Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 07:46 PM
PPG

509 posts, read 1,423,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
becasue we didnt find all of the WMD's we found small amount here and there. there werent the big smoking gun BUSH wanted
Fixed<

Quote:
unless there is a stockpile found (which could be anywhere) with a neon sign that reads "WMD's HERE" you liberals just wont admit youre wrong.
Oh, of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2007, 07:55 PM

640 posts, read 461,377 times
Default Getting back on topic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattDen View Post
I was wondering what political group do you think the younger generation in their 20s will be aligned with.

It seems it really varies by region. The younger people in the east and west are becoming much more liberal. While in the midwest there seems to be a big rise in conservatism.

Even states like Minnesota that dont have conservative reputation the younger demographic is much more conservative then the old time Minnesotans and its that way pretty much between Chicago and Denver luckily or unluckily depending on how you look at that the region doesnt have many electoral votes.

It seems like overall. People in their 20s have very, very high ego's but I think alot of those ego's will be dissapointed with so I think that might cause a turn to the left politically. But then again as the baby boomers retire and liabilities go up I think that might shift the scene to the right amongst that group but there are more then enough baby-boomer votes to counter that.

Overall, I do think this demographic in their 20s except for the western part midwest tends to be more socially liberal.

I know this post seems sort of disorganized, but do you think people in their 20s are more liberal or conservatve as the nation as a whole?

Will they impact the 2008 elections?
I have two daughters; both grown. Both are college graduates and raised under the same roof with Mom and Dad. One could care less about politics but is conservative in her values. She is the owner/operator of a highly successful after school program for youth. The younger (24) is a staunch conservative and very into political debating and being a mover and shaker. She's a 2nd Lt. ~ Military Intelligence Officer and has served one tour in Afghanistan and one tour in Iraq. They were raised in north central Texas.

Old 10-25-2007, 08:18 PM

294 posts, read 437,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPG View Post
Fixed<

Oh, of course.
that is the lamest thing i had seen in awhile,

there were known amounts of these very weapons, specific counts.
insurgents got a hold of them, so we dont know where they came from, probably from a stock pile of them, that is from those counts...that leads a semi intelligent person to beleive that these weapons are still there somewhere and we have not found that pile. anywho

although these illegal weapons which were never accounted for by saddam which he had possesion of indisputably proves that they are there. liberal media, politicians and supporters immediately denied, discredited or otherwise ignored this fact. even after it was confirmed..CNN virtually ignored it when they did report a tidbit on it. they used every excuse in the book why this shouldnt mean that he had WMD's.

try researching it...with an open mind

yes we have not found the big pile of weapons of a nuclear biological or chemical nature but we have found parts of it. and without that big pile of weapons the liberals will never admit it. if they did admit it existed they would use every possible thing in the book to discredit it and say GWB lied and those were planted there...because it doesnt conform to the anti bush agenda.

tell me i am wrong

Old 10-25-2007, 08:33 PM

392 posts, read 1,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texcali32 View Post
I honestly dont know if we should have continued that war or not. Having a father who served in that war I feel that when our troops are fighting and dying and we tell them they are wrong and spend all our time protesting , all we do is damage the soldier. Do you think now that we are in Iraq and so invested that we should bail out? My husband along with many friends have served in Iraq and can tell you good is happening there. Do we break a promise to see it through till the end because so many liberals want to act like there is no threat if we dont?
Do we keep sending people off to die so conservatives can act like we are in imminent danger if we don't?
I don't doubt there are good things being done in Iraq. I just don't see the American troops or the Iraqi civilian lives lost as worth it. My sister did good work with the Peace Corps. It is possible to do good things without a war.
Also before you get all righteous on how I don't understand the military my husband served with the 5th Special Forces in Vietnam, my father was a AAF pilot, my sister is retired Lt Col. and my first husband was Navy. I'm still not buying.

Old 10-25-2007, 08:37 PM

294 posts, read 437,462 times
so conservatives can pretend we are in imminent danger????

is it nice in the bubble you live in?

none of those relatives you listed know a thing about counterterror?

Old 10-26-2007, 07:28 AM

119 posts, read 202,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
lol- What a hypocritical statement.

lol- is it? why dont you review what qualifies as a WMd? also read up on some of the news reports that maybe you didnt catch on the subject then tell me im being hypocritical. If you dont believe the news reports why dont you ask someone who has been there and seeb the evidence. childish...lol...maybe just trying communicate in a way people on here would understand.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:31 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,258,436 times
Sadly I believe the younger generation will continue to become more liberal. There may eventually be a swing back to conservatism, but will it be too late? Will our country be irretrievably broken?

Old 10-26-2007, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Sadly I believe the younger generation will continue to become more liberal. There may eventually be a swing back to conservatism, but will it be too late? Will our country be irretrievably broken?

yes our country is going down hill fast because of this. Thank you for your comment btw.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:55 AM

Let me ask everyone this:

when did being patriotic and respecting the flag and this country become bad?
when did family values and morals go down the drain?
when did believing in God and saying the work God become bad?

why is it that the liberals want not to be told whats right and whats wrong?? im sorry people but some things are right and some things are just plain wrong.

before anyone jumps on me here, I am a VERY open minded person. I tend not to judge, it's not my place but what ive found especially on these forums is liberals judge more than any other group of people. Young people are liberals generally because they are young and guess what? they dont like to be told what to do...hmmm makes sense

Old 10-26-2007, 08:04 AM

1,969 posts, read 6,390,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texcali32 View Post
I happen to think this war on terror is and should be just as important to our youth. what we do now in this war will determine your future, the kind of country you get to live in. You obviously think too much is being spent on it...I am not an expert on how much this war should or shouldnt cost. are you? you dont agree with it so I guess any amount is too much.
Gee, I don't know, how about paying for it as you go along? How about not implementing huge tax cuts on the wealthy (which are merely future tax increases-this money has to be paid at some point) at the same time you are waging these wars. I do not view the invasion of iraq to be related to the war on terror. But even if you do, look at the homefront sacrifices of WWII.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies