Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 12:40 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,413,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
Once again, certain Christians need to stop playing the victim card. It's not like they didn't bring any of this on them by their previous actions and behaviors. It's rather comical that certain Christians throw a fit about being "deemed evil" or "discriminated against" when they have been deeming certain segments of society evil and discriminating in horrid ways for ages. Negative actions are often met with negative consequences.
Do you feel the same about Islam or just Christianity?

Old 09-20-2010, 12:47 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,910,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Do you feel the same about Islam or just Christianity?
Yes, almost every religion has those who play the victim card/role. It's one of the many issues with any organized religion. Some religions are worse than others for using this tactic.

Old 09-20-2010, 12:49 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,213,024 times
Quote:
Yes, almost every religion has those who play the victim card/role. It's one of the many issues with any organized religion. Some religions are worse than others for using this tactic.
And none of them will ever own up to it.

Old 09-20-2010, 12:52 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,413,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
It is espacially common amongst the intollerant anti personal freedom and bigoted christian right wing to play the victim.
And also common in the Black, Gay, Latino and Muslim communities. Are they also intollerant anti personal freedom and bigoted?

Old 09-20-2010, 01:17 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,191,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Bashing Christians or Catholics is nothing new in the media but it's time we started shining a light on the hypocrisy of the left who preach religious tolerance while stabbing Christianity in the eye. Post all Christianphobia opinion news articles and TV segments here to expose the media's ignorance and hatred of a truly peaceful religion.

Jake Diliberto: Crazed Christians: Two Lifesized Looney Tunes

disclaimer for libnuts: invoking Timothy McVeigh won't work.

as a Christian
I do not look for acceptance from the world, as a matter of fact we are promised we will not have it
so let them blast away

Old 09-20-2010, 01:21 PM

37,069 posts, read 42,032,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Oh, really?

If you want to group all Christians together I hope you group all Muslims together as terrorists too - given the way you rationalize things.

Do you tell your Muslim friends "hey, sorry, human nature dictates that you're gonna blow again, but just wanted to let you know you brought it on yourselves. Oh wait...sorry your reaction may be negative, but there is only one reason why it is...you suck and you own everything your ilk did from day one. Sorry. Hee-hee! Buffy Out."

Wow.
This thread has not taking about Muslims though. But if you want to know I do lump all religions together in my mind. But only respond to those in my face.

Wow indeed.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:26 PM

294 posts, read 350,658 times
Quote:
Christians don't force their beliefs upon others? Do you expect everybody to edit their beliefs and cave in to Christians when they force their beliefs on others?

By voting? How are Christians forcing their will upon you and your beliefs?

Old 09-20-2010, 01:40 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,622,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
LOL, right on schedule some Moderator cut: inappropriate has to bring up ancient history to prove how violent Christianity is (was).

Try dealing with the facts as they are today because that is what affects us now, in the present world. Christianity has evolved past its violent history. Islam has not evolved at all and is, in today's modern world, the biggest terrorist threat to civilization.

Liberal Narcissism and Anti-Christian Phobia.
"Americans have always expected national television broadcasters to steer clear of degrading epithets. On April 14, 2009, CNN's Anderson Cooper established a new low in television journalism when he labeled millions of Americans in the Tea Party movement with a vulgar sexual term. Other mainstream media journalists and personalities gleefully followed suit. There was no outcry from the "anti-hate community." Many liberals do not merely tolerate contumelies against conservatives, but they delight in them."
I posted this in another thread - here is, sadly, some very current evidence that Christianity has not evolved beyond its violent past.
Now, does reporting this constitute an 'attack' on Christianity?
African churches attack kids as
What makes this even more scary is the number of American clerics who are promoting Christianity in Africa and the negative consequences thereof.
Again, are you suggesting that the public does not need to know about how these people are distorting Christian teachings?

Press Release - Globalizing the Culture Wars: U.S. Conservatives, African Churches, and Homophobia - Political Research Associates

Old 09-20-2010, 01:46 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,213,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
This thread has not taking about Muslims though. But if you want to know I do lump all religions together in my mind. But only respond to those in my face.

Wow indeed.
Very powerful.
I wholeheartedly concur with this statement.

________
renault: I guess the rape and abuse of children at the hands (and other body parts) of the church current enough violence for you?

Old 09-20-2010, 01:47 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,622,459 times
Quote:
Once again, certain Christians need to stop playing the victim card. It's not like they didn't bring any of this on them by their previous actions and behaviors. It's rather comical that certain Christians throw a fit about being "deemed evil" or "discriminated against" when they have been deeming certain segments of society evil and discriminating in horrid ways for ages. Negative actions are often met with negative consequences.
I agree 100%. Not sure what people expect when you have so-called Christians burning copies of the 'Harry Potter' books and depicting dinosaurs with saddles.

Expressing an opinion about these actions does not constitute a 'war on Christianity,' a war on silliness, maybe, but not a war on Christianity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies