Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 01:18 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
I think we Gays should form our own Military , and while form at it take over a state and form our own utopia....
Thought that already happened.

YouTube - In the Navy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 01:18 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Well no. It has little to do with homophobia and more to do with allowing the military to run test trials to see how this will work out and how troops react to it. It is a prudent measure. A little patience in the name of safety of our troops while such test trials are conducted would garner more favor views than running about screaming "homophobe".

Pentagon treads carefully in examining 'don't ask, don't tell' - CSMonitor.com
It has everything to do with homophobia. The argument against repealing DADT is that the troops are TOO HOMOPHOBIC to deal with the presence of gays.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:21 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Interesting opinion you have.
That description could cover half of the people on the P&OC folder, and not the gay ones.

Perhaps people with preconceived and erroneous opinions of others should look at themselves instead of projecting their assets and not so assets on others.
Every post you make on this subject serves to reinforce mine.

Everything isn't a battle to be won for "the underdog" whoever the underdog may be.

Status quo and all that go along with it, like tradition, standards, history stand for something in the military.

Our military doesn't have to bend to "get with the times". Everything shouldn't be a Progressives opportunity to throw a wrench in the machine and muck it up.

It works fine the way it is, homosexuals are a MINORITY in the military so insignificant it doesn't even justify mentioning.

Leave it alone.

If a gay wants to serve in the military then they serve under conditions. "Don't Ask Don't Tell" is that condition of service.

294 posts, read 351,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Your second paragraph is batty.
Treating all people with dignity and respect is the name of the game.
You should already be doing this, irrespective of their sexual orientation, or color, or weight, or whatever...
Are you saying that you don't?
Self absorbed busy-bodies? Isn't your post a prime example of this.

BTW, I do like the term hateros to describe the attitude of your second paragraph.

So you, and numerous other hateros on CD, automatically disrespect people simply because they're gay.

Do you see the big glaring holes in your logic?

My homosexual friends know that I respect them for who they are, not for who they do it with, or the community that represents. I don't have to qualify every relationship with every person, place or thing based on their cause. My dog was neutered prior to my adoption of him, I don't spend my days in a fight for dog sexual freedom rights, I just hope he has a happy life with what he's got. A gay co-worker, when he's shut down for his infrequent sexual references, coined that phrase (haterosexuals), I thought it was cool. I see no holes in my logic, for it's all mine, baby. I just feel that most heterosexuals just don't put a whole lot of thought into gays being accepted into the military or gay marriage. Forcing issues sometimes slows the levels of natural acceptance.

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
It has everything to do with homophobia. The argument against repealing DADT is that the troops are TOO HOMOPHOBIC to deal with the presence of gays.
I wouldn't want a homosexual watching me taking a shower or undressing.

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Again you completely ignore the process the military goes through before implementing new policy, especially in theaters of war.

Actually, if you would listen to this live on C-Span you would hear it has more to do with the Dems. trying to sneak Harry Reids Amnesty DREAM Act through at the same time.

FAIL!

Old 09-21-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Is it against the law to be homophobic?

Do we have thought police running around reprogramming people? (Besides the mass media/advertising/public school systems)?

What's wrong with "homophobia"?

Can someone have homo-disdain in 2010 and not be criticized for it?

Old 09-21-2010, 01:29 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Again you completely ignore the process the military goes through before implementing new policy, especially in theaters of war.

Actually, if you would listen to this live on C-Span you would hear it has more to do with the Dems. trying to sneak Harry Reids Amnesty DREAM Act through at the same time.

FAIL!
Wouldn't this be a good reason to have muslim nations forbid any US soldiers from entering muslim nations, because gays would be there. I think that might be the reason why liberals are so in favor of it?

Does anyone think that muslim nations would be welcoming to gay US troops?

Old 09-21-2010, 01:31 PM

952 posts, read 942,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
I think we Gays should form our own Military , and while form at it take over a state and form our own utopia....

sweeet!

next, the Hispanics could do the same,

and then the Blacks,

and the Liberals,

and the Muslims,

and the Texans,

and the Whites,

and the East Coast,

and the Left Coast,

and progressives, and radicals...

Old 09-21-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Wouldn't this be a good reason to have muslim nations forbid any US soldiers from entering muslim nations, because gays would be there. I think that might be the reason why liberals are so in favor of it?

Does anyone think that muslim nations would be welcoming to gay US troops?
That's an interesting angle.

Wouldn't the Muslim angle be worth discussing if this could possibly become an issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies