U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 10:11 PM

29,986 posts, read 39,537,666 times

Advertisements

Fire From the Heartland

Fire From The Heartland: The Awakening of the Conservative Woman - Citizens United Productions

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2010, 10:14 PM

13,535 posts, read 8,505,266 times
I agree. The republicans need more sarah palins and christine o'donnells.

Old 09-18-2010, 10:15 PM

1,009 posts, read 2,081,199 times
I watched the trailer. Once I saw Anne Coulter and Sarah Palin make an appearance, I made my decision:

Conservative women: Just as bad as conservative men.

EDIT: Why is there a farm on the website? None of these pundits work on a farm, or work period. Just show the Washington capitol, keep it real.

Old 09-18-2010, 10:16 PM

1,951 posts, read 2,954,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiaroscuro View Post
I watched the trailer. Once I saw Anne Coulter and Sarah Palin make an appearance, I made my decision:

Conservative women: Just as bad as conservative men.

!

Old 09-18-2010, 10:25 PM

44,884 posts, read 30,196,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
These libs who have replied in the normal lib smart aleck tones don't seem to know what part of the world you live in or what part that thing is titled after.

I know both those things and I wonder how much intelligence it takes to think that Sarah Palin and Michele Bachman aren't just what the DVD is about and they will be much higher placed in a couple of years form now.

BTW, I think that maybe with her glasses on that S.E. Cupp is one of the most beautiful women around, but not to progs, I imagine.

Old 09-18-2010, 10:26 PM

Jesus. "Motherhood is a political act. Period."
No. Getting knocked up is not a political act, any more than going on a diet is.

"We do not want our kids and our grandkids futures taken away from us, and we're gonna stand up and do whatever we need to do, to make sure that doesn't happen!"
What the hell are you talking about? Could these people be any less specific?

"Women are the last line of defense!"
Wow! What an empowering message! After all the men have fought and died, then the women have their turn.

From Citizens United:
"The first-ever film to tell the entire story of the conservative woman in her own words, "Fire from the Heartland" is a powerful statement about America at a crossroads and the women who have awakened to the crisis. With role models such as Clare Boothe Luce, Margaret Thatcher, and Phyllis Schlafly as inspiration, these women are the unintended consequence of the liberal feminist movement.

Tracing the long history of the many conservative women who have been the backbone of this great nation, from the founding mothers of our Republic to today's "Mama Grizzlies," this powerful and compelling documentary honors the self-made American woman.

Activists, politicians and commentators such as Ann Coulter, Michelle Malkin, S.E. Cupp, Dana Loesch, Michelle Easton, Sonnie Johnson, Jenny Beth Martin, Michelle Moore, Jamie Radtke, Deneen Borelli, Janine Turner, and Congresswomen Cynthia Lummis, Jean Schmidt, and Michele Bachmann share their emotional stories of hardship and triumph in their fight for freedom. These women leaders are fanning the flames of liberty across the nation.

Written and directed by Stephen K. Bannon and produced by David N. Bossie, the team that made the critically acclaimed film "Generation Zero" that focused on the financial meltdown and the rise of the Tea Party, "Fire from the Heartland" is a must-see for every citizen concerned with the direction of our country and will stir a fire in the hearts of all Americans.
"

The unintended consequence of the liberal feminist movement? You mean, after liberal feminists fought for women's rights, and won... These new conservative women are using those same freedoms to fight against women's rights? What a horrible consequence indeed.

Last edited by chiaroscuro; 09-18-2010 at 10:39 PM..

Old 09-18-2010, 10:37 PM

Wow. The demeaning and marginalizing message for conservative women in all of this mess is just now sinking in. Watch the trailer, and read the description on the citizens united website.

How many times do they make mention of motherhood, children, mama grizzlies, etc? Are they suggesting that conservative women are by default also always mothers? Do mama grizzlies exclude conservative women without children? Why is pregnancy a political act? Why is the conservative woman only awakening now, decades after the liberal women won freedom for all women?

What would be the fallout of a similar video titled "The Awakening of the conservative man," linking fatherhood with conservatism? Men without children are not conservatives, not Papa Grizzlies, and generally not looking out for our "Children's Future" because they have no children.

This is one more piece of evidence that the conservatives like their women barefoot, pregnant, and locked in the nursery. There are too many references to child-rearing for this to be a coincidence. While conservative men are strong, principled, and independent, conservative women are to function as brood mares for the state.

Old 09-18-2010, 10:39 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,992,310 times
Why'd ya durn fools hafta go and wake her?
Attached Thumbnails
The Awakening of the Conservative Woman-k3678470.jpg  

Old 09-18-2010, 10:57 PM

26,684 posts, read 26,392,993 times
Some might say that the movie is sexist and demeaning to women.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:04 PM

2,007 posts, read 3,601,743 times
This is one of the reasons the Democrats will lose big in the next few elections. The womens vote is getting more and more conservative. WOMEN, YOU ROCK!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies