Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 11:13 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Of course, had it been a t-shirt like I'm wearing this morning (a picture of Barack Obama) twowolves would have been screaming that it HAD to be removed! That people who vote don't understand the laws against electioneering at the polls is simply sad.
They understand the laws; they just don't care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 11:17 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
They understand the laws; they just don't care.
Just like the NBP didn't care and neither did the DOJ. AND neither did the left, but they all of a sudden care about this stupid incident? The left is so fake.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:18 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
everyone seems to be ignoring this, so here it is again.

Quote:
Ms. Wickberg later had a lawyer contact state election officials, who wrote to her that because her T-shirt was not an attempt to influence voters, it should have been allowed. There were no candidates endorsed by the Tea Party in that election and Ms. Wickberg’s chapter does not endorse candidates at all.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:22 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Just like the NBP didn't care and neither did the DOJ. AND neither did the left, but they all of a sudden care about this stupid incident? The left is so fake.
Which has what to do with this incident? That whole tit for tat logic is exactly the reason why our country is a damn mess now.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Which has what to do with this incident? That whole tit for tat logic is exactly the reason why our country is a damn mess now.
Nooooooo, it's the hypocrisy that you along with many here are showing. According to you people, it's OK to intimidate voters with weapons but such a high felony to wear a Teat Party shirt... Please show me the common sense in that logic. Thanks!

Old 09-22-2010, 11:31 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,054 times
The tea shirt didn't state any candidates name, therefore no violation was committed. This is no worse than someone wearing a t-shirt endorsing a certain labor union or another group not really affiliated with any one candidate.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
The tea shirt didn't state any candidates name, therefore no violation was committed. This is no worse than someone wearing a t-shirt endorsing a certain labor union or another group not really affiliated with any one candidate.
The usual cynical posters don't care about those little things called facts. They just want to get paid for posting inflamatory comments.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:38 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Nooooooo, it's the hypocrisy that you along with many here are showing. According to you people, it's OK to intimidate voters with weapons but such a high felony to wear a Teat Party shirt... Please show me the common sense in that logic. Thanks!
This is the most ridiculous twist and post i think i have ever read on this forum.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
This is the most ridiculous twist and post i think i have ever read on this forum.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:41 AM

449 posts, read 934,537 times
If the T shirt didn't endorse a party on the ballot there was no cause.

I just wish the same standards applied to these guys. This makes me glad my concealed pistol license has no restrictions against carrying into a polling location. The way that guy was waving that baton could very easily give one reason to fear for their life if you get my meaning.

YouTube - "Security" patrols stationed at polling places in Philly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies