Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 01:15 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
No, Jadex, it is for this thread. That is a lovely attempt to deflect. I applaud your stage performance.

If the tea party is for these things than they must obviously believe that it is not being followed now. The extremism is an extension of the inability to articulate what the problem is and to address the problem within the framework of the constitution. THIS IS WHY.
So.....because the message isn't clear enough for you, that equates to "extremism"; seriously? Using your logic, everytime Obama goes off teleprompter I can hardly understand a thing he says, so he too must be extreme. Surely you can do better than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 01:17 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
I take it you have not ran into the "Not ratified" crowd then.
Sure, and I've also run into the HAARP crowd, the 9/11-was-an-inside-job crowd, the moon landing hoax crowd, etc.

You questioned my statement that nobody with authority inside the Tea Party movement was advocating the repeal of the 16th Amendment. Name names, and also list their connection to the movement. I've been to a number of Tea Party gatherings, and it was never on the agenda - not once.

Your 16th Amendment argument fell flat on its face with the first response to your post. You can be a man and admit that you were wrong, or you can keep pretending that you're not. Either way, it doesn't matter to me. You're the one at risk of making a fool of yourself.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:19 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Sure, and I've also run into the HAARP crowd, the 9/11-was-an-inside-job crowd, the moon landing hoax crowd, etc.

You questioned my statement that nobody with authority inside the Tea Party movement was advocating the repeal of the 16th Amendment. Name names, and also list their connection to the movement. I've been to a number of Tea Party gatherings, and it was never on the agenda - not once.

Your 16th Amendment argument fell flat on its face with the first response to your post. You can be a man and admit that you were wrong, or you can keep pretending that you're not. Either way, it doesn't matter to me. You're the one at risk of making a fool of yourself.
Enjoy.
Text & History » Strange Brew: The Tea Party (http://theusconstitution.org/blog.history/?p=1857 - broken link)

Old 09-20-2010, 01:20 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
The Tea Party consists of Birthers, people who want to take the country back, people who get upset over everything Obama does (even though he's not the first to do it), people who listen to sound bytes on the Glenn Beck show and take it for the gospel, people who fantasize about shooting up abortion clinics, people who say that the president of the USA is sympathetic to Muslim fundamentalists and that he hates America, people who want the president impeached and people who have delusions about their state seceding from the union. Those are extremist views. If you don't fall into one of those categories, you may as well because if you are at a Tea Party gathering, you're standing next to someone who does.
For someone that goes by the name, "Factsplease," you sure don't seem very interested in them.

I think this is the second time I've voiced that observation. Two strikes and you're out - welcome to ignore.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:21 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I find it most ironic that you post such drivel while using the handle "factsplease"

You really didn't want an answer to your question, did you?

Old 09-20-2010, 01:22 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Yeah, like trying something that has failed for centuries is a smart thing to do. Stupidity is this administration's middle name. They are putting us on a path of failed economic principles proven to fail for centuries. That is the very definition of STUPIDITY!
And what principles are those exactly that have failed for centuries?

Old 09-20-2010, 01:23 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
Just google "stop ground zero mosque" and you will get the picture and if you are too lazy to do that. Then Tea Party Patriots | Stop the Ground Zero Mosque! (http://www.teapartypatriots.org/BlogPostView.aspx?id=1a6927a7-f934-471c-8253-5a9cc5f28038 - broken link)
Again, it was you, not me that used the word vast and you also said they advocated unconstitutional methods; I'm still waiting for evidence of either hyperbolic claim. The fact that you're a student and tomorrows future greatly concerns me. I've got a challenge for you: the next time your Marxist Sociology 101 professor talks about "diversity", I dare you to ask him/her how many conservatives are in the Sociology department, and when he/she responds "none" ask them why diversity doesn't apply to them? Question liberal authority, don't be a lemming. You'll be the better for it.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:23 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,010,709 times
Quote:
Enjoy.
Text & History » Strange Brew: The Tea Party (http://theusconstitution.org/blog.history/?p=1857 - broken link)
From a blog with a stated purpose of "blogging about the progressive constitution". Hardly an unbiased source.

As an aside there is only one Constitution. It is neither liberal nor progressive.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:26 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Tea bagging hasn't been about any of that, it is all about power grab. The constitution is just fine, the government could be better but the tea baggers are hell bent on extremism, a step towards fascism masquerading as "patriots" (Hitler did that). Don't believe me? Don't. You just might catchup with the realities someday.
I gather Tea bagging is the derogatory term used for your sexual preferences since you say it so much. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
You ignored the OP and didn't say anything of substance, you just babbled. I guess because you said so it must be true.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:26 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Again, it was you, not me that used the word vast and you also said they advocated unconstitutional methods; I'm still waiting for evidence of either hyperbolic claim. The fact that you're a student and tomorrows future greatly concerns me. I've got a challenge for you: the next time your Marxist Sociology 101 professor talks about "diversity", I dare you to ask him/her how many conservatives are in the Sociology department, and when he/she responds "none" ask them why diversity doesn't apply to them? Question liberal authority, don't be a lemming. You'll be the better for it.
Look I gave you an example from a well established Tea party website and the instructions on how to gather more information for yourself. I do not have time to spoon feed it to you.

BTW I am many things, but a Marxist isn't one of them. I also think its entertaining how much you assume about me and my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies