Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2010, 06:33 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,169,841 times

Advertisements

How about this:

The whole liberal/conservative thing is a ploy to keep people pissed off at each other, while we go off and invade countries like Afghanistan because of it's IMMENSE wealth of resources, and Iraq to turn over to international oil interests.

But why focus on stuff like that when we can argue about evolution and creationism, religion, health care, abortion and gay marriage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2010, 06:38 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf232 View Post
How about this:

The whole liberal/conservative thing is a ploy to keep people pissed off at each other, while we go off and invade countries like Afghanistan because of it's IMMENSE wealth of resources, and Iraq to turn over to international oil interests.

But why focus on stuff like that when we can argue about evolution and creationism, religion, health care, abortion and gay marriage?
. Although it is also important to preserve your borders, language, and culture because that's where stability comes from

Old 09-26-2010, 07:56 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,060 times
[MOD CUT/flaming] My extended family is conservative old stock and they are wealthy. And they are racist against anyone not of our race, especially SE asians, blacks, and hispanics. However, they won't necessarily discriminate against any individual person (they have associates and friends who are of those said races so obviously they make exceptions for their beliefs). They also look at whites with some degree of suspicion. All their conservative buddies of the same race are equally racist. The liberal people of our race tend to be younger, and not so racist. It's fact that conservatives are just more racist on average because they tend to value uniformity and predictability in their microcosm.

Liberals tend to be the ones who have been schooled to fight against racist dogma. However, I am sure that they have the same racist stereotyping tendencies to some extent. They just won't express it, or they suppress their expression of said opinions.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-15-2010 at 06:51 AM..

Old 09-26-2010, 08:04 PM

785 posts, read 619,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Conservatives are racists. My extended family is conservative old stock and they are wealthy. And they are racist against anyone not of our race, especially SE asians, blacks, and hispanics. However, they won't necessarily discriminate against any individual person (they have associates and friends who are of those said races so obviously they make exceptions for their beliefs). They also look at whites with some degree of suspicion. All their conservative buddies of the same race are equally racist. The liberal people of our race tend to be younger, and not so racist. It's fact that conservatives are just more racist on average because they tend to value uniformity and predictability in their microcosm.

Liberals tend to be the ones who have been schooled to fight against racist dogma. However, I am sure that they have the same racist stereotyping tendencies to some extent. They just won't express it, or they suppress their expression of said opinions.
[MOD CUT]

So...ALL conservatives are racist? So, the conservative doctrine of judging one from their character, not their color, means nothing to you? So, what about the collectivist nature of liberal thought in terms of race...that means nothing to you?

How about Barack Obama's statement about his white grandmother acting like a "typical" white person, and the liberal silence on it, that means nothing to you? How about "Whiteness" studies in academia, owing to its collectivist mentality, thinking that ALL whites are to be judged for the actions of other whites? That means nothing to you? how about the same mentality by liberals that ignore the fact that whites are by far more likely to be the VICTIMS of interracial crimes than the perpetrators? None of that means anything to you?

[MOD CUT] just like when you said that seeing interracial couples bother you. I'm curious, where does that fit into your theory that "Liberals tend to be the ones who have been schooled to fight against racist dogma"?

Please...do respond.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-15-2010 at 06:54 AM.. Reason: Please address the topic not other posters

Old 09-26-2010, 11:16 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
Oh, wait, and here is yet another:

I see your tactic! When proven that you've contradicted yourself and lied, shift the arguement at the last minute. You went from this:

"I can't provide a quote because you've never specifically said one way or the other, but one would deduct from what you say that they aren't being discriminated against."

to this:

"You don't consider discrimination against Hispanics to be racist, so it's okay with you."

By the way? I'm neither liberal NOR conservative--both camps despise me in equal numbers.

Unfortunately for you, I'm despised by both liberals and conservatives in equal numbers--so I'm neither.
Major difference between those two statements. One is speaking on the presence of discrimination against Hispanics, to the COMPLETELY SEPERATE question of is discrimination against them racist. Two...seperate...questions/points.

Keep going bro, every single time you do, you prove correct the stereotype about liberals, in that they argue emotionally, not logically or factually.
racism=discrimination. You don't think they're a race, even though the government does, there are identifiable characteristics of said race. Hence, you probably don't see the racism and discrimination against them that does exist. But, hey, it's okay because they're not like you. Why should we have tolerance or respect for other people? Logically?

Hint: "Treat others as you would want to be treated."

Last edited by TKramar; 09-27-2010 at 12:30 AM..

Old 09-26-2010, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
In what proportions? Absolute numbers don't really matter, it's the proportion to the overall population that matters.

I'm Hispanic, from Puerto Rico, and I believe if you live in the 50 states, you should be forced to learn English and use ONLY English in public (signage, government forms, workplace, etc. not amongst friends or family)
I met a girl from Puerto Rico in high school. Her English wasn't very good and she had an accent. But I learned Spanish very well from her.

Old 09-27-2010, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
I never said there can be no racism against them. DIRECT CHALLENGE: PROVIDE EVEN ONE QOUTE WHERE I SAID THAT.

What i DID say was that the efforts of the US to enforce its language policy is not racist. As to your charge I said they aren't a seperate race, that is just a fact. They are considered a MIXED race, but their own ethnicity. Do you even understand the difference? You need to retain information better before you lay out your "arguements".
You say they're not a race. Since you don't believe they're a race, racism isn't possible--since racism is, by definition, against a race.

Unfortunately for you, our government DOES recognize them as a race, unlike you.

Old 09-27-2010, 12:32 AM

It didn't accept the edit for whatever reason.

For your information, both liberals and conservatives despise me equally, so I'd have to say I'm neither.

Old 09-27-2010, 11:33 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
TKramer,
I don't think you're mean spirited, just, um.....not knowledgeable on a few matters. First of all, America is the only country in the world without an official language(s); every Spanish speaking country has Spanish as their official language, so using your logic, or lack thereof, those countries are racist. When this country was founded, our forefathers voted on which language would be the official one, i.e government, business, etc; it came down to German or English, and English won by only a handful of votes; imagine had it gone the other way, you'd be arguing that Americans are racist towards Hispanics, because they're being forced to speak German. lol The founding fathers just didn't put it officially in our constitution.

National language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Secondly, since almost all businesses, education, law enforcement, courts, etc in this country is conducted in English, by not asking and expecting Hispanic immigrants to learn the language, you're keeping them down and suppressing them economically, thus making it more likely that they'll never better themselves. If they can't speak the language, then how can they ever become successful?

Thirdly, it's really a matter of respect. I'm an immigrant and learned the language as did my husbands father. We felt that if we were going to call America our home, then outta respect and thanks, it's our duty to learn the language, not to mention that it only helps us, as I mentioned in my previous point.

Hope these points give you some food for thought.

Old 09-27-2010, 11:47 AM

66 posts, read 155,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
That statement is the truth. I've known four people in my life who used the "N" word, etc., and they were/are very conservative. My point isn't that being conservative equates being racist. My point is, why are conservatives suddenly trying to label all liberals as racist? I think it's a flawed argument and most likely just another attempt to smear the enemy.
African-American Rap stars are Republicans???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies