Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2010, 03:22 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,518,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Christianity is about love.
I don't know where your going with this statement.
I think we all agree that Christianity is about love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 03:26 PM

624 posts, read 1,118,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
I don't know where your going with this statement.
I think we all agree that Christianity is about love.
Christianity is about love... but the US was never a Christian nation if you check the stats. At least is impossible for me to believe that the majority of people in the US were or are Christians since this country was always morally bankrupt (it had problems with alcohol abuse in the past, with crime, with prostitution ... today still has problems with crime, drugs, teen pregnancy and so on)

Old 09-22-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkDrinker View Post
Christianity is about love... but the US was never a Christian nation if you check the stats. At least is impossible for me to believe that the majority of people in the US were or are Christians since this country was always morally bankrupt (it had problems with alcohol abuse in the past, with crime, with prostitution ... today still has problems with crime, drugs, teen pregnancy and so on)
Yes we were. Our country was founded on Judeo/Christian ethics.

Of course there are people with alcohol problems and criminals and yes, prostitutes. Being a Christian doesn't mean you are perfect.

Have you ever read the Bible? There were thiefs and prostitutes in those times as well.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Not just you, but others accuse Christians of hatred simply for wanting to be moral. Christianity isn't about hate.

Makes one wonder if you're a Christophobe.
No, I don't wonder. I know!

Old 09-22-2010, 03:50 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,742,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Don't need to nitpick. I see it as a compliment. Because I am able to enjoy the opposite sex in ways homosexuals can't. (I typed out the full word "homosexuals" to prevent me from explaining why I used the shortened word for the next 10 posts.)
Sorry, that still doesn't explain why you see being called hetero as a 'compliment'. Gay people are perfectly capable of 'enjoying the opposite sex'. They just prefer their own. That's why for so long marriage (to the opposite sex) was considered "the ultimate closet". Rather than admitting to being homosexual, too many used to marry, have children and live a miserable life. They, too, would have considered being called hetero a 'compliment' because it would have meant they were doing a good job of pretending.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:18 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,278,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Well if it doesn't have anything to do with what kind of soldier you are, then you should be in favor of repeal of DADT. DADT is the reason why gays and our allies are now putting it in your face. Eliminate the discrimination and voila problem solved.
Don't ask, don't tell means that homosexuality isn't an issue. It means- take it off the table. We don't want to know.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:06 PM

24,483 posts, read 33,191,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Sorry, that still doesn't explain why you see being called hetero as a 'compliment'. Gay people are perfectly capable of 'enjoying the opposite sex'. They just prefer their own. That's why for so long marriage (to the opposite sex) was considered "the ultimate closet". Rather than admitting to being homosexual, too many used to marry, have children and live a miserable life. They, too, would have considered being called hetero a 'compliment' because it would have meant they were doing a good job of pretending.
It's not quite the same. Homosexuals can't enjoy the opposite sex in certain ways. I don't think I have to explain it any further.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:02 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,290,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Your opinion is sick and hateful.
You really think that being gay is only about sex?
What about the rest of the hateros, is there existence about sex only?
It's not about sex. It's about modeling behavior that children will learn. Men and women, regardless of sexual orientation, exhibit behaviors that are different from each other and that are important for children to observe and learn. Child development is best when they are exposed to good role models of both sexes. Traditionally this means a mother and a father. It is not good for a child's development to be missing one of those, as we have seen with the plague of single mother households in the past 40 years. Homosexuals are so obsessed with pressing their agenda that they push aside inconvenient matters like the wellfare of children.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:18 AM

294 posts, read 350,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
It's not about sex. It's about modeling behavior that children will learn. Men and women, regardless of sexual orientation, exhibit behaviors that are different from each other and that are important for children to observe and learn. Child development is best when they are exposed to good role models of both sexes. Traditionally this means a mother and a father. It is not good for a child's development to be missing one of those, as we have seen with the plague of single mother households in the past 40 years. Homosexuals are so obsessed with pressing their agenda that they push aside inconvenient matters like the wellfare of children.

The point you're trying to make is dwarfed by the lesser of two evils argument that is used in defense of what you're pointing out. Having a parent, beats having none or a bad one. I blame Tod, Keanu Reaves character in Parenthood (1989). Tod: You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reaming a--hole be a father. The weight of the imperfect situation created by gay adoption is hard to argue is worse than having no one or having someone dangerous. While I agree with everything you stated, the counter argument has merit as well.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:22 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,226,754 times
Curious, if the US is a homophobic nation, what are all muslim majority nations? Is there a more extreme word than homophobic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies