Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 10:33 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,047,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I thought my taxes would go DOWN?
Anyone who makes $250k or less will see their taxes go down...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 10:36 AM

4,003 posts, read 10,841,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
It is a handout... the "supposed" intention of the Bush tax cuts was to create jobs and not outsource them to foreign countries... Oh yeah... they took campaign contributions from foreigners in order to send our jobs overseas...
The bottom line is we EARNED that money. Keeping more of what we EARNED is not a "handout". If I was accepting more tax refund than I paid out, you would have a point.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
The bottom line is we EARNED that money. Keeping more of what we EARNED is not a "handout". If I was accepting more tax refund than I paid out, you would have a point.
Must be a ton of cash you're paying out...

Old 09-27-2010, 10:39 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
It is a handout... the "supposed" intention of the Bush tax cuts was to create jobs and not outsource them to foreign countries... Oh yeah... they took campaign contributions from foreigners in order to send our jobs overseas...
Taxes are a portion of MY income that I send to the government, therefore a tax cut or lower taxes where I send less of my money to the government isn't a hand out because it was always my money. If the government gives me some of the tax dollars you sent them that's a hand out.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Taxes are a portion of MY income that I send to the government, therefore a tax cut or lower taxes where I send less of my money to the government isn't a hand out because it was always my money. If the government gives me some of the tax dollars you sent them that's a hand out.
So you're saying lowering taxes for the wealthy wasn't a handout...

Old 09-27-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Anyone who makes $250k or less will see their income taxes go down then they'll pay a lot more for goods and services because business owners who make more than $250K a year will pass any tax increase on to the consumer in the form of higher costs. In addition, since sales taxes are based on product pricing you'll pay more in sales taxes now that the price of the goods went up.
I fixed that for you since you don't seem to understand basic economics.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:42 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Not for anyone making under $250k...
Do people who make under $250K per year still pay capital gains taxes?

Do people who make under $250K per year still own buisnesses subject to increase Obamacare taxes?

Do people who make under $250K per year have profit when they sell thier homes?

Do people under $250K per year benefit from the marriage tax break?

Do people making under $250K per year have charitable deductions?

This, of course, is assuming that Obama and the dems actually keep the Bush tax cuts in place for those making under $250K per year. I would not hold my breath.

You have bought into the class warfare ploy of Obama. Keep in mind that if you taxed everyone who is making $250K or more at a 100% tax rate (slavery), it would only generate $1.3 trillion in extra revenue. We would still have a deficit, even with slaves.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:42 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Anyone who makes $250k or less will see their taxes go down...
nope

not until they extend the tax cut...otherwise EVERYONEs will go UP....and MOSTLY will hit the poor and middleclass

there is NOTHING currently in congress to extend ANY of the cuts/credits

Old 09-27-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
So your saying lowering taxes for the wealthy wasn't a handout...
How can taking less of something that someone earned be a hand out? The liberal brain never ceases to amaze me.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:43 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,853 times
Quote:
How is it a handout. It's Backspace's money to begin with.

Lets break this down.

I have a a bunch of tennis balls. You take three to use for your game. Now you give one back to me, did I just get a free tennis ball( re: handout)? No, it was mine to begin with.

A handout would be:
a) I was too lazy and didn't want to spend my money on tennis balls, so let me get some of yours. Thanks, goodbye.

or

b) I can't afford tennis balls. In which case, get back to work or you simply can't enjoy tennis, end of story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies