Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 12:17 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,468,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
They see her as the key to holding majority. So they need to trash her and hope they can keep majority
Agreed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 12:18 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,839 times
They would rather the Marxist democrat be elected

Old 09-21-2010, 12:20 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You have a very narrow view of this country. Who is actually killing this country as we speak? Obama and his Democrat cronies. The first and foremost mission is to get ALL incumbents out of office and take away the progressive stronghold. That is the very first course of action to restore this country.
No, I don't believe 'Obama and his Democrat cronies' are killing this country. I'm voting for an incumbent this year....she's been in office and representing my area for nearly 30 years and I like what she does. Why would I vote her out? That's a stupid way of thinking.... you vote on the ISSUES and what the people represent, not on whether or not they've been there a long time. Do you really think simply voting in new people will fix the problems?

I think we need a good mix of progressive and conservative to create healthy debate to get the country moving. Simply 'removing progressives' isn't going to fix anything because you're essentially alienating a good chunk of the country. Do you think your 'ideas' and opinions are somehow more valid than someone elses? Because they're not. And if a majority of 'conservatives' get elected, the progressives are going to do EXACTLY what you're doing right now and demand their country back.... see the never ending cycle??

And quick question...restore this country to what?

Old 09-21-2010, 02:16 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
To make it look like their not just picking on Sarah Palin, they have even gone as far as saying O'Donnell looks like Palin, how is the women to change her looks, except to dye her hair another color.

That's okay the more they complain the more others will like her. Look how far Sarah Palin has come.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:25 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,075 times
I know that they say there is no accounting for taste, but I really don't get the teabaggers that think Christine O'Donnell is attractive.

To me, she looks rather plain and ordinary and is just a bit too much on the chubby side. I guess to a bunch of old white male teabaggers, she is incredibly hot, but to normal people she is pretty much blah.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:29 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
For one, she is a conservative female, so it is automatic they will attack her on a personal level.

Two, she is a threat to their grasp on power, holding the Senate, so they will smear and lie and cheat as much as possible to discredit her.

Notice the media is all too happy to carry the water for the Left/dems in this matter, as they totally ignore Coons' record and writings.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:49 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,449,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
No, I don't believe 'Obama and his Democrat cronies' are killing this country. I'm voting for an incumbent this year....she's been in office and representing my area for nearly 30 years and I like what she does. Why would I vote her out? That's a stupid way of thinking.... you vote on the ISSUES and what the people represent, not on whether or not they've been there a long time. Do you really think simply voting in new people will fix the problems?

I think we need a good mix of progressive and conservative to create healthy debate to get the country moving. Simply 'removing progressives' isn't going to fix anything because you're essentially alienating a good chunk of the country. Do you think your 'ideas' and opinions are somehow more valid than someone elses? Because they're not. And if a majority of 'conservatives' get elected, the progressives are going to do EXACTLY what you're doing right now and demand their country back.... see the never ending cycle??

And quick question...restore this country to what?
incumbents are the problem, they are mostly all corrupt and build a lifestyle for them and their families on corruption. If you like that kind of behavior, that's on you. I'd rather send a message that they are not invincible like they think they are. Progressives are a backwards ideology. How is making us poorer and spreading the wealth to other countries benificial to us? How is that progressing?

Restore the country to the point when the citizens were not a bunch of crybaby wimps who have to blame other people for their problems. Back to a time when our youth had respect and weren't so rottenly spoiled by bad parenting. Back to a time when there was confidence in the economy and your own future. Back to a time when government didn't dictate how to live your life and what products you MUST or CANNOT buy. Back to a time when there was pride in the nation. Back to a time when Americans were proud to be Americans. Back to a time when the American flag didn't offend your neighbors. Back to a time when saying the Pledge of Allegiance was accepted. Back to a time when our lives weren't ruled by Political Correctness because some people are just too wimpy to handle the truth or their own lives. Back to following the Constitution instead of the circumvention of it. Back to a time when our own federal government isn't suing our states over BS. Back to a time when our own State Dept. isn't turning in one of our states to the UN for human rights violations while they violate the human rights of the citizens in said state. You get the picture.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:58 PM

23,866 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Why are the libs here so obsessed with O'donnel
Easy. It deflects attention away from the sitting Democrats who failed miserably at their job and they want to be re-elected. The people here don't even know that they're being used as puppets. It's pretty pathetic, isn't it?

Old 09-21-2010, 03:04 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,773,460 times
Well, let's be fair.

To be kind, the woman is NOT US Senate material. To be blunt, she is a blathering fool.

Consequently, she is an easy target. Why would Libs not respond to that? Were she a liberal candidates, any conservative with a pulse would be crucifying her.

I hope she loses.

Old 09-21-2010, 03:14 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,625 times
Playing the gender card again, I see. I am hardly afraid of her but I think she is an embarassment to the country along with the Tea Baggers who so blindly support her. I am disgusted at how people have been acting since Obama has become president and the whole dumbing down of America thing. Every time she opens her mouth, something idiotic comes out.

As for her being a threat, as I stated in another thread, she has a snowball's chance in hell of winning.

Quote:
Most difficult for the Tea Party-backed O'Donnell is how quickly voter attitudes have settled following a bitter primary with Republican Rep. Mike Castle and an unprecedented level of national attention to Delaware politics.
Fifty-four percent of likely voters favor Coons, while 39 percent back O’Donnell, with only 5 percent undecided (2 percent were committed to a minor party candidate).
O'Donnell's challenge comes from the fact that most voters say they are "certain" of their choice, including 91 percent of those who plan to vote for Coons and 85 percent who say they'll back O'Donnell.
With only 11 percent of voters considering themselves persuadable, O'Donnell will be hard pressed to close the gap.
FOXNews.com - Fox News Polls Track Tea Party Influence in 5 Battleground States

And of course FOX did not include all the details from their own poll in their article. The Tea Party is not the majority as some posters have suggested. I do think it is sad that even 26% support the Tea Party, but it is a Fox News Poll. To see the entire poll http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/DE_Topline.pdf

Quote:
A new FoxNews poll, conducted Sept. 18 and released Tuesday, shows Democratic Senate nominee Chris Coons leadng Republican Christine O’Donnell by 15 points, 54 percent to 39 percent. Sixty percent of those surveyed said O’Donnell is not qualified to be a U.S. senator, while 59 percent said Coons is qualified.

Likely voters would have backed Rep. Mike Castle, the moderate Republican who lost to O’Donnell, over Coons by a double-digit margin, 48 percent to 33 percent. But the poll’s other questions also reveal an antipathy to the “tea party” among the state’s electorate. More of the 1,000 likely voters surveyed — 46 percent — disapprove of the job President Barack Obama is doing than the 45 percent who approve. But that’s not translating into support for the tea party wing of the GOP: 40 percent of those surveyed strongly oppose the tea party, and just 21 percent strongly support it.

And for Democrats facing a possible enthusiasm gap, there’s some good news in what’s driving likely voters: 41 percent of respondents said their Senate vote would express opposition to the tea party, while just 26 percent responded that they would vote to express their support. ]Read more: Christine O’Donnell down 15 points in new poll - Kasie Hunt - POLITICO.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies