Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 01:20 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,043,339 times

Advertisements

Honestly, he should've made sure that you're comfortable with it. Not everyone is comfortable with the thought of abortion.

Now, me, my wife knows that if I could, I'd hold her hand through the procedure. The decision to abort is hers and hers alone, and i"ll support her through whatever she decides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 01:25 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,043,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post

And the research proves that most women who abort a baby have much guilt throughout their life so your friends are either the exception or they are not being truthful with you.
A: Post this research.

B: People who don't regret their abortion are more common than you think..

My wife being among them.

Quote:
Why do you forget about the life that doesn't have a "choice."
Does a parasite have a choice when you expel it from your body?

In any case, when most abortions occur, this "life" is nothing more than a group of cells indistinguishable from other tissue expelled during the procedure.

Quote:
It is too bad for the inconvenience of the mother that this life is already getting in their way.
Yeah. The mother must be made to suffer for this poor, unfeeling, unknowing, insigificant pre-existing life form.

Quote:
Yes, the woman has a choice to abstain from sex, or use birth control. And since birth control is over 95% effective it is usually due to irresponsibility rather than failure of the method.
Yet the method does fail. And abstinence also has a failure rate. It's more commonly known as "rape".

Quote:
So the woman can be inconvenienced for 9 months then give the child up and go on with her life.
You say "inconvenienced", I say "made to go through 9 months of hell she shouldn't have to."

Quote:
Seems a small price to pay to allowthis life to enter the world and avoid the guilt and ugliness of abortion/murder.
Not everyone is guilty.

And abortion is far from murder.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:27 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Against abortion, then I suggest that you not have one and keep the heck out of my reproductive choices.
It's none of your business.

But since you asked, how many unwanted kids have you adopted yourself?

Sure would be nice if the government wasn't allowing underage kids to have this procedure done during schools hours without parental knowledge. Why would government have the right to usurp parental authority in a personal matter such as this?

If I were a parent of a school age child I would want the government to stay out of "my family's" reproductive choices as well.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:28 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,337,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
first there is less mental stress later in life when a pregnancy is taken to full term, and the child is given up for adoption, than there is when a viable fetus is aborted.

second, while i am pro life, i can see good reason to abort an otherwise viable fetus, rape, incest, and to save the life of the mother are the conditions that are acceptable. but as birth control, no. people have got to be responsible for their actions, and that includes having sex which may result in an unwanted pregnancy.

third, i was merely indicating that most people think abortion is a neat, clean way to get rid of an unwanted pregnancy, and that it is somehow perfectly safe, which in fact is far from the truth.
You are not pro-life; you are pro-choice, with the caveat that you get to make the choice.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:30 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm;15960542[B
]first there is less mental stress later in life when a pregnancy is taken to full term, and the child is given up for adoption, than there is when a viable fetus is aborted.[/b]

second, while i am pro life, i can see good reason to abort an otherwise viable fetus, rape, incest, and to save the life of the mother are the conditions that are acceptable. but as birth control, no. people have got to be responsible for their actions, and that includes having sex which may result in an unwanted pregnancy.

third, i was merely indicating that most people think abortion is a neat, clean way to get rid of an unwanted pregnancy, and that it is somehow perfectly safe, which in fact is far from the truth.
Really? Pregnancy PERMANENTLY changes a woman's body.......and not in a good way..........hemorrhoids, vericlose veins, stretch marks, urinary incontinence later in life........."gifts" that keep on giving. Adoption.......that could also cause stress in later life........wonder if the adoptive parents are abusing the child?

Having an abortion is MUCH safer than pregnancy and childbirth. Women routinely die in childbirth........women rarely, if ever, die from safe, legal abortions.

Most women that have abortions are relieved that they did not have to bear a child they did not want..............and few ever regret their decision. Most of the time.........2, 5, 12 years later........women stop and think.......thank goodness I don't have 2, 5, or 12 year old now.

You talk about pregnancy as if it is a punishment for failed birth control. Nice way of looking at a child.........punishment for making a mistake.

Why is it OK with you to abort a child conceived during rape or incest.........because it is not the woman's fault and she doesn't need to be punished with childbirth?

Abortion is a neat, clean, safe way to get rid of an unwanted pregnancy..........and most women never stress over it in later life.........they are just thankful.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:30 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Any man who is against abortion should do one of the following:
a) keep it in his pants because it is the sperm that causes pregnancy;
b) get a vasectomy;
c) start adopting unwanted kids.

I suppose booya chose not to read my link to I'mNotSorry.net: Celebrating the right to choose
He can't post any studies other than opinions from religious (anti-choice, women as *****) sites to support his claim.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:36 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Against abortion, then I suggest that you not have one and keep the heck out of my reproductive choices.
It's none of your business.

But since you asked, how many unwanted kids have you adopted yourself?
yes i am against abortion for birth control reasons. as for children, i realized a long time ago that i would be a far better uncle than i would be a father, and thus i made the responsible choice to NOT be a parent, or put myself in a situation where the possibility that might happen. again it is called being responsible for your actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
You are not pro-life; you are pro-choice, with the caveat that you get to make the choice.
no i am pro life, but i am understanding that if the life of the mother is at risk, then an abortion is an option. i also recognize that rape victims have a tough enough time with their feelings, that they dont need the added stress of carrying the offspring of the rapist for nine months. same with incest, since most incest is forced on the girls.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:39 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
There are ways to have sex without getting pregnant. I think the poster is saying that if you're going to have sex and you don't want to create a life then you need to be responsible for taking the precautions to make sure that doesn't happen. That would include married couples and couples who want to be child free and you, a woman who has zero desire for children.
The women I was talking about DID use birth control. Consistently. Neither wanted children. One got pregnant while on the pill AND using condoms.

Sh*t happens. Nothing is 100%, not even tubal ligations and vasectomies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Why would anyone be miserable about having a child and giving them up for adoption as opposed to aborting them??? She wishes she would have had an abortion, is that what your saying?

And the research proves that most women who abort a baby have much guilt throughout their life so your friends are either the exception or they are not being truthful with you.

Why do you forget about the life that doesn't have a "choice." It is too bad for the inconvenience of the mother that this life is already getting in their way. Yes, the woman has a choice to abstain from sex, or use birth control. And since birth control is over 95% effective it is usually due to irresponsibility rather than failure of the method. So the woman can be inconvenienced for 9 months then give the child up and go on with her life. Seems a small price to pay to allowthis life to enter the world and avoid the guilt and ugliness of abortion/murder.

Actually, many women DON'T have have guilt. Those women who don't have guilt get on with their lives and don't go to support groups nor do they shout it from the rooftops that they regret their decision like the women who DO encounter guilt do...that's why you hear more from them. It's not that there are more of them, it's that they're the loudest.

Inconvenienced for 9 months? Try inconvenienced for a lifetime to make someone you don't even know feel 'warm and fuzzy' that they saved a wittle iddy biddy baby. Sorry, I don't buy it. My body, my choice, not yours.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:46 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,529,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Sh*t happens. Nothing is 100%, not even tubal ligations and vasectomies.

Actually, many women DON'T have have guilt.. . .

Inconvenienced for 9 months? Try inconvenienced for a lifetime to make someone you don't even know feel 'warm and fuzzy' that they saved a wittle iddy biddy baby. Sorry, I don't buy it. My body, my choice, not yours.

Not everyone who has guilt shouts it from the rooftops or goes to support groups. For most it is internal. And YES it is your body and your choice thank goodness not mine!
But again, what about the life inside your body? Do they get to decide whether they can live or be aborted?

Old 09-20-2010, 01:47 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,337,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
yes i am against abortion for birth control reasons. as for children, i realized a long time ago that i would be a far better uncle than i would be a father, and thus i made the responsible choice to NOT be a parent, or put myself in a situation where the possibility that might happen. again it is called being responsible for your actions.

no i am pro life, but i am understanding that if the life of the mother is at risk, then an abortion is an option. i also recognize that rape victims have a tough enough time with their feelings, that they dont need the added stress of carrying the offspring of the rapist for nine months. same with incest, since most incest is forced on the girls.
Isn't a life conceived by rape or incest still a life? A pro-lifer is against the taking of a life. Period. A pro-choicer believes a pregnant woman should be free to determine the conditions under which she can choose to terminate her pregnancy. You have stated that given conditions determined by you, abortion is OK.

You are pro-choice - conditions to be dictated by you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies