Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 07:21 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,596,343 times

Advertisements

Praise God I am so very relieved and happy for these families. They are the ones that fell through the cracks for Medicaid for their minor children with pre-conditions because they "make too much household income".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2010, 11:43 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Praise God I am so very relieved and happy for these families. They are the ones that fell through the cracks for Medicaid for their minor children with pre-conditions because they "make too much household income".
I do not think God would accept the blame for compulsory labor for the benefit of another.

Remember, voluntary charity is a blessing.
Compulsory charity is a curse.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:47 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Look at the picture of that 11 year old girl. Republicans want to repeal her? Republicans want to defund her?
As opposed to liberals who would rather of just aborted her..

btw, I wonder if the mom will be forced to drop her own care because of the costs increases coming as a result of the bill..

Old 10-17-2010, 12:45 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
Do you have some jobs to offer all those who are healthy enough to work? This is a recession, in case you are too blessed and too wealthy to notice. Many, many people would love to have a job and EARN their benefits. Right now that is only possible for about 1 out of 10 or so healthy people who are looking.

where I work we cannot get enough people to work here. guess not many people want a job these days that only pays 21.65 an hour and offers health care insurance as well.

Old 10-17-2010, 12:13 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_17n0_i1QCc

Old 10-17-2010, 12:39 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuNPxFXMwn4

Old 10-17-2010, 04:02 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I think the health insurance reform is fundamentally flawed and that is a major contention with this law. Hey, in SC, the insurance carriers just simply stopped writing any policies for children or people with children. They removed that product all together. Now, that 11 year old girl would not be helped by this health care reform law if she lived in SC, would she?

Now, if people were allowed to buy insurance across state lines, wouldn't this encourage the competition and discourage this type of reaction from health insurance companies; thereby covering more people at a lower cost? I find mandates encourage companies to find loopholes but competition encourages companies to seek customers.
Very well said!

Our insurance premiums have also increased. Being a small/medium size business owner, I cannot consider hiring due to this terrible adminstration. Health insurance costs, taxes, there is just too much uncertainty.

Old 10-17-2010, 04:53 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
At least the Fed gov is giving waivers and exemptions so that people who are insured can stay insured. Boy has this thing backfired.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:05 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I think the health insurance reform is fundamentally flawed and that is a major contention with this law. Hey, in SC, the insurance carriers just simply stopped writing any policies for children or people with children. They removed that product all together. Now, that 11 year old girl would not be helped by this health care reform law if she lived in SC, would she?

Now, if people were allowed to buy insurance across state lines, wouldn't this encourage the competition and discourage this type of reaction from health insurance companies; thereby covering more people at a lower cost? I find mandates encourage companies to find loopholes but competition encourages companies to seek customers.
Could you verify that part in bold?

Old 10-17-2010, 05:13 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
And hundreds of thousands are seeing their premiums set to rise.....because of obamacare.

Hundreds of thousands of seniors will be booted out of MedicareAdv...because of obamacare.

Hundreds of thousands will NOT be able to keep their current plans that they like....thanks to obamacare.

There IS a reason none of the dems are talking about this wonderful accomplishment of theirs on the campaign trail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies