Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 03:18 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,176,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Unfortunately, I'm one of those parents.

We are stuck in limbo. One of my sons wants to be a digital artist. Full Sail will cost us $88,000k, that we just don't have, to get a BGA. In the meantime there are no jobs for a twenty something in this area. All the entry level jobs have been gobbled up by over qualified MBAs. It's really sad.

As the world is a blaze, Obama doesn't just fiddle, he dances!
Here is what your son needs to do. Go to Military Sealift Command, it is a federal agency that works
for the us navy. He needs to look for a job there..I suggest start as an ordinary seaman....it takes
a few months to do the paperwork, physical, but unless he has a criminal or drug history he will get hired. He will make about 40 thousand his 1st year. He will work, and work hard, but he will make money. He can
make AB and his salary will go up to 50 a year or higher.

He should do this job for four years and then quit and go to Full Sail. He can save enough money to
pay his own way.

MSC is a good job for people that don't mind hard work. You can travel around the world, see something besides the USA.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 04:48 AM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
You can make any of the numbers fit your agenda. I won't play that game. The Country is on the right track, it will take time, by getting the middle class to start buying. again.
Whats your alternative ? Romney /Ryan ? Now thats like throwing away everything we have worked for. Romney is totally out of touch with the People, he is a joke, you know that, you just won't admit it. Ryan, he is scary, Romney will loose just because of Ryan. You do not touch Social Security and medicare.Its the third rail in Politics. period !

The middle class has no faith in Obama to let go of any money it doesn't have to.
When he is gone the clock ("time") wil start clicking towards healing.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:03 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,212,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
The middle class has no faith in Obama to let go of any money it doesn't have to.
The middle class has run out of its own money that the government has already spent. There is nothing left of which to let go.

Old 09-30-2012, 01:20 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Originally Posted by steven_h
Unfortunately, I'm one of those parents.

We are stuck in limbo. One of my sons wants to be a digital artist. Full Sail will cost us $88,000k, that we just don't have, to get a BGA. In the meantime there are no jobs for a twenty something in this area. All the entry level jobs have been gobbled up by over qualified MBAs. It's really sad.

As the world is a blaze, Obama doesn't just fiddle, he dances!

Quote:
You are a racist, of the worst kind, you should be ashamed of your actions !
How does this, in any way, make me a racist?

Old 09-30-2012, 07:35 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,937,231 times
Quote:
You are quick to blame somebody, like a frustrated person who strikes out at anything or anybody. Most of us middle class people have got on with our lives, get a life, please! There are jobs for those wanting to work, quit blaming our President when the alternative has no plan at all, real joke. Obama will see 4 more years, and most people will be happy, the economy is on the mend big time hang in there !

Old 09-30-2012, 07:47 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,929,707 times
Talk about a thread backfire. Recession over? What a joke.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Talk about a thread backfire. Recession over? What a joke.
You no not of what you speek. I am in the business of distributing Large capital goods equipment. We never have been busier , in the last 40 years ,!Companies are buying, shortage of skilled workers, and there are not enough truck drivers. You consider this before you make a statement about the economy.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:23 AM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
You are quick to blame somebody, like a frustrated person who strikes out at anything or anybody. Most of us middle class people have got on with our lives, get a life, please! There are jobs for those wanting to work, quit blaming our President when the alternative has no plan at all, real joke. Obama will see 4 more years, and most people will be happy, the economy is on the mend big time hang in there !

You're a great example of your own post.
You've been "striking out" all over this thread.
Yes, you.

I have a good job and have maintained one through all of this.
Plain facts are everything has gone way up and people do not have confidence in the economy nor Obama.
They are not spending except as needed in order to keep some extra security due to that.

If there are jobs for those willing to work than Obama ought to be telling his ever growing public assistance supporters that instead of making it look like Obama is not doing his job by having a good plan to end this as he promised.
They are making him look awful bad, or are they just "messing" with him?

Old 10-01-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
You're a great example of your own post.
You've been "striking out" all over this thread.
Yes, you.

I have a good job and have maintained one through all of this.
Plain facts are everything has gone way up and people do not have confidence in the economy nor Obama.
They are not spending except as needed in order to keep some extra security due to that.

If there are jobs for those willing to work than Obama ought to be telling his ever growing public assistance supporters that instead of making it look like Obama is not doing his job by having a good plan to end this as he promised.
They are making him look awful bad, or are they just "messing" with him?
Are you saying my statement about our industry ( trucking) is not true ? That there has not been an increase in capital goods spending for machinery and equipment / which would indicate a growing demand ? I stand by what I have said. Furthermore, Obama has addressed the available Jobs issue many times. Its common knowledge that there IS a shortage of skilled workers, its also common knowledge that there is a demand for more truck drivers, who, carry the goods to the marketplace correct ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies