Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2010, 08:44 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
The story is not about the street.

Care to get back on topic?
Why did she even mention a street name? What did that have to do with the story? Yet she did mention it , and it's of a street that DOESN"T EVEN EXIST!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 08:50 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
You could have at least mentioned a street that actually exists.
Unlike you, I didn't google street names in D.C. I was relying on a 40-year-old memory.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
If someone told you a story about a street that didn't exist, would you believe it?
Please go back to school, or if you are still in grade school, please keep attending. Eventually you will be able to comprehend written English.

Did I tell you a story about J Street or did I tell you a story about the abortion I had?

Don't make me call you a name. Well, really, many names!

Old 09-23-2010, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Why did she even mention a street name? What did that have to do with the story? Yet she did mention it , and it's of a street that DOESN"T EVEN EXIST!
I happened to mention the street name because, after all these years, the memories came flooding back. Guess that's hard for you to comprehend. It's obvious that empathy is not your strong suit. Please, look up the word before/if you respond, because I know you will take it the wrong way.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:02 PM

203 posts, read 278,763 times
Liberals love European healthcare. Why dont they not adopt a Euro style approach to abortion that they call a part of healthcare? Britain unlimited to 24 weeks, France unlimited to 12 weeks. Finland is 2nd trimester. 12 weeks in Italy. 21 in Holland. 12 weeks in Norway. Germany is 12 weeks as well. Doctors must sign off, sometimes more than one doctor.

The United States and Canada have some of the most libertarian abortion laws in the world. We only outlaw a single procedure but allow everything else up to the time of birth. Liberals want more govt and more regulation except in abortion. Canada outlaws nothing in abortion.

Why is it so hard to say no to sex? We can tell people to say no to big macs and unhealthy foods but not sex? Food is just as much of a survival urge than sex is and yet we constantly tell people what not to eat. Some go as far as to ban things like trans fat because they want to regulate what people eat. Liberals are all for regulating what people eat and telling people to eat healthy but yet they say humans cannot control themselves sexually? Why can you control food intake but not sex?

Why should we be encouraging stupidity by telling stupid people that if they do something stupid they dont have to worry about wising up? Getting drunk and having sex is stupid. Why do we want to encourage this kind of stupidity?A get out of jail free card encourages risk taking.

The big irony about legalized abortion is that it was an idea push by two men worried about population growth that convinced a feminist that women were hurt by illegal abortions. Before then, the majority of feminists saw childbirth as a way that made women superior. Even Margaret Sanger was against abortion. Planned Parenthood was founded by that woman, Sanger, who wanted the organization she founded to stop all black babies from being born in a program called project negro so that there would be no more "inferior" blacks in the USA.

An organization founded by a racist for the purpose of culling blacks and poor people is an organization that liberals love so much and want to give funding to?

Old 09-23-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Unlike you, I didn't google street names in D.C. I was relying on a 40-year-old memory.
I am in DC every weekday of the year. It's common knowledge that there is no J street. Gee, I guess that must be difficult for you to accept there are people native to the DC area and know where things are and don't have to use google maps to realize it.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:12 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
Tell me, what does your response have to do with lack of Accountability and Responsibility for some getting pregnant then aborting on mine and everyone else's dime?
Newsflash: people who are pro-choice pay taxes too. I'd rather pay for someone else to have an early abortion and get better contraceptive choices than to have baby after baby they don't want and can't take care of.

Quote:
Because abortion enables irresponsibility. Women, and thus men, would have to behave responsiblyh if they knew it wasn't an option. Then the lefties say "well, they'll just have abortions anyways". Does that excuse all other law breaking? Theyll do it anyways? I guess we should legalize everything th en.
It does not. Having an early abortion is taking responsibility. Women should not be forced into motherhood in the name of other people's beliefs.

Quote:
I've had cancer, don't you DARE suggest I don't know what it's like, and what I had was FAR worse. I didn't ask to get cancer, unless you were raped, you know what happens during pregnancy. It's not like you are the only person to have ever had m orning sickness. Now imagine feeling sick a lot longer, losing all of your hair, because you are ill and taking chemo.

Responsibility? It's killing your offspring because it's not convenient. That is AVOIDING responsibility.
Your having cancer has NOTHING to do with the topic at hand.

NOTHING. I frankly care about your cancer and your pain as little as you care about what I went through the last time I got pregnant. It is not a free pass to dictate other people's reproductive choices in the name of your own ignorance of the complexities of human reproductive choices.

You can repeat your viewpoint a dozen times. I don't care how YOU feel about it. Your opinion stops where someone else's uterus begins.

And for the seventeenth hundred time pregnancy is not a mere inconvenience. I slept twelve hours last Sunday and then took a nap because I was still so tired. It's nine of months of serious physical difficulties. Your ignorance of such difficulties does not make them go away.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Newsflash: people who are pro-choice pay taxes too. I'd rather pay for someone else to have an early abortion and get better contraceptive choices than to have baby after baby they don't want and can't take care of.

It does not. Having an early abortion is taking responsibility. Women should not be forced into motherhood in the name of other people's beliefs.

Your having cancer has NOTHING to do with the topic at hand.

NOTHING. I frankly care about your cancer and your pain as little as you care about what I went through the last time I got pregnant. It is not a free pass to dictate other people's reproductive choices in the name of your own ignorance of the complexities of human reproductive choices.

You can repeat your viewpoint a dozen times. I don't care how YOU feel about it. Your opinion stops where someone else's uterus begins.

And for the seventeenth hundred time pregnancy is not a mere inconvenience. I slept twelve hours last Sunday and then took a nap because I was still so tired. It's nine of months of serious physical difficulties. Your ignorance of such difficulties does not make them go away.
So you would compare your voluntary actions with a disease?

Do you think about anything other than yourself? Boo HOO! YOu got pregnant, the direct result of having sex, which everyone knows is a result of having sex. I had a disease that I would have DIED from had I not been treated for it.

Have you no shame?

Old 09-23-2010, 09:20 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Christie Veto Shuts Down Abortion Clinics in NJ - By Daniel Foster - The Corner - National Review Online

Oh boo hoo. The abortionists can't fund their abortion mill without millions of taxpayer dollars. Cry me a river.
what a pig! Desperate and abused women will just travel further into neighboring states to seek their abortions. They will still happen.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:23 PM

8,888 posts, read 5,369,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Your post implied that you believed Planned Parenthood does nothing but perform abortions, and you had said something about funding.

Also, since you're back, please note that closing this particular office is a classic play. All that matters is headlines like these -- not the facts.
I am aware PP does more than perform abortions, but that doesn't change their status as a major abortion provider. I'm quite happy to see an abortion provider lose money myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies