Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 09:22 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,793,491 times

Advertisements

...but I highly doubt he'll get a clue. Hell, I suppose that can be said for ALL of Washington.

3 Ways Obama Could Boost Hiring - Rick Newman (usnews.com)

Quote:
The problem isn't the debt itself; it's the total lack of discipline in Washington and the failure to put a solution on the table. That has created the impression that Washington can't solve tough problems and that the government is indeed a basket case like GM or AIG.
Quote:
But he's gotten too far ahead of the people he's trying to help.
Ya think.

I still love this country. Don't get me wrong. However, the direction in which we're headed and the people behind the wheel... both need changed.

But whom to trust.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 06:40 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,811,268 times
Default 3 Ways Obama Could Boost Hiring...

RESIGN

Seriously until people stop voting party lines and start voting for what/who's good for this country things will never change. We keep shoveling the pile from one side to the other and BOTH parties could give a damn about any of us!

Members of congress need term limits (2 max),no more voting in their own raises when they don't deserve the salaries they're getting now.Whatever they're campaigning for they need to be held accountable for that.Obama claimed there needs to be less government spending and that government needs to live on a budget like the rest of us.Funny though he's spent more in his first year than any other president and is always on vacation! I know when I bid a job I have to do exactly what I was contracted to do or I don't get paid,they need to start being held accountable!

When all's said and done we're the suckers and they're the ones sitting around laughing all the way to the bank. Have you ever seen a poor politician?

Old 10-26-2010, 06:56 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
The Repubs had one way to have boosted hiring. Show the American people they had an interest in dealing with the problem, work with the Dems on legislation to do that. That would have done wonders for Consumer Confidence, which is integral in spending. The Repubs, however, said to h__l with jobs for people, political gains are much more important. How can anyone, in good conscience, want to prove to the GOP that this lack of representation, is acceptable. Don't send any of them back.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:59 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,305,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shroombeanie View Post
...but I highly doubt he'll get a clue. Hell, I suppose that can be said for ALL of Washington.

3 Ways Obama Could Boost Hiring - Rick Newman (usnews.com)

Ya think.

I still love this country. Don't get me wrong. However, the direction in which we're headed and the people behind the wheel... both need changed.

But whom to trust.
At the end of the day the whole article is a shill for cutting taxes for corporations. Thanks for sharing.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:35 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,839,921 times
Obama wants to keep the tax cuts in place for most people, while letting them expire for higher earners, effectively raising upper-income taxes.

10 - 3 = 7 - tax cut
10 - 0 = 10 - no cut, no raise, otherwise known as "back to normal"
10 + 3 = 13 = taxes raised

Returning to normal ='s a raise, to some, I reckon. Gotcha. This is also why the housing market can't return to "normal."

Because normal wasn't really "normal" at all.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:53 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,960,105 times
Wow, what a brilliant article.

Summary:
- we have increased deficit and debt because Bush screwed up by reducing taxes without a corresponding reduction in spending
- Obama should fix this by keeping the tax cuts, reversing new consumer protections in healthcare and the financial markets, and removing oversight & regulations that could have prevented the Wall Street leverage meltdown in the first place

Old 10-26-2010, 01:18 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The Repubs had one way to have boosted hiring. Show the American people they had an interest in dealing with the problem, work with the Dems on legislation to do that. That would have done wonders for Consumer Confidence, which is integral in spending. The Repubs, however, said to h__l with jobs for people, political gains are much more important. How can anyone, in good conscience, want to prove to the GOP that this lack of representation, is acceptable. Don't send any of them back.
The last time Republicans had a plan to boost hiring, the result was 10,000,000 new jobs. I know.. tragedy like that should be avoided at all costs..

Old 10-26-2010, 06:00 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,938,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The last time Republicans had a plan to boost hiring, the result was 10,000,000 new jobs. I know.. tragedy like that should be avoided at all costs..
Carlson! You're fired! Next time I ask for 10 Million jobs I'm going to get 10 Million jobs, not 10 thousand. Shepherd from security will help you clear out your desk and collect your ID badge and men's room key...

Old 10-26-2010, 06:14 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,938,716 times
The way I see it folks. We are unraveling as a nation under a civil burden and the burden of a front line military. Old style Russia held the people to peasants wages under totalitarian rule and the military and ruling class got everything else. America's elite have for too long had to share their wealth with a ridiculously large Middle Class and the military have had to share their budget with both the Elite and Middle Classes. It's coming undone. Trimming the military budget is unthinkable to many. Right and Left alike maintain that the Superpower empire must continue. Fine. We will dismantle civil society and put all of America's assets at the behest of the military and the super rich. Iran will be invaded and the Deficit will be ignored because any action to censure America for financial lapses will bring swift military retribution. It won't be a pretty life but it will be life. That is better than the alternative: living like those pasty f*gg*ts up in Sweden or wherever it is they don't believe in War.

H

Old 10-26-2010, 06:14 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,413,164 times
Politicians do not have it in their power to create jobs. Republican, Democrat, doesn't matter. 100% of the income potential of the country comes from private enterprise. Even government jobs are paid for with taxes on private enterprise. All that politicans can do is take money from the private economy to splash around in their usual ineffective or corrupt manner.

In my opinion, when the government is doing too much, the best course is to do less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies