Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2010, 07:23 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
Nah...nazi's were homosexuals themselves (Pink Swastika). Plus its the truth...its simple mathematics...how can any group become a majority if they cant pass their genes to the next generation in the same numbers that other people who do procreate can? The U.S. is losing power as we speak due to our low birthrates.....whichever nation embraces non reproduction/abstinence will lose their political power...because immigration to bolster low birthrates cant be sustained with a compassionate entitlement state. The nation will either go broke or lose population and become weak...this is why less industrial nations cant afford to embrace homosexuality...its a luxury.

This was was a pretty cool article about how we became so indoctrinated via the professional left from the traditional values website someone presented earlier...very interesting and informative...

http://www.traditionalvalues.org/pdf...ngStraight.PDF
Unfortunately for you, you can only find that sort of distorted nonsense on fact-free anti-gay propaganda sites like the one in that link, not from any reputable source.

Last edited by Ceist; 09-25-2010 at 07:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 07:31 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,750,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
talk about spewing hate! omg all you do is spew hate on here toward anyone who disagrees with you on here, holy crap you constantly call heterosexuals hateros and put everyone down who isnt gay -hypocritical much? we get it you hate straight people
I disagree with the bolded. She only calls 'haterosexual' those who display their obvious hatred of anyone who's not heterosexual. As for the second part of that statement, again, you are wrong. I'm not gay and she has never 'put me down'. Then again, I fight at her side for the rights of our gay citizens. Chiel doesn't hate straights - she IS straight. Or are you so into bashing that you really can't interpret anyone else's posts?

Old 09-25-2010, 07:43 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,527,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Ridiculous. This liberal is 60 years old. You telling me I'm 'stupid'? The more I learn about the world and politics, the more liberal I have become.
If you are young, and not a liberal, you have no heart.
If you are old, and not a conservative, you have no brain

This is just a funy little ditty and I don't think it was meant to be taken seriously or for people to get their backs over!

Old 09-25-2010, 08:12 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,750,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
I'm 54.
It is not the same problem though you choose to define it as such to use as an advantage to persuade.

As said, you already have the same rights as I do.
Since there was no quote in your post, I don't know who this was directed to, but let me answer. First, I am hetero, so yes I have the same rights as you. But my friends Ric, Roger, Karl and Johnny are all gay, so there are a few rights that seem to be missing for them. For instance, none of them could go down to their local marriage license bureau to get that marriage license to marry the ones they love. Hell, my brother has been married 6 times, yet (providing he divorced his current wife) he could come here to Las Vegas and be remarried in a few hours! None of the aforementioned friends could do that. In the states that two of them live in, they and their partners can't even adopt a child (though they would be allowed to be foster parents). Were any of the four of them in the military, they would have to be extremely careful not to expose the fact of their 'gayness' (nor allow others to expose it) or risk dishonorable discharge.
Of my friends named above, one is a pediatric nurse, one is a college professor,
one is an ASL interpreter and the last has been on medical disability for several years because of a beating that happened for no other reason than that he is gay. (and no, the occupations are purposefully not listed in the same order as the names.)

Old 09-25-2010, 10:15 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Wow, this thread rather extends to the horizon and there are to many posts representing to many takes on this to comment on in the time I have to play on here these days. The title is deceptive "homophobic nation". The main thrust of commentary seems to be about gays/lesbians in military service, which is a very singular part of Americas, so called, "homophobia". The rub here is that gays/lesbians and the plethora of newly added sexual lifestyles, want 'acceptence' by US society as a whole. OK, fine. Gays, lesbians, transgenders, cross dressers, etc etc etc want to stand out on the street, the workplace, the battlefield, wherever, and loudly proclaim "HEY, look at us, we ain't like the rest of ya's". Great. happy for you. However, there are still a lot of folks who don't care to have the 'gay' lifestyle placed on parade and rubbed in their faces. That does not mean that they are afraid or 'phobic'. I am not, personally, intimidated by gays/lesbians etc, however, many of the latter do seem intimidated by the 'straight' community. So much so, that they feel they must gather in as large a number as possible and profess their pride in being homosexual. last time I checked, what happens in the bedroom was a very private affair, and ain't nobody's business but my own. I reckon ifn' we could just keep things in that perspective, a lot of terms like 'homophobia' would have very little, if any, meaning, and life could go on. Alas, things can never be so simple.............

Old 09-25-2010, 11:11 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Ummm, no, they want equal rights as US citizens.
They want nothing more than other citizens have.
Period.

Old 09-25-2010, 11:27 AM

3,424 posts, read 5,972,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Unfortunately for you, you can only find that sort of distorted nonsense on fact-free anti-gay propaganda sites like the one in that link, not from any reputable source.
Of course its reputable...Actually you can find that essay on quite a few places on the web that dont even have an antigay/pro family slant. Dont blame the messenger...lol The essay was merely a reprint of the article originally published by gay activists themselves. I came across it following the link that someone posted earlier..but it can be found elsewhere. Sure one can reflexively dismiss it for appearing on an propaganda sight if they'd like..but that doesnt change the historical fact that Marshall Kirk did write the indoctrination strategy.

Unfortunately for you, nothing can be found to counter the fact that he published the indoctrination strategy....not even on unreputable progay "professional" left propaganda sites.

Old 09-25-2010, 12:06 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
Actually gay men are out of the closet not for your sake but it's so they can pick up other gay guys for dating, hook ups, or to form new friendships. Gay men are also out of the closet so they can form friendships with socially liberal individuals. It's called socializing and forming community. If you are conservative then don't befriend or date a gay man. It's that easy for you. Gay men make up 2% of the population. How complicated is it to avoid them and a semi-annual gay pride parade event? Just avoid it!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Wow, this thread rather extends to the horizon and there are to many posts representing to many takes on this to comment on in the time I have to play on here these days. The title is deceptive "homophobic nation". The main thrust of commentary seems to be about gays/lesbians in military service, which is a very singular part of Americas, so called, "homophobia". The rub here is that gays/lesbians and the plethora of newly added sexual lifestyles, want 'acceptence' by US society as a whole. OK, fine. Gays, lesbians, transgenders, cross dressers, etc etc etc want to stand out on the street, the workplace, the battlefield, wherever, and loudly proclaim "HEY, look at us, we ain't like the rest of ya's". Great. happy for you. However, there are still a lot of folks who don't care to have the 'gay' lifestyle placed on parade and rubbed in their faces. That does not mean that they are afraid or 'phobic'. I am not, personally, intimidated by gays/lesbians etc, however, many of the latter do seem intimidated by the 'straight' community. So much so, that they feel they must gather in as large a number as possible and profess their pride in being homosexual. last time I checked, what happens in the bedroom was a very private affair, and ain't nobody's business but my own. I reckon ifn' we could just keep things in that perspective, a lot of terms like 'homophobia' would have very little, if any, meaning, and life could go on. Alas, things can never be so simple.............

Last edited by artsyguy; 09-25-2010 at 12:16 PM..

Old 09-25-2010, 12:11 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
Gay people are celebrating their love just like any other couple would do. With regard to the military. They are not screaming their sexuality off of roof tops. I believe it is when they are off duty that they get caught messing around. You really do not have privacy at all when you are in the military. Everybody knows your business. And, they probably have informants keeping an eye on everyone. And, individualism isn't very much respected or nurtured. It's about the collective i.e., statism. Everybody must be the same i.e., homogeneity. Being gay makes people individuals and different. That's bad when you work for the government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Ummm, no, they want equal rights as US citizens.
They want nothing more than other citizens have.
Period.

Old 09-25-2010, 12:44 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Actually gay men are out of the closet not for your sake but it's so they can pick up other gay guys for dating, hook ups, or to form new friendships. Gay men are also out of the closet so they can form friendships with socially liberal individuals. It's called socializing and forming community. If you are conservative then don't befriend or date a gay man. It's that easy for you. Gay men make up 2% of the population. How complicated is it to avoid them and a semi-annual gay pride parade event? Just avoid it!!!!!
Both chiegirl and you are missing my point, which I figgered would be the case with most who took the time to read it. Oh well. Such is the way of things, particularly on issues such as this one. I do not, nor have I ever, gone seeking conntact with the 'gay community', and last I checked it was not illegal to be homosexual. Yet, not a day goes by, it seems, that I am not bombarded by the issue of 'gay rights', displays of 'gay pride' etc ad naseum, because these issues are such attention grabbers and are covered so extensively by our pandering media outlets. Were that it was as simple as plain ol' avoidance. Could I not spin that same principal back at the 'gay community'? Was it really required to take to the streets and riot in CA after the vote on the gay marriage bill? Ya think that such displays as that and so many other overt displays of 'gay pride' and 'gay anger' that are taking place ,daily, across the nation, will honestly change peoples take on 'homosexual rights'? The latter term, by the way, does indeed denote that 'special rights', and not 'equal rights' are in question here from the standpoint of the average American. Most folks are not delving into being very analytical on this subject. Politically, I am a conservative, that does not require that I conform to the stereotype you describe me as, and I don't. All I'm doing is stating facts, as they stand today. I'm not espousing my own, personal , take on 'gay rights', other than my comment on bedroom games being nobodies business but those involved in said games. Lets face it, the louder the 'gay community' gets the more resistance they encounter to their agenda. The extremes on both ends of this argument are what most people are seeing, whether that be raving lunatic Bible thumpers, or flaming dispalys of 'gay pride' in your face and beating it all to death. That does not lead to rational and productive progress on any issue, now, does it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies