faux News. expand your resources a little and start seeing a new reality.

U.S. Job Creation Improves Slightly in August

Can you imagine the disaster we would have had with McCain? no support for the auto industry, no support for the housing... If you think this economy is bad. imagine how it would have been under the REpugs...

Old 09-18-2010, 04:22 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Yeah we know. You guys are the party of "we might be bad but guess what might have happened if those other guys were in office".

Kinda reminds me of a quote from R. Kennedy:
Quote:

There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies