Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 09:30 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,447 times

Advertisements

Never upderestimate the protective nature of a father towards his little girl.
I wouldn't have handled it that way.
IMO, there are to many unknowns in this story to accuse this man of "Criminal" behavior.

Lets get all of the facts before we hang this guy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2010, 09:33 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
It went down fine.

Old 09-18-2010, 09:34 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,596,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I would have to agree that Florida is very anti-parent. It's curious that that article from the Florida news failed to mention the child's disability, the fact that she has cerebral palsy. It was a very pro-bully article.

They're making the dad out to be the bad guy - as though good parents sit by and allow everyone including the school to abuse their children.

Those boys and other kids absolutely deserved a good ass-whooping from this father, not just some harsh words.

Very curious, good point. Florida news media is enabling the school administrators' apathy and incompetence too.

Old 09-18-2010, 09:38 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Very curious, good point. Florida news media is enabling the school administrators' apathy and incompetence too.
When you are runnin' a prison, the appearance of control is of utmost importance.

Old 09-18-2010, 09:47 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,862,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Like I said before, I don't know what state you live in, but this is FLORIDA, a very anti-parent state. Even if the bullies are the TEACHERS the Florida school districts almost always do NOTHING to the bullies. That is why Florida news about these incidents go to national news.
It doesn't really matter if the Ag comes to your house personally to arrest you. Your kids need to learn to fight their own battles.

Old 09-18-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
This wasn't just some teasing, these boys were abusing this little girl. She's on suicide watch - I can see letting kids toughen up when it's just teasing and a little picking on but these boys were going after a helpless child.

The schools aren't doing these children a kindness by letting their behavior continue. In days past, the schools would have have done a lot more to these brats. Kids didn't take over the school buses when things were saner. There was even a time that bullies could be disciplined properly.

If she is on suicide watch over bullying then she has real problems. You just don't get teased into killing yourself, And that story doesn't even say that anyway. And no one is helpless...it's that mentality which creates people who are though. She gets picked on....that's life....she needs to learn to knock those kids out....and people won't bother her.

Old 09-18-2010, 09:53 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
A father who loves his daughter. His handicapped daughter. Who fights battles most of us cannot even imagine. He comes to her defense and lays down the law to some punk kids. Because he loves her. And wants to protect her.

He comes to my town, I'm buying him dinner.

Old 09-18-2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
A father who loves his daughter. His handicapped daughter. Who fights battles most of us cannot even imagine. He comes to her defense and lays down the law to some punk kids. Because he loves her. And wants to protect her.

He comes to my town, I'm buying him dinner.

When did she become handicapped?

Old 09-18-2010, 10:00 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
If she is on suicide watch over bullying then she has real problems. You just don't get teased into killing yourself, And that story doesn't even say that anyway. And no one is helpless...it's that mentality which creates people who are though. She gets picked on....that's life....she needs to learn to knock those kids out....and people won't bother her.
This wasn't just some teasing. It was a bus full of kids picking on the most helpless child - boys picking on a girl. How cowardly is that? I also believe throwing condoms at her was a serious threat to her, probably sexual threats and abuse - all because she was unable to fight back. I think the father should have taken the condoms they threw at her and made them swallow them, because if boys like this aren't stopped at some point they will rape innocent victims.

She is disabled. She has cerebral palsy and cannot fight back - that's why her dad became so enraged.

Old 09-18-2010, 10:02 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,605,929 times
Quote:
It doesn't really matter if the Ag comes to your house personally to arrest you. Your kids need to learn to fight their own battles.
Quote:
Pretty hard to do if you have Cerebral Palsy.

Quote:
When did she become handicapped?
I was thinking (hoping) you had missed that detail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies