Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 07:53 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
just.. wow.

and despite her claims of pennilessness -

President Obama's Aunt Zeituni Onyango: The System Took Advantage Of Me - wbztv.com (http://wbztv.com/local/obama.aunt.zeituni.2.1921954.html - broken link)
We don't have the obligation to make her a citizen but we probably should. After all she is a member of the President's extended family. If the Obama family wishes to sponsor her, I don't have any problem with her. As for her lawyer, it is probably pro bono. After all she IS the President's aunt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2010, 06:19 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
We don't have the obligation to make her a citizen but we probably should. After all she is a member of the President's extended family. If the Obama family wishes to sponsor her, I don't have any problem with her. As for her lawyer, it is probably pro bono. After all she IS the President's aunt.
And aren't they both lawyers and could do it pro bono (if they wanted to)

Old 10-23-2010, 09:46 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
I have no doubt that there's some type of financial award in this.

Old 10-23-2010, 09:51 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,034,543 times
Quote:
He wasn't President when she was breaking the law and ripping off the country.

Old 10-24-2010, 06:28 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
He wasn't President when she was breaking the law and ripping off the country.
Correct.

She's no different from thousands of other illegal immigrants, no matter whose relative she is.

Should she have special treatment?

Old 06-24-2012, 10:55 AM

474 posts, read 601,480 times
Can anyone tell me why we have an obligation to make Aunt Zeutuni a citizen? Don't we already have a legal process to do so? She has already violated our laws and now expects the laws she violated to give her something she does not deserve. I am told she struts around her Boston area public housing complex loaded with gold jewelry, admits to being on public assistance and has made no effort on her own to start the process from the time she overstayed her visa tohonor our jConstution and our laws. Obama's uncle Onyanga living in Framinham Mass, works in a package store, got caught speeding and the court released him so he could go back to his illegal job. Don't tell me there is no Americasn for that package store job. I wonder how many other of Obama's relatives are on public assistance.
For the illegals, the conomy is working just fine....they keep getting their checks, having babies so the checks get larger and they believe the baby anchors them to America. The baies are unemancipated minors who belong to the mother and her native country. Perhaps we should start billing the country that sends them here.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:10 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
If Obama's aunt can do it then anyone can.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:00 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyblue09 View Post
I just don't understand how someone who doesn't even have a social security number gets public housing and disability. Who is helping these people get around the laws? How are they managing to do this? You would think there would be some kind of screening process for people trying to get on the dole. What's going wrong in the system to allow this?
Our government WANTS to give taxpayer assistance to illegal immigrants. It buys them votes from illegals and liberals alike, who support more and more of these programs since they don't earn enough to be taxed to pay for them anyway. On a more macro level, it would be impossible for all those illegals who serve Big Business in agriculture (not subject to minimum wage) and other poverty-level pay jobs to bring their families here without massive taxpayer assistance. Yet again, the few left in the once-mighty Middle Class are forced to subsidize Big Business, the continued growth of Big Government, and the support of large numbers of people whose mere existence in the nation has brought the compensation for unskilled labor to ridiculous lows.

I once worked in one of these programs, a program administered through HUD to give money to those who couldn't actually afford to buy houses on their incomes no matter how loose the lending standards (and most of these "incomes" were entirely taxpayer assistance). The program was funded by a very hefty county-wide tax on mortgages and refinancing, which personally cost me and my spouse over $4,000 because we bought and then refinanced a small house there. I then supervised the giveaway of significant awards to EVERY SINGLE applicant who showed up (the same group networked and showed up for EVERY giveaway program). If they mentioned to me that everyone in the family was undocumented, or that a son or brother in the household actually pulled in quite a bit of money through the drug trade, I was officially ordered to NOT document that and to approve the application anyway.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:18 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyblue09 View Post
Yes, I see your point. I have nothing against any race. I get angry at white American citizens who abuse taxpayer-funded programs too (I have dealt with SS disability scammers before who were white Americans).
I just don't understand how someone who doesn't even have a social security number gets public housing and disability. Who is helping these people get around the laws? How are they managing to do this? You would think there would be some kind of screening process for people trying to get on the dole. What's going wrong in the system to allow this?
And then TPTB will get in the news and say fraud and corruption is practically non-existent.

If they can get housing, welfare and food stamps then they can also vote..eh ?

Old 06-24-2012, 01:05 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Interesting.

All links to this story can't be found.

I wonder why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies