U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 08:22 AM

44,698 posts, read 27,496,433 times

Advertisements

just.. wow.

Quote:
"If I come as an immigrant, you have the obligation to make me a citizen." Those are the words from 58-year-old Zeituni Onyango of Kenya in a recent exclusive interview with WBZ-TV.

Onyango is the aunt of President Barack Obama. She lived in the United States illegally for years, receiving public assistance in Boston.
and despite her claims of pennilessness -

Quote:
Onyango hired a top immigration lawyer from Cleveland to help fight her case. We asked how she afforded that lawyer, when she claimed poverty.
President Obama's Aunt Zeituni Onyango: The System Took Advantage Of Me - wbztv.com (http://wbztv.com/local/obama.aunt.zeituni.2.1921954.html - broken link)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 08:50 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,742,821 times
Looks like she convinced Barry that we need to make ALL immigrants citizens. His degree serves to light the path to get around the constitution.

But I'm glad that she appreciates what the taxpayers do for her lmao.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:31 AM

14,306 posts, read 12,673,923 times
We have an "obligation" to make her a citizen? By what standards?

Old 09-21-2010, 10:25 AM

44,698 posts, read 27,496,433 times
she sure doesn't sound even remotely grateful, does she?

"I knew I had overstayed"

"I didn't take any advantage of the system. The system took advantage of me."

When asked about cutting in line ahead of those who have paid into the system she answered plainly, "I don't mind. You can take that house. I will be on the street with the homeless."

"To me America's dream became America's worst nightmare," she said adamantly. "I have been treated like public enemy number one."

Old 09-21-2010, 10:28 AM

25,722 posts, read 25,644,056 times
I've been listening to WBZ all morning and have heard her saying it over and over -- that we have an obligation to make her a citizen. I think she's probably just Obama's crazy aunt, most of us have a nut case in the family who is an embarrassment.

WBZ has also been reporting that the police report illegal law breakers to Immigration but they ignore illegals who aren't breaking any laws, including people who overstay their visas. I wonder why we even HAVE an Immigration department in the first place. It is totally unfair to people who are going through the legal process of immigration--they should just come in with a tourist visa, stay, and wait. Then they can get amnesty.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:35 AM

29,984 posts, read 41,266,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
We have an "obligation" to make her a citizen? By what standards?
The standards of her nephew the great Amnesty-in-Chief Obama. Entitlement "victim" society at its finest illustrated by this and other illegal aliens. Her backside should be in one of two places:

1) In jail convicted of defrauding the Boston Housing Authority and the taxpayers

2) Deported to Kenya

A thorough investigation of where she is getting the funds to pay this high end immigration attorney and any involvement either direct or indirect by Obama is warranted.

Obligation my backside!

Old 09-21-2010, 12:08 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,108,650 times
And people say undocumented residents aren't receiving public assistance because they are illegal. How many times have you tried to tell someone that undocumented immigrants ARE receiving money and assistance that is supposed to be for legal residents? People make the excuse of, "The last time I checked, illegal immigrants can't receive welfare," or "They are illegal immigrants, they aren't receiving welfare!" The illegal immigrants make it easy to prove that it is indeed true when they admit that tey were receiving assistance that they as an undocumented and illegal resident shouldn't be receiving.

Oh and how did she just happen to SHOW UP at President Obama's ceremony to add him to the Illinois Senate seat if he didn't know where she lived? It's obvious that he had been in contact with her and was probably helping her gain amnesty. What Aunt just shows up at her nephew's ceremonies unless they had been talking and had a relationship?

Old 09-21-2010, 01:09 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,365,751 times
I couldn't watch the video - her sense of entitlement makes me feel physically sick

Old 09-21-2010, 01:43 PM

3,876 posts, read 3,684,375 times
Obama has enough money and supporters to have brought his Aunt here legally and find some kind of employment for her instead her taking the route she did. He should have helped her handle this a different way and it wouldn't be an issue at all.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:49 PM

29,984 posts, read 41,266,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
I couldn't watch the video - her sense of entitlement makes me feel physically sick
Oh, you should listen to it.

The same judge that ordered her out of the country in 2004 gave her asylum this year? Something stinks in Boston and the stench is coming from the general direction of the WH!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies