Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 09:55 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
I did address what they said... ... What's DU?
You didn't address anything whatsoever, how is a person supposed to be happy about slightly lower income taxes when they're unemployed. Unemployment has gone way UP under Obama, therefore a lot of people are paying a lot less in income taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 09:55 AM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
In short, no matter how one slices the data, the Tea Party crowd appears to believe that federal taxes are very considerably higher than they actually are, whether referring to total taxes as a share of GDP or in terms of the taxes paid by a typical family.
The $4 trillion in new debt since 0bama race the national stage IS a tax increase. So is 0bamaCare, so is the 15% he added to the federal budget, so are all the new government agencies he is creating. 0bama and his democrats have essentially added more then $4 trillion to our credit card and we will have to increase our monthly payments to pay it all back. How else do you think all of this is going to be paid back, if not thru future tax increases, or a devalued dollar, or inflation?

Old 09-27-2010, 09:56 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,046,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Not just Obama, I'm blaming all idiot Democrats who created and passed a health care bill against the will of the American people which did NOTHING to make health care more affordable and instead funneled more money to health insurance companies. My rates are going up because of Obamacare, period.
Are you going to blame Obama when your Health Insurance company drops you when you get sick?...

Old 09-27-2010, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Are you going to blame Obama when your Health Insurance company drops you when you get sick?...
Why shouldn't I? The bill didn't do ANYTHING to stop that from happening either.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Why shouldn't I? The bill didn't do ANYTHING to stop that from happening either.
If you have kids or plan to... The bill does stop that from happening... but the RepubliKlans would rather see your kid go away and die.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The $4 trillion in new debt since 0bama race the national stage IS a tax increase. So is 0bamaCare, so is the 15% he added to the federal budget, so are all the new government agencies he is creating. 0bama and his democrats have essentially added more then $4 trillion to our credit card and we will have to increase our monthly payments to pay it all back. How else do you think all of this is going to be paid back, if not thru future tax increases, or a devalued dollar, or inflation?
Anyone making over $250k will see an increase of 1% - 3%... (which is nothing to them)... is expected to bring in about $678 billion for the government over the next 10 years.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:06 AM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Ya, mine have gone WAY down, since I don't have a job anymore.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Anyone making over $250k will see an increase of 1% - 3%... (which is nothing to them)... is expected to bring in about $678 billion for the government over the next 10 years.
Who are you to say that 1% - 3% is nothing for anyone? That's not your place and that 3% increase could mean them having to lay off an employee meaning you have another unemployed person paying NO taxes.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
If you have kids or plan to... The bill does stop that from happening... but the RepubliKlans would rather see your kid go away and die.
I do have kids and there's nothing in the bill that stops the rates from getting so high that I can't afford to pay them meaning that I essentially have no insurance. The Dems would only care about my kids if they were illegal immigrants, minorities or some form of government handout group. My kids will be raised to be self sufficient and not to rely on the government to help them or prop them up, in other words my children are a Democrat's worst nightmare.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Who are you to say that 1% - 3% is nothing for anyone? That's not your place and that 3% increase could mean them having to lay off an employee meaning you have another unemployed person paying NO taxes.
If the tax rate was at 39% before the tax cuts to 36%... and no jobs were created... that means they just pocketed the difference while they outsourced U.S. jobs overseas... Created the Unemployment state we are in... Are you going to blame Obama for that too?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies