Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2010, 09:07 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,046,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You avoided the question.. No where close to the top 1%.. Using your argument if we were taking all of the jews out to be slaughtered, I shouldnt care because I'm not a jew..

Whats wrong is wrong.. Again.. HOW MUCH IS ENOUGH? If the top 1% pay 90% of the taxes, and you dont think its enough.. then tell me HOW MUCH IS ENOUGH?
Wrong... The top 1% pay about 40% of the taxes...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 09:07 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Who said anything about Jews?... Man, your logic is way out there...
I note the failure of an intelligent reply. If you didnt get the comparison to me not being in the top 1% so I shouldnt care, to me not being a jew, so I shouldnt care, then you need to return to elementary school to finish your education.

I suggest you concentrate on math, probably 6th grade, and history, where the 1940's get taught...

Old 10-27-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
I note the failure of an intelligent reply. If you didnt get the comparison to me not being in the top 1% so I shouldnt care, to me not being a jew, so I shouldnt care, then you need to return to elementary school to finish your education.

I suggest you concentrate on math, probably 6th grade, and history, where the 1940's get taught...
I just answered your question... I'll provide legit links if you want... something you haven't done... just right wing spin articles from blogs... another right wing exaggeration I see... 90%?... that hasn't happened since the 1950's...

Old 10-27-2010, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Wrong... The top 1% pay about 40% of the taxes...
I stand corrected, they pay more than the bottom 90% combined.. Might sound fair to you, but then you dont undestand how X% + Y% = an increase..

Old 10-27-2010, 09:14 AM

Quote:
I just answered your question... I'll provide legit links if you want... something you haven't done... just right wing spin articles from blogs... another right wing exaggeration I see... 90%?... that hasn't happened since the 1950's...
You didnt answer the question, you avoided it..

Seems the figures have been updated, the top 1% pay more than the bottom 95%, (and you can thank the Bush tax CUTS for that taking place, see the chart increasing taxes on the rich, and decreasing them on the poor?)...

Tell me how much is enough?

Old 10-27-2010, 09:20 AM

Quote:
You didnt answer the question, you avoided it..

Seems the figures have been updated, the top 1% pay more than the bottom 95%, (and you can thank the Bush tax CUTS for that taking place, see the chart increasing taxes on the rich, and decreasing them on the poor?)...

Tell me how much is enough?
Personally... I wind up paying about 20% of my income... Now is that percentage an actual dollar amount?... or you're telling me that the top 1% pay 95% of the taxes for the entire country?...

Old 10-27-2010, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Personally... I wind up paying about 20% of my income... Now is that percentage an actual dollar amount?... or you're telling me that the top 1% pay 95% of the taxes for the entire country?...
There are about 262M citizens, which means the math looks like
2,620,000 citizens pay more than
248,900,000 COMBINED.

Should they pay more than everyone, yes, they have the wealth, but HOW MUCH MORE? When 47% of americans pay ZERO, asking the 1% who pay more taxes than 95% of the population to pay more is ridiculous and amounts to theft. Thats why I care.. I dont support criminals.. I dont support stealing from A so B can benefit. We dont live in Sherwood Forest with Robin Hood.. we live in a society, where we ALL benefit and we ALL should contribute.

You liberals whined and cried about how we are a nation and we need health care to benefit all because you illness affect me (when it doesnt) but when it comes down to A not paying so B has too pay more than their fair share, you dont have a problem..

Old 10-27-2010, 09:32 AM

Quote:
There are about 262M citizens, which means the math looks like
2,620,000 citizens pay more than
248,900,000 COMBINED.

Should they pay more than everyone, yes, they have the wealth, but HOW MUCH MORE? When 47% of americans pay ZERO, asking the 1% who pay more taxes than 95% of the population to pay more is ridiculous and amounts to theft. Thats why I care.. I dont support criminals.. I dont support stealing from A so B can benefit. We dont live in Sherwood Forest with Robin Hood.. we live in a society, where we ALL benefit and we ALL should contribute.

You liberals whined and cried about how we are a nation and we need health care to benefit all because you illness affect me (when it doesnt) but when it comes down to A not paying so B has too pay more than their fair share, you dont have a problem..
Again... What is the annual income of the 47% of Americans who you say don't pay taxes?... Less than $10,000 a year?... We already went over this...

Old 10-27-2010, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Again... What is the annual income of the 47% of Americans who you say don't pay taxes?... Less than $10,000 a year?... We already went over this...
i already posted a nice little chart for your review, I didnt even make you read a story to obtain the information. You ignored the chart and pretended it didnt exist because you didnt like the outcome.

The vast majority of households making up to $30,000 fall into the category, as do nearly half of all households making between $30,000 and $40,000.

As you move up the income scale the percentages drop.

Nearly 22% of those making between $50,000 and $75,000 end up with no federal income tax liability or negative liability as do 9% of households with incomes between $75,000 and $100,000.

47% of households owe no tax - and their ranks are growing - Sep. 30, 2009

Tell me why someone earning $75,000 a year has ZERO taxes? They should be paying the SAME percentage as everyone else..

But you again avoided the original question.. Your usual deflection, lets stay on the subject..

WHAT PERCENTAGE OF TAXES SHOULD THE TOP 1% PAY? How is it fair that they pay more taxes than 95% of ALL americans COMBINED? You see what your Huffington POS ignores is the top 1% dont pay INCOME taxes.. They dont earn.. They make their living from investments, from capital gains, and various other methods, they dont receive PAYCHECKS..

Old 10-27-2010, 09:44 AM

Quote:
i already posted a nice little chart for your review, I didnt even make you read a story to obtain the information. You ignored the chart and pretended it didnt exist because you didnt like the outcome.

The vast majority of households making up to $30,000 fall into the category, as do nearly half of all households making between $30,000 and $40,000.

As you move up the income scale the percentages drop.

Nearly 22% of those making between $50,000 and $75,000 end up with no federal income tax liability or negative liability as do 9% of households with incomes between $75,000 and $100,000.
47% of households owe no tax - and their ranks are growing - Sep. 30, 2009

Tell me why someone earning $75,000 a year has ZERO taxes? They should be paying the SAME percentage as everyone else..

But you again avoided the original question.. Your usual deflection, lets stay on the subject..

WHAT PERCENTAGE OF TAXES SHOULD THE TOP 1% PAY? How is it fair that they pay more taxes than 95% of ALL americans COMBINED? You see what your Huffington POS ignores is the top 1% dont pay INCOME taxes.. They dont earn.. They make their living from investments, from capital gains, and various other methods, they dont receive PAYCHECKS..
I didn't avoid anything... Whatever the case may be... Why didn't the Bush administration fix this then?... What were they doing the past 10 years?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies