Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2010, 08:19 PM

767 posts, read 487,447 times

Advertisements

I think this tea party sign is pretty extreme, and illiterate

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 08:23 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,277,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Angle's website expresses her personal views. It says nothing about any intent to force those views upon others.

Do you honestly believe there's even a remote chance there will ever be enough support in the Senate to push through a bill federally limiting access to abortions?
Sharron Angle emerges from media shell, tells interviewer there's no church-state separation, sees no exceptions on abortion

Sharron Angle emerges from media shell, tells interviewer there's no church-state separation, sees no exceptions on abortion | Crooks and Liars

Old 09-21-2010, 08:29 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,000,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Sharron Angle emerges from media shell, tells interviewer there's no church-state separation, sees no exceptions on abortion

Sharron Angle emerges from media shell, tells interviewer there's no church-state separation, sees no exceptions on abortion | Crooks and Liars
Right, there's an unbiased source

From your link:

Quote:
Among Blue America pages you will find actions dedicated to specific endeavors, like defeating Blue Dogs, rewarding members of Congress who have been fighting for meaningful health care or for ending the disastrous occupation of Afghanistan (http://www.actblue.com/page/afghanistan - broken link). There is even a page dedicated specifically to giving props to progressive hero Alan Grayson (http://www.actblue.com/page/grayson - broken link) and one dedicated to the best challengers running for the U.S. Senate this year (http://www.actblue.com/page/mayprimaries - broken link). I'm kind of partial to the one that Digby came up with to send a message to the Inside the Beltway Establishment by supporting BETTER Democrats, the non-corporate kind.
Funny thing is liberals wouldn't be spending so much time trying to discredit a candidate if they weren't truly afraid of that candidate winning. Given Harry Reid's abysmal track record with regard to representing the interests of his constituents I suppose I can understand why Democrats are spending more time trying to point out issues with their opposition than they are spending trying to highlight Reid's accomplishments.

I'll give Harry credit for one thing. He voted correctly on the DREAM act today. It's a shame his votes only reflect the wishes of his constituents when he's afraid of losing his job.

Last edited by outbacknv; 09-21-2010 at 08:39 PM..

Old 09-21-2010, 08:33 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,211,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
No wonder they think he is tearing at the fabric of society.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:33 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,776,194 times
Quote:
This is everyhting I need to know....get the muslin outta the white house. better yet get the Tea Party out of this country.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:35 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,738,074 times
Abolishing social security, medicare, and the dept. of education is extreme. It's extremely stupid.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:37 PM

767 posts, read 487,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Abolishing social security, medicare, and the dept. of education is extreme. It's extremely stupid.
Especially when you collect Social Security and Medicare.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:06 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,738,074 times
Quote:
Keep your government hands off my Medicare!!!

Old 09-21-2010, 09:18 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,376,578 times
Socially speaking, Tea Partier's seem extreme in that they represent the failure of the American education system. They (and Fox News) remind me of the 8th grader I worked with who was illiterate but had a lot of opinions, belonged to a gang and was patriotic.

So uh, what do you do with that?

I see it a lot. It's strange. And sad.

Just as the Tea Partiers are. I wonder about the longevity of their movement. In this day and age when "virtual" online support means so much, I guess one could surmise that the Tea Party is not attracting a lot of "young" folks. Their websites suck. That's a design opinion, not a political opinion.

Sorry, but Tea Party websites are really lame. I'm sure they have better things to think about though.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:24 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,172,642 times
Quote:
I can't ever get Social Security or Medicare - I got out of the system decades ago. Haven't paid into the "system" either. So, do what you want with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies