Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 01:06 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
haha...so?

I think your real problem here is simply black people.
The real problem is for the black establishment people to get out the vote for their membership.

I think that most here have lost sight of the fact that Obama wanted those Congressers to get votes for themselves since many people of both races are getting ready to vote his supporters out of office. Maybe he was campaigning for 2012 in that speech but I didn't see that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
You poor babies, are you going to be ok? It's so sad to see you being discriminated against in America. Boo hoo hoo I weep for you all, it's so tough being white these days.

The reality is your the one consumed with race, you're only projecting out what's really inside you. You can't stand blacks, neither can your little gang who starts race related threads here every single day. This thread is a disgrace and so are about 90% of the threads here-it's become a sub forum for storm front. A new hangout for a group of people who can't take personal responsibility for their own lives and want to blame it on blacks and other minorities. Pathetic.

Trust me, you guys are miserable for a reason and blacks ain't go nuthin' to do with it.
Did you read that article so you would know who Obama was talking about and what he was talking about? Somehow, I don't think you did since you see only racism here, but what else can one who read the article see?

Nice try to shift the racist call but no cigar, this time.

Old 09-19-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Newsflash: It was the Republicans who forced LBJ to pass the Civil Rights Act while the Democrats were kicking and screaming against it. I suspect revisionist historians and the left never wanted you to be accurately educated. So, if you want to remain in servitude by all means stick with the welfare state created by the Democrats that keeps you there.

Bill Bradley Fouls the Civil Rights Act - December 1999
Now you stop using sources like Congressional Quarterly from back in the 60s. That was before the serious progressive crap started so some truth may be apparent from your source. Progs aren't going to accept anything written before they were even in elementary school.

Old 09-19-2010, 01:30 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,365,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What is funny, the civil rights movement was a Republican movement. More Republicans voted yes, than Democrats. JFK refused to sign it... Twice. LBJ was the saving grace, which makes you wonder why JFK was taken out.

MLK was a staunch Republican, as was his father and brothers. Sitting in jail, JFK bailed him out of jail. The deal... support and turn the black vote to the liberal base. Case closed!
Ahhh, someone who knows. Ike tried to get it through and an up and coming democrat blocked it. That democrat wanted it watered down and fought it. He later signed it as president LBJ, hailed as an icon by blacks for his 'good' works.

Gotta give them here, I'm over my limit.

Old 09-19-2010, 01:50 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
What is funny, the civil rights movement was a Republican movement.
More Republicans voted yes, than Democrats. JFK refused to sign it... Twice.
LBJ was the saving grace, which makes you wonder why JFK was taken out.

MLK was a staunch Republican, as was his father and brothers. Sitting in jail, JFK bailed him out of jail. The deal... support and turn the black vote to the liberal base. Case closed!

Yet you still argue.

Old 09-19-2010, 02:14 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
Does not take a rocket scientist to figure out, what Obama is all about, and has been about, some simply choose to not see this. So obious is it not! Stop making this a race issue will some of you wake up, has nothing to do with race, except Obama feels it does.

Old 09-19-2010, 02:25 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,807,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Does not take a rocket scientist to figure out, what Obama is all about, and has been about, some simply choose to not see this. So obious is it not! Stop making this a race issue will some of you wake up, has nothing to do with race, except Obama feels it does.
Remember that's all they have left is to play the race card. They know their ship is sinking and a lot of Dems. aren't even putting their affiliation in their commercials now.Guess they're trying to distance themselves from "The Chosen One".

Old 09-19-2010, 02:57 PM

12,952 posts, read 13,663,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I just read an article about how the Tea Party is changing the two major parties, maybe a lot more than they think. That is what I have been seeing all along. I have never been to a Tea Party meeting but I do see them causing both the two parties some real problems in that there is no doubt that the establishment people in both parties are starting to panic. Yes, the people are about to take their parties back and won't that be bad for Democrat leaders in Congress. An example of what I am saying is the number of Dems in the House who are getting ready to vote with Republicans for repeal of Obamacare. Am I wrong about that?
I think to try an repeal health care is a mistake. It took 16 years to get it this far. To undo it line by line will take the next generation of politicians. Most or some of the back lash is based on misinformation.
If the Tea Party puts in to many newbies they will have a lot of horse trading ahead of them just to bring home the pork to their own states. For them to get any ranking to change the National agenda is a long shot. National Health Care is going to be part of our vocabulary from now on and to tie up billions in legal fees trying to opt out is not good way to spend tax payers money. Most of us are "forced" to buy insurance. We are forced to buy it on our houses and cars unless we want to refer to it a a luxury tax.

Old 09-19-2010, 03:51 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,296,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What is funny, the civil rights movement was a Republican movement.
More Republicans voted yes, than Democrats. JFK refused to sign it... Twice.
LBJ was the saving grace, which makes you wonder why JFK was taken out.

Let's rewind the clock shall we. First in the early 1960's it was possible to find both liberals and conservatives in both political parties. Southern Conservatives were mostly Democrats and conservatives from other parts of the country were mostly Republicans. The pivotal political events that pushed Southern Democrats to convert to the Republican Party were the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965. Barry Goldwater a Republican Conservative began to attract more Southerners to the Republican Party with his book Conscience of a Conservative in 1960. Goldwater KNEW he wasn't going to get the vote of Black Americans so he began tailoring the conservative message to appeal to Southern White Americans during is bid for the presidency in 1964. This was beginning of the modern Southern Strategy which has been the hallmark of Republican national election bid since that time.

It’s patently ludicrous to say that the Republican Party was party of Civil Rights when Barry Goldwater the Republican Party presidential nominee was against the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and was an advocate of states’ rights. States’ rights was the political strategy that allowed Southern states to make laws that enforced segregation, discrimination and economically and politically and economically disenfranchised Black Americans. This stance so was popular in the Southerners it allowed the Republican Party won states in the Deep South that it had not won since Reconstruction.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:48 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
Remember that's all they have left is to play the race card. They know their ship is sinking and a lot of Dems. aren't even putting their affiliation in their commercials now.Guess they're trying to distance themselves from "The Chosen One".
I here ya, hate to burst some's bubbles but CHOSEN ONE HE IS NOT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies